Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread - Do You Even?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Crossfit doe?
Yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Obvi
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Bruh
84%
 84%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 38

Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: The Fitness Thread - Do You Even? Reply with quote

Stop mocking Landon Collins to Philly!
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, watching cross fit dorks is funny. Those three gifs? Those are just painful.
janky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost had a seizure. However bouncy balls are cool.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about checking my bench and squat maxes next week. I've been doing primarily 7 reps (multiple sets) with pauses for the past two months. I'm curious to see where I'm at without pausing. The last time I maxed on bench and squat I was at 265 and 315 respectively.

janky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I climb trees in my back yard for fitness. It's a good workout for my triceps, pecs, and biceps. It's actually a nice workout, the breathing feels good.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
I climb trees in my back yard for fitness. It's a good workout for my triceps, pecs, and biceps. It's actually a nice workout, the breathing feels good.

Kipping branch pullups ftw

mm6492

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want this to be left behind.

Xfaxtor wrote:
Quote:
ďYou mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and Iíll fill you in.Ē

Now remember, weíre at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious [inappropriate/removed] if we have to go outside, I thought.

So we get outside and he starts talking.

ďFor breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I donít care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that [inappropriate/removed] down and eat. Thatís your breakfast.Ē

At this point Iím thinking this guy is nuts. But heís completely serious.

ďFor lunch youíre gonna eat Chinese food. Now I donít want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG [inappropriate/removed]. I donít care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You canít let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter.Ē

ďFor dinner youíre gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you donít like sardines, donít put íem on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that [inappropriate/removed] up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that [inappropriate/removed] over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the [inappropriate/removed] out of it.Ē

ďNow before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that [inappropriate/removed]. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals.Ē

This guy is in a zen-like state when heís talking about this.

ďNow youíre on the clock,Ē he continues. ďAfter 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you youíre full. Donít listen to that [inappropriate/removed]. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. Iím telling you now, youíre going to get three or four pieces in and youíre gonna want to quit. You [inappropriate/removed] canít quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you canít finish it, donít you ever come back to me and tell me you canít gain weight. íCause Iím gonna tell you that you donít give a [inappropriate/removed] about getting bigger and you donít care how much you lift!Ē

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didnít get much fatter. One of the hardest things Iíve ever done in my life, though.

Dave Tate talking about JM Blakely and his eating habits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been sick for a week. havent been able to lift

fuuuuuu

losing weight Sad

worried its muscle

Sad

mad props to: RaykwonDaChef
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer TRX. That's where real gains are made

Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:

Xfaxtor wrote:
Quote:
ďYou mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and Iíll fill you in.Ē

Now remember, weíre at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious [inappropriate/removed] if we have to go outside, I thought.

ďFor breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I donít care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that [inappropriate/removed] down and eat. Thatís your breakfast.Ē

ďFor lunch youíre gonna eat Chinese food. Now I donít want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG [inappropriate/removed]. I donít care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You canít let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter.Ē

ďFor dinner youíre gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you donít like sardines, donít put íem on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that [inappropriate/removed] up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that [inappropriate/removed] over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the [inappropriate/removed] out of it.Ē

ďNow before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that [inappropriate/removed]. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals.Ē

ďNow youíre on the clock,Ē he continues. ďAfter 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you youíre full. Donít listen to that [inappropriate/removed]. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. Iím telling you now, youíre going to get three or four pieces in and youíre gonna want to quit. You [inappropriate/removed] canít quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you canít finish it, donít you ever come back to me and tell me you canít gain weight. íCause Iím gonna tell you that you donít give a [inappropriate/removed] about getting bigger and you donít care how much you lift!Ē

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didnít get much fatter. One of the hardest things Iíve ever done in my life, though.

See that is insane to me.

That can't be what works for everyone.

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:

Xfaxtor wrote:
Quote:

it's so true though. tbh i could reach all my bb goals eating nothing but take out.

obviously there's a big difference between nutritious food (micronutrients) and food with macros that'll be good for bb, but sometimes people over think the stuff imo. you just gotta find what's working well for you and stick with it. if somethings not working, you need to make the corrections.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
been sick for a week. havent been able to lift

fuuuuuu

losing weight Sad

worried its muscle

Sad

If you're sick its most likely water weight. I can always count on losing about 10 pounds of water with my yearly flu

Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:

Xfaxtor wrote:
Quote:

Gross
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did 6x12 calf raise around 350 a couple days ago. Only way I felt like I was training as my calf's are like pure muscle because I've always been a heavy dude.

It's like day 2 which I figure is probably normal but they are super sore especially when I sit down for a bit they tighten up easily.

I'm just concerned that I pulled a muscle or something. Thoughts?

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
I did 6x12 calf raise around 350 a couple days ago. Only way I felt like I was training as my calf's are like pure muscle because I've always been a heavy dude.

It's like day 2 which I figure is probably normal but they are super sore especially when I sit down for a bit they tighten up easily.

I'm just concerned that I pulled a muscle or something. Thoughts?

Ibuprofen and time. Hot baths to loosen them up too. Whether it's just DOMS (which is most likely) or pulled muscle, it'll work the same.

If it is in fact DOMS, and you're only on day 2 and it bothers you, just wait for days 3-4 Wink GL walking.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: