Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Penguins Thread : It's Always Sunny in Tampa Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not shocked that we lost the series....in fact, I kind of expected it...but how does a team fall off that much? Over the course of a year I could see, but in a matter of a week? They honestly looked like a different team and werent even in the same league as the Bruins. It honestly looked like they gave up....and not just in game 4....but the entire freaking series.

Whatever.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im not shocked that we lost the series....in fact, I kind of expected it...but how does a team fall off that much? Over the course of a year I could see, but in a matter of a week? They honestly looked like a different team and werent even in the same league as the Bruins. It honestly looked like they gave up....and not just in game 4....but the entire freaking series.

Whatever.
exactly, that's why I'm shocked. Shocked

Just full disclosure here, this is one place where I break off with Pittsburgh fans. I love the Capitals and have since I was old enough to know what hockey was in the late 80s.

It's why some of my friends and people on the football future redskins board don't under stand how I can like the steelers, because there in Pittsburgh and the Caps and Pens have had such a heated rivalry in hockey over the last 30 years or so.

I do still like the Pirates but obviously I like the nationals more now.

I always tell the story about what turned me off with the pirates. Of course it dealt with Barry Bonds and Bonilla. My uncle tool my cousin and I to a Pirate game in the late 80s or early 90s, I believe I was around 10.

We were trying to get an autograph from both Bonds and Bonilla after the game. Bonds seriously walked right past the crowd of mostly young kids and their parents asking for autographs and Bonilla didn't even look our way, Bonilla came right out of the stadium and headed to the limo to leave.

Totally turned me off towards baseball and both players.

I mean in the same time frame I would go to Redskins training camp with my dad and we would have a lot of Redskins sign autographs. I got some good ones. Like Brian Mitchell, Art Monk etc etc, of course my mom did what moms do and she saw the paper I got the signatures on, didn't ask anything about it and threw it away. I think I had several all of famers on that paper.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
TWO freaking goals in nearly 14 periods of play.

Pathetic.

Not much more needs to be said.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news comes from this

Iginla seems to be sticking around. Not only did he sell his Calgary home before the playoffs, but he told media today about how he loves it here and seems to want to stick around.

Dupuis also said he's got family and kids raised here and friends who aren't Penguins-related here now. He doesn't seem to want to leave.

I said it before and I'll say it again. These guys may not get the money in NHL terms, but I know Mario would take good care of them in any legal way he can if they stay.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byslma gets a two-year extension. I'm not surprised that he didn't get fired but I am surprised that they extended his contract.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Byslma gets a two-year extension. I'm not surprised that he didn't get fired but I am surprised that they extended his contract.

Hockey is still a game dictated primarily by the players, much like the NBA. By that I mean that if the players like a coach, he stays. If they don't like him, he goes. Sure success measures in to some degree and Byslma has enough of that. But until he loses the locker room, he going to be the coach of the Penguins.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno gets a new contract:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/6/13/4426208/pittsburgh-penguins-evgeni-malkin-contract-extension

Quote:
The two sides have agreed to an eight-year, $76 million contract that carries an annual average value of $9.5 million against the salary cap, beginning in the 2014-15 season. The deal will conclude after 2021-22. Malkin was entering the final year of a five-year, $43.5 million contract that carried an annual average value of $8.7 million per season.

Between he and Sid next time around, there's not going to be a ton of cap space left..

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how he learns English in America, but still spells favorite like a true European Razz
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

Hockey is still a game dictated primarily by the players, much like the NBA. By that I mean that if the players like a coach, he stays. If they don't like him, he goes. Sure success measures in to some degree and Byslma has enough of that. But until he loses the locker room, he going to be the coach of the Penguins.

Good point. That's exactly what happened to Therrien before him. He lost the players and they weren't responding to his coaching even though he led them to a Cup appearance the year before. Byslma took over a tenth place team at the time and led them to Stanley Cup. All the players still seem to really like playing for him. After the Bruins series they didn't have anything bad to say about the coaching staff despite the disappointment of not getting to the finals.

Nice to see the Malkin extension. One less thing the front office has to deal with. It won't be a distraction this offseason.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kunitz signs a three-year extension at a very cap friendly hit of $3.85 million per season. Terrific value.

Rumor has it the Pens offered Letang a big contract offer.

steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect Letang to stay. I think he's signed for the sake of having him under a long contract; then he's traded. All 29 over teams would love Letang. This one doesn't, simply because there is too much offensive firepower.

We need to move him for a high pick, quality prospect, and a pure defensive defensemen. Someone legit who has the speed to play end-to-end, but is always defense dedicated and only dedicated to the offensive aspect when simple plays need made.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
I don't expect Letang to stay. I think he's signed for the sake of having him under a long contract; then he's traded. All 29 over teams would love Letang. This one doesn't, simply because there is too much offensive firepower.

We need to move him for a high pick, quality prospect, and a pure defensive defensemen. Someone legit who has the speed to play end-to-end, but is always defense dedicated and only dedicated to the offensive aspect when simple plays need made.

I agree with you but I really like Letang and wouldn't mind him sticking around. Having said that, the Pens defense HAS to get better, the Bruins absolutely demolished them.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pens officially sign Kris Letang to a 8 year $58 million contract and Pascal Dupuis to a 4 year $15 million deal.

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Penguins bring back The Piece. Rob Scuderi signs a 4 year $13.5 million deal. Welcome back Scuds!

They also resign Craig Adams for two more years.

Matt Cooke departs to Minnesota for a three year deal.

Jarome Iginla decides that Boston isn't so bad after all. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 50 of 53

Jump to: