Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Penguins Thread : It's Always Sunny in Tampa Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6977
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pens win 11 in a row tonight. I hope they keep it up and make it 12 Sunday night against the flyers
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7273
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Pens win 11 in a row tonight. I hope they keep it up and make it 12 Sunday night against the flyers


And put an even bigger dent into their playoff hopes. Twisted Evil
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6977
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
Pens win 11 in a row tonight. I hope they keep it up and make it 12 Sunday night against the flyers


And put an even bigger dent into their playoff hopes. Twisted Evil


There is a slim chance I might be at that game. Very Happy

Sutter is starting to come into his own. And I like that they are not rushing Geno or Letang back.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25044
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
Pens win 11 in a row tonight. I hope they keep it up and make it 12 Sunday night against the flyers


And put an even bigger dent into their playoff hopes. Twisted Evil


There is a slim chance I might be at that game. Very Happy

Sutter is starting to come into his own. And I like that they are not rushing Geno or Letang back.


I'm just happy I will be able to watch it!!!

Enjoy the game if you get to go.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6977
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 12 in a row!

Gotta love it!
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7273
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Wow 12 in a row!

Gotta love it!


Another third period come from behind victory!

Plus the Penguins trade for Brenden Morrow and a third round pick from Dallas for prospect and former #1 pick defenseman Joe Morrow and a fifth round pick.

The former captain of the Stars is a gritty type of player that the Pens could use. He's a UFA after the season though. It's tough to lose J. Morrow but the Pens are so deep at defense then I don't have a problem with it. Morrow chosed the Pens over the Bruins to be traded to because he had a NTC. This reminds me of the deals that Shero has done in the past that brought in players like Gary Roberts and Bill Guerin.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25044
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Wow 12 in a row!

Gotta love it!


Did you go???
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Le-Morte-dJames


Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of the trade at all. We need cheap young guys coming through te system to counter the amount of high salary guys we have. Morrow doesn't have a lot left and his contract is up at the end of the season. We should've used our Morrow as a trade chip for a young winger not a rental. If we win the cup this year it'll lessen the blow, but still cant get behind this trade at all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wardfan05


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 2383
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le-Morte-dJames wrote:
Not a fan of the trade at all. We need cheap young guys coming through te system to counter the amount of high salary guys we have. Morrow doesn't have a lot left and his contract is up at the end of the season. We should've used our Morrow as a trade chip for a young winger not a rental. If we win the cup this year it'll lessen the blow, but still cant get behind this trade at all


I think the idea is to go for broke this year, since the cap is expected to go down next year, and you never know what will happen to the team after that. When you've got the best player in the world, playing out of his mind, you try your hardest to do everything you can to make that a cup season. What if next season Sid tears an ACL? Then you're looking at two years from now before you make a cup run again. Gotta strike while the window is hot.
_________________


- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6977
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
Wow 12 in a row!

Gotta love it!


Did you go???


No, the plans fell through.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7273
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shero is being proactive a week prior to the trading deadline as he makes another trade. He brings in stay-at-home rugged defenseman Doug Murray from the Sharks for a second rounder and a conditional second rounder in '14 if the Pens resign him or if they win two rounds in this year's playoffs. It will be a third round pick if neither happens. Murray gives the Pens a good penalty killer and someone who can clear the net. Something they really needed. Plus he led the Sharks in block shots too.

Shero has filled in a couple of holes on an already real good team.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7273
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky #13 in a row. MAF leaves the game with an injury though. Not sure how serious.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25044
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Lucky #13 in a row. MAF leaves the game with an injury though. Not sure how serious.


Wish I coul've watched it.

Looked like a tough hit.

Since he finished the 2nd period I want to think its just a strain and he will be fine.

Hope so!
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7273
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! Shocked

The Penguins acquire RW Jarome Iginla from Calgary for RW Ben Hanowski, LW Kenny Agostino, and a first round pick.

During the whole night it was assumed that a deal with the Bruins was basically done. In fact numerous media outlets reported it as much. Then in a stunning turn of events it's the Pens who land him. Dancing Dancing
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25044
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Holy crap! Shocked

The Penguins acquire RW Jarome Iginla from Calgary for RW Ben Hanowski, LW Kenny Agostino, and a first round pick.

During the whole night it was assumed that a deal with the Bruins was basically done. In fact numerous media outlets reported it as much. Then in a stunning turn of events it's the Pens who land him. Dancing Dancing



WOW!!! They better win it all again!
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 40 of 53

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group