Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Laptop should I buy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: What Laptop should I buy? Reply with quote

I'm on the look for a new laptop because honestly this laptop I am using is on its last legs.

Im NOT looking for a Mac. I want something of great value for money. Nothing too pricey, i.e. nothing more than 400.

Any suggestions?

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Last edited by reckless123 on Sun May 31, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What Laptop should I buy? Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
I'm on the look for a new laptop because honestly this laptop I am using is on its last legs.

Im look for a Mac. I want something of great value for money. Nothing too pricey, i.e. nothing more than 400.

Any suggestions?

If you're looking for a Macbook for less than $400, something like Craigslist is going to be your only option.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not getting a recent Mac for $400, not even used. You need to be looking at PCs if you want good value. But it depends on what you need the laptop for. Do you just use it for browsing the web or viewing pics? You could just get a $200 Chromebook for that. If you want to use Microsoft office, do mild video editing, or run games (very basic games) then you could maybe get a PC with like an i3, 1tb HDD, 8gb ram for $400, on sale. If you want a laptop as your main computer consider raising your budget by a couple hundred dollars and pick up a PC with an i5 cpu.

Mack on the sig
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my bad, I meant to say I'm NOT looking for a Mac.

I'll edit the OP.

reckless123

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
You're not getting a recent Mac for $400, not even used. You need to be looking at PCs if you want good value. But it depends on what you need the laptop for. Do you just use it for browsing the web or viewing pics? You could just get a $200 Chromebook for that. If you want to use Microsoft office, do mild video editing, or run games (very basic games) then you could maybe get a PC with like an i3, 1tb HDD, 8gb ram for $400, on sale. If you want a laptop as your main computer consider raising your budget by a couple hundred dollars and pick up a PC with an i5 cpu.

I dont really play games on laptop or any PC for that matter. Something for everyday use i.e. browsing, doing some work, etc.

Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dell Inspiron.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:

I dont really play games on laptop or any PC for that matter. Something for everyday use i.e. browsing, doing some work, etc.

Recommend this deal site to find the best sales on a laptop: http://slickdeals.net/ . If I happen to come across a good deal I will post it here

p.s. try to avoid Acer laptops, oh and if you can find a great deal on an i5 go for it. The speed boost is worth it.

Mack on the sig
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:

Recommend this deal site to find the best sales on a laptop: http://slickdeals.net/ . If I happen to come across a good deal I will post it here

p.s. try to avoid Acer laptops, oh and if you can find a great deal on an i5 go for it. The speed boost is worth it.

Cheers bro.

PAKKUHRZ

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go on Newegg or a similar site, search for a laptop that meets your criteria (price, screen size, OS, etc.) and look for the best value. I got an Acer Aspire on sale for $356 (reg $799) with free shipping. That was in Oct 2013 and it's still going strong with ~6 hours daily use (mostly word processing, excel, and internet). FWIW, I had a roommate that played online poker that went through two Dells in less than a year.

"It's Manbearpig. Half man, half bear, half pig." - Al Gore
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAKKUHRZ wrote:
I would go on Newegg or a similar site, search for a laptop that meets your criteria (price, screen size, OS, etc.) and look for the best value. I got an Acer Aspire on sale for $356 (reg $799) with free shipping. That was in Oct 2013 and it's still going strong with ~6 hours daily use (mostly word processing, excel, and internet). FWIW, I had a roommate that played online poker that went through two Dells in less than a year.

I dont really play online games on laptops. So Im not too fussed by that.

l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get one of these baby bro

http://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=2858603011&ref=spks_0_0_2079390402&pf_rd_p=2079390402&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_s=desktop-auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=0CAWR3G79X6QD7X337XQ&pf_rd_i=google%20laptop&qid=1433125253

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chromebook. If all you do is use the computer casually and browse the web, you can easily find something that will suit your needs for under $300.

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Chromebook. If all you do is use the computer casually and browse the web, you can easily find something that will suit your needs for under $300.

If you only browse the internet and use a couple popular phone apps, sure. When you need it for stuff more advanced than that tho, it can be very frustrating. I would not get a chromebook as my main computer. It's basically a phone with a larger screen and a dedicated keyboard (with the specs to match).

Mack on the sig
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an Acer last year for about 350 dollars, works pretty good for me.
gillam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: What Laptop should I buy? Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

Im NOT looking for a Mac. I want something of great value for money. Nothing too pricey, i.e. nothing more than 400.

Any suggestions?

MACs & Apple are overrated. That's a different story.

I have an MSI (don't know the product ref top of my head) but I love it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: