Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 6 - Browns at Steelers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's the outcome?
Steelers by 7+
75%
 75%  [ 28 ]
Steelers by 7 or under
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Browns by 7+
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Browns by 7 or under
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 37

bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: GDT: Week 6 - Browns at Steelers Reply with quote

Week 6: Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers
Hines Field - Pittsburgh, PA

vs

Injury Reports

NFL Injury Report (not updated)

Game Articles

Steelers.com - "Ready for a challenge"
ESPN - "Intel Report"
Post Gazette - "09' Bitter Loss"
Sig Bet Thread
Josh Cribbs Brings His A-Game Each Year Vs. Pittsbugh Steelers
It's official: McCoy to start against the Steelers

Key Matchups

Joe Thomas vs James Harrison: The elite matchup of the week.. Probably throughout the league. Mashing of the teeth from two juggernauts all game long is expected. Joe Thomas is about good as it gets, but IMO the edge still favors Silverback. Thomas will be on an island most of the day and should have his moments containing #92, but will more than struggle to stop him by himself for the entirety of the game. Silverback is too dynamic, versatile and disciplined collapsing the pocket, containing the edge and in pursuit of the backfield.

Bruce Arians vs Bruce Arians: Arians had one of the worst game plan/play calling days of his career in the second matchup of last years meetings with the Browns. Props to Rob Ryan and the Browns D for beating up on an already depleted offensive line in some of the worst playing conditions an early December game could present, but this loss fell directly on the shoulders of Arians inept execution in preparation. No excuses for Arians here. The entire Steelers team, hell all of Steelers Nation is reminiscing on last years loss and is prepared to execute and destroy Cleveland Sunday. He damn well better be up to the task.

Browns QB position vs Steelers front 7: If it's Cribbs in the Wildcat or Colt McCoy out of the base, the Steelers have to punish the QB like it's any other week. I pray that Colt gets 60%+ of the snaps. He's not even close to being ready to playing in this league and hasn't seen anything close to this defense. On top of McCoy having virtually no chance at success, I don't want to see the Wildcat. Cribbs is a known Steeler killer, and the Browns had some success against us last year running with him out of the Wildcat. Sound tackling, a healthy Troy and Aaron Smith and a producing Timmons should fair better this time around.

X-Factor for Team Success

Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger: This Steelers team can win off good defense, solid STs and at times, damn near no offense. But no one has more pressure stepping on the field than #7. Taking the helm for the first time this season he has no excuses for not performing. With two weeks of practice, playing at home, a healthy and over-performing OLine and playing against a team where he has more than a little success, Ben sets the tempo.

Browns - Joshua Cribbs: I don't think it's fathomable to say the Browns can rely on one player to lead them to victory, unless it's a recapitulation of the day Cribbs had against the Steelers in 07' when he had 223 return yards in one game. This is three years later and three years of improvement to the Steelers STs. Besides, it wasn't enough than, and it more than likely wouldn't be enough now. Though, he's playing far more out of the Browns base offense and is the same threat than, as he is now. He presents some concerns out of the Wildcat, but should be contained considering they don't have much else on the offensive side of the ball. The Browns as a whole need to play a complete game on both sides of the ball to beat a complete team like the Steelers.

Prediction:

Steelers: 26
Browns: 9
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!

Last edited by bbelan2343 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI.. I wrote this GDT while still at work after a very very long work day.

My bad if it seems to jump around from topic to topic. I wrote it throughout the day and inbetween work flow and such.

Enjoy.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!

Last edited by bbelan2343 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice GDT bb!

Can't wait for this game.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so little lulz in this GDT :/

if seneca was playing i dont think you beat us by 17

but he's not

so i'll go with

9123 to -2, browns
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

Even though we have Ben now?
PaulBrownsGhost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Even though we have Ben now?

We beat you with Ben last year...remember?
RandomHero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't at your place, and we have an O-Line now.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good GDT.

This meeting would have been better a few weeks earlier. Te Brown now appear to be down to QB #3 and QB#4.

Anyone think it will be Cribbs taking the snaps with the Wildcat all day long?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering we played the ravens tough, beat the bengals, played the falcons tough

i dont see why a guy in his first game is gonna be automatically lights out

our rush d hasn't given up a touchdown yet

our pass d actually showed up yesterday

...but now we don't have an offense
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbelan2343 wrote:
Just an FYI.. I wrote this GDT while still at work after a very very long work day.

My bad if it seems to jump around from topic to topic. I wrote it throughout the day and inbetween meetings and such.

Enjoy.

Pretty good stuff.

I was at the '07 game when Cribbs almost single-handedly killed y'all.

It will be a good game.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway back to reality. PM'd Bob Brown and told him Spush is MIA. Should be around any minute....crickets....

Hey you guys wouldn't think Bob Brown and Spush would have run off together? I mean they kinda left FF around the same time. Coincidence? BB left a wee bit earlier but he could have been arranging the love-nest. They got into some heated arguments I've seen only couples get into. Ya know? Is it argue and kiss syndrome? Spush? Ellow? Bob?

Man we are gonna kick ya'lls collective...yeah just remember when the lard enhanced guy in Jurassic Park slips and you hear that slight whistle....

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

our rush d hasn't given up a touchdown yet

I thought we did against the falcons or was he the first guy to rush for 100 on us?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Anyway back to reality. PM'd Bob Brown and told him Spush is MIA. Should be around any minute....crickets....

Hey you guys wouldn't think Bob Brown and Spush would have run off together? I mean they kinda left FF around the same time. Coincidence? BB left a wee bit earlier but he could have been arranging the love-nest. They got into some heated arguments I've seen only couples get into. Ya know? Is it argue and kiss syndrome? Spush? Ellow? Bob?

Man we are gonna kick ya'lls collective...yeah just remember when the lard enhanced guy in Jurassic Park slips and you hear that slight whistle....

Pretty sure little Bobby got banned...twice.

He trolled our forum, came back with a new screenname, and had the exact same posting style while he trolled under that name too (red lettering for his responses)

Even though he was always pretty delusional, Bob actually made some insightful posts for awhile, but after we won the SB in 08, he flipped out and just started to straight troll. Sad, especially considering he was in his 40s or 50s.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really looking forward to this game before we found out Colt McCoy was starting. Would of been a good old fashioned smash mouth game.

Now I hate to say it but I think You win easy. We keep it close for 45 mins. But you wear our D out and put points up in the 4th to win something like

31-10 but 17-10 after 3

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On paper it seems like we win by a bunch, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Browns play us tough. If this game is close it'll be because their defense shuts down our offense. No way their offense puts up more than 13. I think the GDT prediction is pretty accurate with the Browns score. The Steelers offense is impossible to predict though.

Go Noles!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: