Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Through 4 weeks: All AFC West team
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Through 4 weeks: All AFC West team Reply with quote

QB Phillip Rivers
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Darren McFadden
FB Mike Tolbert/Tim Castille
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Malcolm Floyd
Slot WR Eddie Royal
#4 WR Dexter McCluster
#5 WR Louis Murphy
TE Antonio Gates
Blocking TE Tony Moeaki
LT Branden Albert
LG Kris Dielman
C Nick Hardwick
RG Ryan Lilja
RT Ryan Clady

LE Shaun Smith
NT Ron Edwards
RE Richard Seymour
LOLB Shaun Phillips
LILB DJ Williams
RILB Derrick Johnson
ROLB Tamba Hali
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
CB Brandon Flowers
#3 CB Antoine Cason
NB Javier Arenas
#4 CB Quentin Jammer
SS Eric Berry
FS Brian Dawkins

K Matt Prater
P Shane Lechler
KR Dexter McCluster
PR Javier Arenas
Gunner Terrence Copper

Definitely some surprises so far this season. BTW, it was VERY difficult for me to take Lechler over Colquitt. But, admittedly, it's the right move so far this year. Thoughts?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Last edited by ryknowssd on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Miller is a much better TE than Moeaki. Very good blocker as well.

Miller: 22 Rec. 278 yards 2 TDs
Moeaki: 12 rec 123 Yards 2 TDs

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Modman7777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Through 4 weeks: All AFC West team Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
QB Phillip Rivers
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Darren McFadden
FB Mike Tolbert/Tim Castille
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Malcolm Floyd
Slot WR Dexter McCluster
#4 WR Eddie Royal
TE Antonio Gates
Blocking TE Tony Moeaki
LT Branden Albert
LG Robert Gallery
C Nick Hardwick
RG Ryan Lilja
RT Ryan Clady

LE Shaun Smith
NT Ron Edwards
RE Richard Seymour
LOLB Shaun Phillips
LILB DJ Williams
RILB Derrick Johnson
ROLB Tamba Hali
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
CB Brandon Flowers
#3 CB Antoine Cason
NB Javier Arenas
#4 CB Quentin Jammer
SS Eric Berry
FS Brian Dawkins

K Matt Prater
P Shane Lechler
KR Dexter McCluster
PR Javier Arenas
Gunner Terrence Copper

Definitely some surprises so far this season. BTW, it was VERY difficult for me to take Lechler over Colquitt. But, admittedly, it's the right move so far this year. Thoughts?

Clady would easily be the LT, that's a homer pick in Albert. DMC would be starter over Charles. I would take Murphy in the slot or at WR #4. Zach is definitely better than Moeaki.

I'm looking forward to getting some sacks, picks and knockout shots.

-Phil Wheeler
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champ Bailey?
Zach Miller?

Pretty sure Murphy has been better than McCluster despite the injury bug last week. He's rank 26th in receiving.

I'd take Clady over any LT in the West.

Shaun Smith? Yes, it's important to 'feel nuts' with the this team. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Champ Bailey?
Zach Miller?

Pretty sure Murphy has been better than McCluster despite the injury bug last week. He's rank 26th in receiving.

Yea, I forgot champ too.

CB's would probably look like:

CB1:Scrabble
CB2:Champ
CB3:Jammer
CB4:Flowers

I'm looking forward to getting some sacks, picks and knockout shots.

-Phil Wheeler
ienjoythesnow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what has gallery done through 4 weeks to earn that spot? he's played in 1.5 games. i don't know anything about the LG on the other teams, but kansas city's must be alright with how little cassel's been sacked.

i think you did the cb's correct as well, flowers barely edges out jammer, who barely edges out champ.

RaiderX with the assist^^
BayArea07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaMaal Charles ahead of Darren McFadden? Tony Moeki ahead of Zach Miller? Dexter McCluster ahead of Louis Murphy? He's got jokes. These aren't even really that close.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys actually watch Flowers play at all this year. He is probably the 5 best cornre league right now. Flowers have been balling this year. He did pretty good last year all things considered. Champ has not been better than Flowers this year.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
JaMaal Charles ahead of Darren McFadden? Tony Moeki ahead of Zach Miller? Dexter McCluster ahead of Louis Murphy? He's got jokes. These aren't even really that close.

Yeah that was homerism at its finest right there.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Zach Miller is a much better TE than Moeaki. Very good blocker as well.

Miller: 22 Rec. 278 yards 2 TDs
Moeaki: 12 rec 123 Yards 2 TDs

Through each of their first 3 games, Moeaki had one more TD, one more catch and has been a MUCH better blocker. Don't get me wrong, Miller was a tough one to scratch from this team, but the role either player would be filling is blocking TE and Moeaki has easily been the best blocking TE in the west so far this year, even as a rookie. Trust me though, Miller hasn't gone un-noticed.

Modman7777 wrote:
Clady would easily be the LT, that's a homer pick in Albert. DMC would be starter over Charles. I would take Murphy in the slot or at WR #4. Zach is definitely better than Moeaki.

Actually, no. He wouldn't. Clady has been embarrassed by Tamba Hali, Tyson Alualu and David Ball this year. He's living off of his reputation at this point and Branden Albert has taken the next step and has been a dominant force in both pass protection and the run game. He's yet to give up a sack and runs off left tackle are averaging over 5 YPC for the Chiefs right now. Clady made this team by default, basically. The only half way competent RT in our division right now is Harris and his run blocking has been horrid. Basically, the choice was Clady or Harris at RT? Clady it is.

big_palooka wrote:
Champ Bailey?
Zach Miller?

Champ has played well, don't get me wrong. He's just been out played by the other guys on this list. Jammer, Cason, Scrabble and Flowers have all played better. Arenas was chosen as the NB for a couple reasons...his presence on the roster as a KR/PR is worth having, he's the only DB in our division who actually has a defined role as being a permanent nickel guy and he's the best blitzing corner in the west, too. That's a valuable asset. Plus, with the rest of the corners already on this roster, it'd be a freakin' sick defense anyway. Noone would be able to pass the ball.

ienjoythesnow wrote:
what has gallery done through 4 weeks to earn that spot? he's played in 1.5 games. i don't know anything about the LG on the other teams, but kansas city's must be alright with how little cassel's been sacked.

i think you did the cb's correct as well, flowers barely edges out jammer, who barely edges out champ.

Nothing, basically. I watched your first game of the year, was impressed with his play and didn't realize he's been injured. I'm making a couple adjustments as soon as I make this post; Dielman instead of Gallery and Royal in the slot over McCluster.

BayArea07 wrote:

What's so funny about that? Can you name another duo you'd rather have? Charles is basically tied with either DMC, Jones or Tolbert for being the best back in the division, based off of production this year.

bigschmadt00 wrote:

Last edited by ryknowssd on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
BayArea07 wrote:

Yeah that was homerism at its finest right there.

I added in Murphy as the #5 WR. Given his shoulder issues, it's limiting his potential right now and as a result, that's why I chose DMX over him. I've also already explained my reasoning for taking Moeaki over Miller and I'm not going to bother explaining my Charles pick over McFadden because I would fully expect this team to rotate the RBs in and out and use them equally. Both of them have big play ability and both have been playing great this year. That's why I didn't say "RB1" and "RB2". They're 1a and 1b in my mind.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the Chiefs have been the surprise of the NFL thus far and I am impressed with what they have done, but some of these picks are pure homerism.

How in the world can you justify McCluster being taken over Murphy? That really blows my mind.

McCluster through three games

5 Receptions, 78 Yards, 1 TD. 4 Rushes, 2 Yards

Louis Murphy through four games

16 Receptions, 243 Yards, 1 TD

Murphy has out done McCluster in two separate, single game performances.

Heck I could make a very very good argument that DHB has been better then McCluster.

(Murphy is 25th in the NFL in receiving). (McCluster is tied for 128th)

Murphy should be the 4th WR with Royal being the slot.

Charles over McFadden? That is a flat out joke.

Charles: 34 Rushes, 238 Yards, 1 TD. 5 Receptions, 92 Yards

McFadden: 85 Rushes, 392 Yards, 1 TD. 16 Receptions, 162 Yards, 1 TD.

(McFadden is currently the 4th leading rusher in the NFL)

Edit: I saw your explanation, and I agree it would be a deadly one two punch, but McFadden would clearly have to be 1a lol

My final complaint is Moeaki over Miller

Moeaki: 12 Receptions, 123 Yards, 2 TD

Miller: 22 Receptions, 278 Yards, 2 TDs

Again Miller almost put up better numbers then Moeaki in a single game last season. If you try and argue that Moeaki is the better blocker, I will still disagree with that. Miller has been a very good blocker since he entered the league.

(Miller the 3rd leading receiver out of TEs in the NFL).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

BayArea07 wrote:

What's so funny about that? Can you name another duo you'd rather have? Charles is basically tied with either DMC, Jones or Tolbert for being the best back in the division, based off of production this year.

Mmm, no. McFadden has clearly established himself alone atop the "best RB of the AFC West" at this point. Charles would be a clear second, tolbert a clear 3rd IMO. Charles has had 1 great run(week 1), and 1 great game (week 3). McFadden has had 4 great games, despite being injured in the 4th. To suggest that (after week 4) Charles and McFadden are tied is borderline fanboyism.

I agree though, this is the best RB tandem in the west right now. I think BA07 was just pointing out that Charles wouldn't be above McFadden on a depth chart. I can agree with almost all of your picks, I think it's pretty clear who the standouts are in our division.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
BayArea07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ your explanations being that Tony Moeki is a better blocker then Zach Miller so he fills a better role on the team. Roles? Really guy? Isn't this an All AFC West Team?

Dexter McCluster over Louis Murphy is about as bad as it gets. Straight up laughable selections on behalf of the Chiefs you selected.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
lol @ your explanations being that Tony Moeki is a better blocker then Zach Miller so he fills a better role on the team. Roles? Really guy? Isn't this an All AFC West Team?

Dexter McCluster over Louis Murphy is about as bad as it gets. Straight up laughable selections on behalf of the Chiefs you selected.

Agreed x100...

Oakland: 5 players
Denver: 6 players
San Diego: 8 players
Kansas City: 13 players

Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: