You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Moving up?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leapfrog2345

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Moving up? Reply with quote

I was thining if we REALLY want jay cutler then we're gonna have to move up. The best canidates are the niners and the jets i'm thinking we'd trade our first,fouth and third next year.
Yank3Ruth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm reading this wrong but do you mean or 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks next year?
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic has been pretty well traveled on these boards and will certainly be discussed more and more as the draft nears. I don't beieve moving up is a good idea. I think moving down makes more sense. Saban has clearly demonstrated a keen eye for talent and more bodies makes sense to me. Falling in love with top end talent is a frequent occurance for draftnicks, but for every Peyton Manning there are three Heath Shulers, Akili Smiths and Cade McNowns. Cutler looks good, sure. So does Linehart, and so does Vince Young. I would not even be slightly suprised if none of them pan out. Maybe one. At most two. It would be a record breaking year if all three end up being solid. QB, of all the positions, is the hardest to evaluate. I am not in favor of moving up for a QB simply to gamble on a guy. I'd rather move back and take Brodie Coyle and a O-lineman to protect him from getting smacked around like AJ Feeley.

Just my opinion, and I dont mean any disrespect to Cutler. I think he looks as good as most of the top end QB's, I'd just rather have multiple with smaller contracts.
K_LO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is way too much talent in this year's draft to get rid of picks. If anything, we need to accumulate more. Call me crazy, but if we don't draft a QB, I think we'll be more than fine.

For example, say we pick up Jimmy Williams, Deuce Lutui, Rocky McIntosh and Greg Jennings in the first 4 Rounds. These guys would really help us on both sides of the ball. Whatever veteran QB we pick up will be fine. In 2007, there will be a myriad of good QB's coming out, I.e. Quinn, Stanton, Leak, Smith and maybe even Brohm and Russell. Bottom line, we'll be fine.
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was thining if we REALLY want jay cutler then we're gonna have to move up. The best canidates are the niners and the jets i'm thinking we'd trade our first,fouth and third next year.

Niners!!!! Guess who they invested all of those millions in and they picked rite before us???? Yes Alex Smith

Next year is the way to go unless we can get Croyle in the 2nd round.

Dolphins Fan

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: