Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Penguins Thread : It's Always Sunny in Tampa Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
It wont be a sweep.

We will win game 3, then lose the next two.

Or at least thats what keth's crystal ball told me.

Honestly, if we go up 3-2, I think we'll win the series, but they have got to pull their heads out of their backside. They completely dominated the Senators. Now they're being completely dominated. They barely put up a fight in either of the first two games and they were IN Pittsburgh. They've been careless with the puck, they've clearly lacked confidence and they haven't been nearly as physical as we've seen them in the past.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my expert opinion, in order for the Pens to win tonight, they will have to score more goals than the Bruins do.....

In all seriousness, I'm not thrilled that Vokoun is starting tonight. I think their best chance is to rally around Fleury. I know he hasn't been spectacular, but he's been there before, he's won us a cup. Vokoun has been shaky at best in this series.

Go Noles!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree KJ on the flip side though I think this is an attempt to let him rebound and regain his confidence. If.he has a strong night he could become unstoppable.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one to leave please shut off the lights.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:

Pretty much. I told ya, they're going to get swept. You can't go down 2-0 at home, come in and waste Power Plays on the road to go down 3-0 and think for one second you can win 4 games straight. There is no chance in hell they win this series.

There is clearly need for upgrades on this team, one of those needs is Goalie.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Jayeburgh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vokoun should get the nod as starter next year.

Flower looks like a scared little boy out there.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

Pretty much. I told ya, they're going to get swept. You can't go down 2-0 at home, come in and waste Power Plays on the road to go down 3-0 and think for one second you can win 4 games straight. There is no chance in hell they win this series.

There is clearly need for upgrades on this team, one of those needs is Goalie.

I had a very bad feeling that those missed opportunities on the PP were going to come back and haunt them and sure enough it did. The Bruins are a very good team but to have the firepower that the Pens have and to go nearly 11 periods with just two goals is unacceptable. NO power play goals. If they could have won that game it would be a different outlook for the series.

This is going to be one extremely interesting offseason. It's a terrible feeling to have such high expectations and have the #1 seed in the East then potentially get swept in the ECF. Accountability must be made.

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayeburgh wrote:

I think we've seen the last of MAF in the Penguin uniform after this season. He simply can't be trusted anymore in the playoffs. A change of scenery might be beneficial to everyone. I've liked MAF but it's time to move on in my opinion.

wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me Compunction had one REALLY bad game in the playoffs, that was game 2. But hand you're team isn't scoring it makes for louder egg shells. Compunction should absolutely enter next season as the starter. Mar imo has outlived his welcome in Pittsburgh.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Jayeburgh wrote:

I think we've seen the last of MAF in the Penguin uniform after this season. He simply can't be trusted anymore in the playoffs. A change of scenery might be beneficial to everyone. I've liked MAF but it's time to move on in my opinion.

I think over the next 2-3 years you're going to see a total overhaul of the roster, especially when it comes to the Malkin Crosby combo..

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk about amalkin but Crosby will retire a Penguin. Mark my words.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a question how many of youactually watched the game last night? First of all before I say what I want to say I want to make clear I've never played a game of hockey in my life I don't know every rule but I know enough to enjoy the game, so I speak based on what I see or at least believe that I see and not knowing the actual mechanics it takes to play the game.

I saw last night a lot of bad passes I mean seriously bad pass like they were wide off the mark and quite frankly passes to the Bruins . And I also found myself last night times shoot the puck shoot the puck, and after I said that maybe six seven seconds after they finally took a shot at which point they were all the Bruins players around than that in there was no way you were penetrating that. Granted there were a couple times were they almost did but the fact of the matter is everything can seriously late shot when taking enough shots heck at end of the first, Crosby didn't have a single shot.

Somewhere between the end of the series with the fenders and the beginning of the series with the Bruins they clearly lost all of the confidence on offense. They looked sloppy and all free games they look amateur and all three games they weren't taking shots or theywere taking late shots; and don't even get me started on the power plays, when you have Crosby when you have Malkin, When when you have any of the guys they have on their roster there is not an excuse a playing the way they have. And I'll be honest the coaching pick up until this point I haven't questioned it but in this series you have got toto question what is Going on in the minds of The man that is supposed to be directing this team.

The problem going into the off season is it there isn't just one simple problem

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what I said above If we had played this way all seasons we'd be picking number one overall. I mean seriously think about it we played like crap, There was almost no real effort there at least not the effort of what you would expect from a top team, And on top of that we were dominated dominated worse than we dominated the Senators. I truly was on board with what one of you guys said the Yesterday and that if they won this game they could potentially rebound and when both games and make it to tell if you can possibly win the series. Honestly I felt like if they won this game and the next game they would win in seven games. But I said this about to send the stuff and I'm afraid about the Penguins as much as I wish I felt differently there is no way being down 3-0 that they are coming back and waiting for games it's not going to happen.

Very disappointing because you know what first of all we were all talking about the Penguins about how good they were and how much of a chance they had to win the Stanley Cup this year and now look at them and we were all talking about the Pirates and how they were potentiallyall aplayoff team and they lost what seven games straight now

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what I said above If we had played this way all seasons we'd be picking number one overall. I mean seriously think about it we played like crap, There was almost no real effort there at least not the effort of what you would expect from a top team, And on top of that we were dominated dominated worse than we dominated the Senators. I truly was on board with what one of you guys said the Yesterday and that if they won this game they could potentially rebound and when both games and make it to tell if you can possibly win the series. Honestly I felt like if they won this game and the next game they would win in seven games. But I said this about to send the stuff and I'm afraid about the Penguins as much as I wish I felt differently there is no way being down 3-0 that they are coming back and waiting for games it's not going to happen.

Very disappointing because you know what first of all we were all talking about the Penguins about how good they were and how much of a chance they had to win the Stanley Cup this year and now look at them and we were all talking about the Pirates and how they were potentiallyall aplayoff team and they lost what three games straight now, and have fallen to 4.5 games back.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TWO freaking goals in nearly 14 periods of play.

Pathetic.

It's not shameful to get beat by the Bruins but it is shameful that a #1 seed with the highest scoring offense can get swept in the way they did. Embarassed

RIP '12-'13.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 49 of 53

Jump to: