Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Apple Thread 4S
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: The Apple Thread 4S Reply with quote

Continue all of the Appleness here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be getting a new phone here soon. Considering venturing into the iPhone after being anti-apple for a long time and being an Android guy.

I honestly don't care about most features of a phone -- I want something that's 4G, decent camera, and has decent enough processor speed so that it's not annoying me.

Want the best bang for my buck. So, what is it? 5S, 5C, or the 6? The 5C would be free, the 5S is like $99 and the 6 I think is $199? I don't quite understand the difference between the 5C and the 5S and I don't really want to spend $200 on the 6 just for the bigger screen (which is all I'd really get out of it).

reckless123 wrote:

Logic really isnt my strong suit.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Going to be getting a new phone here soon. Considering venturing into the iPhone after being anti-apple for a long time and being an Android guy.

I honestly don't care about most features of a phone -- I want something that's 4G, decent camera, and has decent enough processor speed so that it's not annoying me.

Want the best bang for my buck. So, what is it? 5S, 5C, or the 6? The 5C would be free, the 5S is like $99 and the 6 I think is $199? I don't quite understand the difference between the 5C and the 5S and I don't really want to spend $200 on the 6 just for the bigger screen (which is all I'd really get out of it).

5C is a lot slower than then the 5S, and it doesn't have touch ID. The 5S is also a 64bit CPU.

The 6 is faster than both of the others, has a bigger/better screen, adds NFC, has a much better camera, better motion sensor, VoIP over LTE...

I'd definitely go for the 6.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#FreeAgent
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
[img]https://i.imgflip.com/gkwgb.jpg[img]
I was putting it off because I couldn't decide between 4S and 4G Cube...

Jaguars | Cubs | Blackhawks | Spartans | Lakers | Fire
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple sold 74.5 million iPhones, 21.4 million iPads, and 5.5 million Macs. $18 billion in profit on $74.6 billion in revenue. Very impressive.
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got myself an Apple IPad for Christmas, very impressive, can do anything you could on a phone and so much more. Also thinking about maybe upgrading my phone soon as I got a Samsung 2 and would want something newer.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an iPhone 6 on launch day.
It stopped charging in November or early December so they gave me a new one for free.
Now there is a crack in my screen because my phone fell behind my bed when I was sleeping.

Does the 90 day warranty start over when you get a replacement phone or no ?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
It stopped charging in November or early December so they gave me a new one for free.
Now there is a crack in my screen because my phone fell behind my bed when I was sleeping.

The warranty doesn't cover broken screen, just manufacture defects. If you have Apple Care, you pay the deductible and they'll give you a new one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my plans on getting a 6 fell through a couple months ago.

Looking at possibly getting one come March/April...would I be better off waiting until the 7 (or whatever it's going to be called) comes out at that point?

^^^Deadpulse
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

The warranty doesn't cover broken screen, just manufacture defects. If you have Apple Care, you pay the deductible and they'll give you a new one.

I've heard you can get screens replaced though. Not sure how that compares to the cost of the deductible. Knowing warranties though, they're probably about the same.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

I've heard you can get screens replaced though. Not sure how that compares to the cost of the deductible. Knowing warranties though, they're probably about the same.

It was $250 to replace my iPhone 5 after I destroyed the screen. The deductible for Apple Care was $50.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

It was $250 to replace my iPhone 5 after I destroyed the screen. The deductible for Apple Care was $50.

I'm saying to replace the screen, not the whole phone. Buddy of mine just got his done for $100.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

I'm saying to replace the screen, not the whole phone. Buddy of mine just got his done for $100.
iPhone 6?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

iPhone 6?

Apple charges $109 to replace an iPhone 6 screen, IIRC. You can get it done elsewhere for cheaper, but you risk voiding your warranty.

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: