Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is your Current TV Plan (e.g. cable/antenna/streaming)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: What is your Current TV Plan (e.g. cable/antenna/streaming) Reply with quote

I'm just wondering what everyone uses for their content these days

Cable?
Streaming services?
Just antenna?
Nothing?

I just cancelled cable earlier this year and it's been an easy switch.

Right now I'm using an antenna for abc/cbs/nbc/fox/cbs and it works great. Then i have hulu with showtime, and hbo. For NBA basketball/soccer, I'll be getting Sling during the season now that they have a Fox Sports package.

I've found that i'm not even watching that much hulu (don't really have the time after i watch my showtime/hbo shows). I mean it's nice throwing on an ep of hey arnold on occasion, but just don't know if that's worth $12 a month.

J/W what everyone else is doing/experiences with cable cutting or if cable is still a must for you. I'm just trying to lean out as much as possible to only get what i'm going to use.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netflix + Amazon Prime

My parents have cable so I use their login info whenever I need to see ESPN or Fox Sports (using the Roku/TV app)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Netflix + Amazon Prime

My parents have cable so I use their login info whenever I need to see ESPN or Fox Sports (using the Roku/TV app)

pretty much exact same, except without a roku or tv- i just watch stuff from my computer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comcast, I think it's called Blast?

I pay $120 a mo on average. Supposed to have 75 Mbps but I've never had it over 33 when I've checked it. The cable and Internet are ALWAYS going out, it's absolutely the worst internet and cable I've ever had

@Kiltman on the sig

cbears019 wrote:
hi I'm cbears and I act like I know everything blah blah blah
TXsteeler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife watches a ton of tv so we have Directv and netflix, since we have AT&T for our cellphones, they gave us a deal to merge our bills and it's gonna save us like $70 a month for the entirety of the 2 year contract and we get Sunday Ticket for free for the first year, pretty sweet deal honestly. We were able to get 2 new smartphones and switch to unlimited data and basically break even on the monthly costs.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live in an apartment complex that only has Charter. Which is terrible, because Charter is absolutely the worst service I've ever had. Half the channels rarely work, internet is iffy at times, and we were paying like $150 a month for cable and internet. Recently dropped the cable after they once again raised the price (was going to end up paying like $130-140 a month just for cable) and moved to PlayStation Vue. $35 a month with no contract, has almost every major channel with DVR. If you have decent internet, I would strongly recommend it. Just wish I had made the change earlier.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct TV strictly for Sunday Ticket and occasionally the news
SimsZilla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Live in an apartment complex that only has Charter. Which is terrible, because Charter is absolutely the worst service I've ever had. Half the channels rarely work, internet is iffy at times, and we were paying like $150 a month for cable and internet. Recently dropped the cable after they once again raised the price (was going to end up paying like $130-140 a month just for cable) and moved to PlayStation Vue. $35 a month with no contract, has almost every major channel with DVR. If you have decent internet, I would strongly recommend it. Just wish I had made the change earlier.
ive heard of the playstation vue, but i havent really dont much research. i probably have to look into that.

i currently have:
Netflix (girlfriends)
Prime
Antenna to get the football channels
My mom's cable i can use online if i want to watch anything else.

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the sig!

AAL MATTHEW STAFFORD
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 75mbps internet that they bundled in basic (non-HD) cable, ESPN, HBO and a few other things for free. I can use the apps on my AppleTV to get most of what I care about watching live or on back viewing in HD.

As for paid streaming services,
I use Netflix. Worth every penny.
I have the WWE Network, but really only use it for PPVs.
I have Amazon Prime, but it's extremely rare that I find something on there I want to see that isn't on Netflix.
I let my Hulu lapse. Just wasn't worth it. The limited value over what the apps and Comcast login offer + having repetitive ads makes it not worth the price.

Total with Internet and all services, I'm paying about $115 a month.

Heroes for a half game; Bortle Power!
Cakeshoppe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antenna, Hulu, Netflix. I also have an amazon prime account but tbh rarely watch anything on it. Most things that I actually want to watch are also on either Hulu or Netflix.

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50mb internet and hd cable package... it's a friggin 'bundle'. About $120 a month. I also have Netflix. And Amazon Prime streaming service... which I NEVER use.

Mack on the sig
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fios 75/75 internet
Full digital cable + Shotime and Cinemax

Total fios bill: ~$190/mo

Then we also have Netflix and Amazon Prime (we dont use it for TV purposes but I suppose we could).

My wife and I (mostly her) watch a lot of different shows and so while we could probably save some money by going a different way, it's simply easier this way for us.

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antenna, Hulu, use my brother's Prime account, and Sling because I forgot to cancel the free trial.

El ramster on the sig
mission27

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cable, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu. Probably don't need all that. Basically never use Hulu. But whatever.

TLO wrote:
Mission is just a good guy who you can always count on for a calm, well thought out decision that will not be impulsive like buying multiple rolexes to wear a la Fidel Castro.

#JDI
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable and Netflix for me.

Courtesy of an online joke search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: