Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Windows Phones, Tablets and Windows 8/RT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jaytrajik


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 13636
Location: Odessa/Houston
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to see some real time experience with Windows 7 before I dive into the HD7. Hopefully it isn't a bunch of junk underneath with a nice glossy finish on top. I have the HD2 and Windoze 6.5 has been nothing short of a colossal failure.
_________________


life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone is out. I got to play with one and I love it. Its awesome. The sales numbers so far are mediocre. There were reports that they sold out day 1, but that there were only 40k units available. Here is an interesting article on two of the top phone makers out there:


Link

HTCs take on WP7 -

Quote:
"HTC will be focused both on Android and Windows Phone 7 based smart phones. These platforms have the biggest potential market." It is expected by 2012 that the combination of Android and WP7 will be the vast majority of the world's smart-phone market.


Samsungs take on WP7 -
Quote:
Just for the sake of numbers, that's 63.3% for Windows Phone 7, 30.4% for Android and 6.3% for Bada. With the Korean company already on a winning streak with the Galaxy S (and who knows about the refresh or the Nexus S), we might expect some great Windows Phone 7 hardware to arrive next year.


Its interesting that Samsung is going to make twice as many WP7s next year than Andriod. The Glaxy Series (epic in particular) are some of the MOST popular Andriod phones out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no WP7 on Sprint.. I am sad. I know some of you all have it. Any reviews?


Anyways, I thought this was HUGE news, so Id bump the thread:

Link and Link


Nokia is transitioning to WP7 as its exclusive smart phone provider. This is important because (I think) Nokia is still the largest mobile provider in the world. IIRC they sell like 50% of the phones through out the world, dwarfing the Morotola, HTC and Apple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

Here is correction to the above post:





Amazing thing is that the top 3 will be making phones for WP7. Of course, LG and Samsung also make Andriod Phones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Time Gaming


The developers for WP7 have demoed a game where you can play on your phone against other phones or an XBOX 360 using XBox Live.

Thats pretty fantastic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29065
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate my windows 6.5 or whatever.

never going to windows again.

android all the way.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my phone



I'm big on the material used to make the phone (I hate that cheap plastic feel) so I love the rubber and carbon finish on this phone. Still figuring out all the nuances of it.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I hate my windows 6.5 or whatever.

never going to windows again.

android all the way.


I hate Sony. My PS1 broke.. So I will never try the PS3.


You see what I did there?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29065
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
I hate my windows 6.5 or whatever.

never going to windows again.

android all the way.


I hate Sony. My PS1 broke.. So I will never try the PS3.


You see what I did there?


Erm,

I have had a a Windows Mobile for 2 years now and it has caused me nothing but issues.

Text messages - Failing to send and receive

Internet randomly deciding not to work

Applications not loading properly/not loading at all

Those bridges have been burnt.

And yes if I had a PS2, which consistently caused me issues I would have bought an XBox 360 instead of a PS3.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as you realize that they scraped WM6.5 and started brand new - its whatever. Im just making sure you know that 6.5 has NOTHING to do with WP7. WP7 is fresh from the ground up. Its comparing Apples to Oranges.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29065
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
as long as you realize that they scraped WM6.5 and started brand new - its whatever. Im just making sure you know that 6.5 has NOTHING to do with WP7. WP7 is fresh from the ground up. Its comparing Apples to Oranges.


As I've said bridges have been burnt.

I've tried an Android for the past month and it is amazing.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
as long as you realize that they scraped WM6.5 and started brand new - its whatever. Im just making sure you know that 6.5 has NOTHING to do with WP7. WP7 is fresh from the ground up. Its comparing Apples to Oranges.


As I've said bridges have been burnt.

I've tried an Android for the past month and it is amazing.



Low Expectations? Andriod is buggy as hell. Id go Palm OS > Andriod > iOS> Blackberry in ones that ive owned. If WP7 meets expectations, Id place that first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29065
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
as long as you realize that they scraped WM6.5 and started brand new - its whatever. Im just making sure you know that 6.5 has NOTHING to do with WP7. WP7 is fresh from the ground up. Its comparing Apples to Oranges.


As I've said bridges have been burnt.

I've tried an Android for the past month and it is amazing.



Low Expectations? Andriod is buggy as hell. Id go Palm OS > Andriod > iOS> Blackberry in ones that ive owned. If WP7 meets expectations, Id place that first.


Nice for you, enjoy Windows 7.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45854
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no multitasking and copy paste?
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW - While I have not owned WP7 (i did own 6.5) I have owned an Epic for ~2 months. I also owned a moment for ab0out a year. Just saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group