Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers @ Raiders
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Chargers @ Raiders Reply with quote

This is the time of the week to start focusing on our sunday matchup.

1-3 (4th in the AFC West)

VS

2-2 (T-2nd in the AFC West)

This is our first division game, against a team we haven't defeated since 2003, or 13 straight losses.
It's about time we end the streak.
Problem is the Chargers are coming into town with the #1 offense and defense in yards and they're well balanced on O and D. It seems their only real weakness is on ST with 3 TDs allowed already, and if it wasn't for those they could/should be undefeated right now.
Needless to say i'm not overly optimistic about this one.

Keys to the game.

Pressure Rivers. That means blitzing the heck out of his whining [inappropriate/removed] because our 4 man rush isn't getting it done, in case you didn't notice. Wimbley, McClain, Scott, Branch, Mitchell, someone has to be in his face all day long or he will pick us apart.

Cover Gates. With Jackson out, he's their #1 target. Our LBs can't cover him, Branch can't cover him, Mitchell can't, so what do we do about it? One solution might be to put Huff on him all game long and have Branch take deep centerfield responsibility. The way Branch is playing this year, it might be a bit risky though. Or we could matchup Nnamdi on him but that would mean playing a lot of nickel D which would left us weak against the run.

Protect Grad. The Chargers had 9 sacks against the Cards, this could get ugly with our porous oline. We need to establish our running game early because i doubt we'd have much success in obvious passing situations. Play action and screens is the way to go to at least slow their pass rushers down. You can expect a lot of 6 olinemen sets in this one.

ST. This is their weakness, they're allowing 27.2 yards per KR and 24.8 per punt return. I don't see Higgins doing much, he's too hesitant but Ford is looking pretty good on KR, he needs to give us good field position all game long and obviously a score would be great.

This is the best team we've faced all season but this is a division game and we usually keep those close, still it would take an amazing game from our D to find a way to win this one.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must win game IMO.

If the Raiders lose, they will pack it in on their way to a 4-5 win season.

This would be a huge confident boost for this team. Beating a team that's whipped them 13 times straight. HUGE monkey of their back and a chance to really gain momentum.

Key to the game. The Oline/Dline need to line up in front of the guy in front of them and win the 1 on 1 matchups. Period. Against Houston, they lost nearly every 1 on 1 matchup for 4 quarters.

If McFadden/Bennett are out. I want to see a load Bush (that's what she said) and NICK MILLER play some RB. They toyed with him in preseason, so now is the time to get creative with him ala Danny Woodknocker in NE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKAcVL_phI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Must win game IMO.

This would be a huge confident boost for this team. Beating a team that's whipped them 13 times straight. HUGE monkey of their back and a chance to really gain momentum.

Key to the game. The Oline/Dline need to line up in front of the guy in front of them and win the 1 on 1 matchups. Period. Against Houston, they lost nearly every 1 on 1 matchup for 4 quarters.

If McFadden/Bennett are out. I want to see a load Bush (that's what she said) and NICK MILLER play some RB. They toyed with him in preseason, so now is the time to get creative with him ala Danny Woodknocker in NE.

LMAO. SD has the best weather in the world IMO. Cool summer breeze, beaches, babes, the border, etc. I'm gonna try my hardest to be at the December game. I hate Charger Fans over there with a passion. My lil bro is a Chargers fan and my mom's cousin played for them.

So I think you'll find nobody hates them more than I do, on this board at least.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Must win game IMO.

LMAO. SD has the best weather in the world IMO. Cool summer breeze, beaches, babes, the border, etc. I'm gonna try my hardest to be at the December game. I hate Charger Fans over there with a passion. My lil bro is a Chargers fan and my mom's cousin played for them.

So I think you'll find nobody hates them more than I do, on this board at least.

My dad is a Charger fan. He was a huge Natrone Means fan. 13 times a row, I've got my pecker kicked in the dirt Sunday afternoon from my old man verbally. I'm ready to return the favor. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:

oh, i dunno. we all have our reasons...

Bolansho Boro Begoz
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not giving us a chance in this one. We simply don't have the D to even contain them and our O only comes alive in the 4th Q (aside from DMC). Jacoby Fords first career KR TD might not be a bad shout though.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea after The Raiders left LA I stayed with them while my parents didn't care about Football too much. They've become Chargers fans since they started winning. Though my pops did cheer for them when we went to Qualcomm. Luckily we sat next to Raider fans as well. That atmosphere is insane by the way. So many fights after the game in the parking lot, beer falling from the skies, chick fights, etc. Love it.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As BP said, this is a must win game if the Raiders want to even compete in the AFC West this year. Lose this one, and everybody will be saying "same ole' Raiders."
Ivan12

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we win this one, I also live in S.D. And it sucks listening to all their crap over the years. I only make one trip a year to oaktown and this is the one this year. Last year we made the 9 hour drive to see them pull one out of their asses against Cincy, hopefully they can make it 2 wins in a row for me.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw that old charger emblem almost could've mistaken that horse for a unicorn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to have any chance at a successful season we have to take this game. It will be much easier to get where we want to be with a 2-3 start then a 1-4 start. If there ever was a time to beat the Chargers its right now. We havent beaten them in 13 games, and if we fail to take this one all hope is lost really. We have to limit penalties and big plays. We need to win the turnover battle, and we need to apply pressure to Rivers. If McFadden is out we need to pound the Bush.

If we can control the clock, not shoot ourselves in the foot, and create a few turnovers this game is ours to lose. Unfortunately SD possess the better QB, and they have still been scoring a lot of points (bad news for our defense). I dont think this game is impossible to win, but after seeing what we have done to this point in the season I cant pick us to win.

Chargers: 27

Raiders: 20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
Never saw that old charger emblem almost could've mistaken that horse for a unicorn.

Looks like a Griffin if you ask me.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers is one of the best in the business, Tolbert has been impressive this year, Mathews has looked pretty good in limited action, and Sproles can hurt us several ways. Luckily they will be without Jackson, but with Gates, Naane and Floyd, their receiving corps is anyhting but weak. That is going to be tough to swallow (also what she said), and thats not even taking their defense into consideration. They will put more pressure on Grad than he has seen all year, its going to be ugly.

If we are going to win, we will have to combine all the positives from our previous games and eliminate the many negatives. This means limit our penalties and get Zach Miller involved like we did in Houston, run the ball well like we have just about every game, get our WRs involved like they were in week 2 and 3, and play run D like we did most of the Tennessee game and the second half of the St. Louis game. We are going to have to bring our A game on all fronts, limit mistakes and capitolize on theirs. I hate to be pessimistic, but I am not confident about this one.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no chance. Im going to watch and just hope for a competitive game. Just hoping that we do not give San Fran there first win.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:

Looks like a Griffin if you ask me.

a hawk/lion? I'll have what he's having

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 1 of 70

Jump to: