Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Penguins Thread : It's Always Sunny in Tampa Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6887
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
POWER-PLAY DEETS
Crosby did some work on the Pens' top power-play unit. Jokinen took first couple shifts and then Crosby took over from there. The power-play units were as follows:

1st unit: Letang and Iginla on points, Malkin, Kunitz and Crosby/Jokinen down low.
2nd unit: Niskanen and Martin on points, Bennett, Morrow and Kennedy down low.

Note: Martin and Letang flipped spots and worked with both units.


--Sam Kasan


PRACTICE INFO
The Pens are on the ice practicing. Only James Neal was absent. Paul Martin missed the early portion of practice (so he did not skate in rushes). Sidney Crosby skated with his former linesmates Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. Here were the rushes...

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Jokinen-Adams
Jeffrey-Vitale-Kennedy

Eaton-Letang
Murray-Niskanen
Orpik-Engelland
Despres-Bortuzzo


http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=668885&navid=DL|PIT|home


Sid practiced with his usual line mates as opposed to practicing on the 5th line.

He also worked with the top power play unit.

This doesn't mean that he will play Friday but it's a good sign that he is close to ready.

I doubt Neal plays Friday. Bylsma refused to update Neal's Status.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6937
Location: Cutch for B2B MVP, PA
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:

I doubt Neal plays Friday. Bylsma refused to update Neal's Status.


I read that he was limping quite noticeably. At least he wasn't on crutches or a walking boot though.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34736
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New thread title in honor of the goons from last night Cool
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12051
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Quote:
POWER-PLAY DEETS
Crosby did some work on the Pens' top power-play unit. Jokinen took first couple shifts and then Crosby took over from there. The power-play units were as follows:

1st unit: Letang and Iginla on points, Malkin, Kunitz and Crosby/Jokinen down low.
2nd unit: Niskanen and Martin on points, Bennett, Morrow and Kennedy down low.

Note: Martin and Letang flipped spots and worked with both units.


--Sam Kasan


PRACTICE INFO
The Pens are on the ice practicing. Only James Neal was absent. Paul Martin missed the early portion of practice (so he did not skate in rushes). Sidney Crosby skated with his former linesmates Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. Here were the rushes...

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Jokinen-Adams
Jeffrey-Vitale-Kennedy

Eaton-Letang
Murray-Niskanen
Orpik-Engelland
Despres-Bortuzzo


http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=668885&navid=DL|PIT|home


Sid practiced with his usual line mates as opposed to practicing on the 5th line.

He also worked with the top power play unit.

This doesn't mean that he will play Friday but it's a good sign that he is close to ready.

I doubt Neal plays Friday. Bylsma refused to update Neal's Status.


I got the feeling from that that Neal's status report isn't good. I'm actually hoping Crosby DOESN'T play on tonight. I would rather him sit for a couple more games honestly, get a little more rest, be sure that when he takes the ice he's healthy. Will they do that? Who knows, but they've been playing lights out without him lately, so it's worth the risk being up 1-0 in the series.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6937
Location: Cutch for B2B MVP, PA
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
Quote:
POWER-PLAY DEETS
Crosby did some work on the Pens' top power-play unit. Jokinen took first couple shifts and then Crosby took over from there. The power-play units were as follows:

1st unit: Letang and Iginla on points, Malkin, Kunitz and Crosby/Jokinen down low.
2nd unit: Niskanen and Martin on points, Bennett, Morrow and Kennedy down low.

Note: Martin and Letang flipped spots and worked with both units.


--Sam Kasan


PRACTICE INFO
The Pens are on the ice practicing. Only James Neal was absent. Paul Martin missed the early portion of practice (so he did not skate in rushes). Sidney Crosby skated with his former linesmates Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. Here were the rushes...

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Jokinen-Adams
Jeffrey-Vitale-Kennedy

Eaton-Letang
Murray-Niskanen
Orpik-Engelland
Despres-Bortuzzo


http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=668885&navid=DL|PIT|home


Sid practiced with his usual line mates as opposed to practicing on the 5th line.

He also worked with the top power play unit.

This doesn't mean that he will play Friday but it's a good sign that he is close to ready.

I doubt Neal plays Friday. Bylsma refused to update Neal's Status.


I got the feeling from that that Neal's status report isn't good. I'm actually hoping Crosby DOESN'T play on tonight. I would rather him sit for a couple more games honestly, get a little more rest, be sure that when he takes the ice he's healthy. Will they do that? Who knows, but they've been playing lights out without him lately, so it's worth the risk being up 1-0 in the series.


I'm worried it could be a high ankle sprain.

Crosby is playing tonight.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayeburgh


Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Location: Casco, Maine
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That game looked like a page from Detroit's Stanley Cup win vs. Pitt a few years ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6937
Location: Cutch for B2B MVP, PA
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for Vokoun.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12051
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc looked off his game, like...way off his game last night. And what is with Sidney always taking one to the collarbone or face man, geez..
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jayeburgh


Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Location: Casco, Maine
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAF time and time again fails to show up for the playoffs. I don't know why, I wish it was different. We should see Vokoun in game 5 and possibly moving forward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12051
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayeburgh wrote:
MAF time and time again fails to show up for the playoffs. I don't know why, I wish it was different. We should see Vokoun in game 5 and possibly moving forward.


I agree, another thing that killed us last night is how often we had a guy in the penalty box. Couldn't believe we managed to keep the Islanders out of the net in the 1st Period on those Power Plays, we could've been going to the locker room with a 4-1 deficit.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6937
Location: Cutch for B2B MVP, PA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayeburgh wrote:
MAF time and time again fails to show up for the playoffs. I don't know why, I wish it was different. We should see Vokoun in game 5 and possibly moving forward.


I've been clinging to the guy that help take them to two SCFs but it's clear that he is just not the same player in the playoffs. I thought after that first game when he got the shutout we would see the confident MAF and the one who can steal a few games. However, he's gotten worse and worse and they need to put Vokoun in there. Vokoun has done really well against the Islanders this season. I have zero faith in MAF right now. Marc-Andre Fail indeed. It's not entirely his fault at all. I still have no idea what Malkin was doing on the play that the Islanders took the lead. He's got immense talent but at times there is nothing going on upstairs.

With how poorly they have played at home the past few seasons in the playoffs I'm concerned. They can still turn it around and it's not dire yet but they've got to start playing like we know they are capable of. The offense is there but they need to eliminate the mental gaffe or they will exit with another first round playoff series lost and this one would be devastating.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12051
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confident we'll win the next game but they really do need to put Vokoun in there. MAF is going to be a 1 way ticket to an upsetting elimination.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34736
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bylsma values his job; he'll put in Vokoun. Floppy is only going to give away more games...
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6937
Location: Cutch for B2B MVP, PA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vokoun will indeed start in Game 5 according Bylsma. There really was no other choice than to make that move.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6887
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Vokoun will indeed start in Game 5 according Bylsma. There really was no other choice than to make that move.


Totally agree! I love Fleury but his head is not right! He is letting in way too many soft goals. If he could have only kept that Game 1 form!
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 44 of 53

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group