Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 Game Ball?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Player of the Game?
Colin Kaepernick
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Carlos Hyde
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Anquan Boldin
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Vernon Davis
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Justin Smith
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Eric Reid
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Patrick Willis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Week 1 Game Ball? Reply with quote

Colin Kaepernick 16-23 201 yards, 2 TDs 0 INTs, 125.5 QB Rating, 5 rushes 11 yards

Carlos Hyde 7 carries 50 yards, 1 TD

Anquan Boldin 8 catches 99 yards

Vernon Davis 4 catches 43 yards, 2 TDs

Justin Smith 6 tackles 2 sacks, 2 TFLs

Eric Reid 4 tackles 1 INT

Patrick Willis 6 tackles 1 INT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other -

Tony Romo and Demarco Murray

Four turnovers combined for 21 points. Works for me. Smile
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Kaep, he looked great. It was close but he made the throws he needed to and didnt have a turnover. If we don't turn the ball over we will be in every game this season.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
I went with Kaep, he looked great. It was close but he made the throws he needed to and didnt have a turnover. If we don't turn the ball over we will be in every game this season.

Well, I think that could be said about the other 31 teams in the league as well Laughing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

Well, I think that could be said about the other 31 teams in the league as well Laughing.

take my expert advice or leave it…..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy. He owned the cowgirls

new sig... sorry alex
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin had a great game. Boldin continues to ball. Vernon is money in the end zone. I had to go with Justin Smith, though. He proved he's not done yet and stepped up big time in the absence of some other players.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in the Gameday thread, I have to choose Colin. He had such poise and determination like we have rarely seen from him. If he continues, he will be soooo much better than I imagined.

Keep it up, Kaep and you could have the Lombardi in one hand and the SB MVP in the other! Cool
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan77733 wrote:
Other -

Pretty much this. I can't really give anyone on offense *too* much credit given the defense we were playing. The offense was supposed to look good against a far below average defense.

If I have to choose someone on the niners, I'll go with Smith, who had some good success against a very, very good offensive line.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
dan77733 wrote:
Other -

Pretty much this. I can't really give anyone on offense *too* much credit given the defense we were playing. The offense was supposed to look good against a far below average defense.

If I have to choose someone on the niners, I'll go with Smith, who had some good success against a very, very good offensive line.

Okay. However, they did not put the ball in the endzone for us... I don't have any problem with Cowboy given the credit as far as game ball goes, but don't overlook the poise Colin showed. 21 of those points came from his hand: throwing or handoffs.
burlow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was most impressed and relieved by Keaps play, saying that the most important part of yesterdays game was the defense. I believe Keap would have carried that game if we asked him to but our defense never gave him the option of taking over the game as they owned the 'boys from the second or third snap.

I would say that our cowboy lead our defense effort and thus he should receive the game ball, but as I said earlier I am most pleased by the showing that Keap had.

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
SFrush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin. Five of his eight receptions gave us first downs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Forge wrote:
dan77733 wrote:
Other -

Okay. However, they did not put the ball in the endzone for us... I don't have any problem with Cowboy given the credit as far as game ball goes, but don't overlook the poise Colin showed. 21 of those points came from his hand: throwing or handoffs.

I'm sorry, but if it wasn't for those turnovers, we might have actually lost that game the way Murray was able to run blindfolded against our defense. Skuta popped the ball out and Culliver ran it in. Reid dang near brought the ball back into the endzone. Two more interceptions put us in great field position. Yes, Colin put the points up on the board, but he was given great field position by our defense on those scoring plays. We had what? One sustained drive that we missed a field goal on? Maybe one more?

I'm glad our redzone efficiency made improvements, but our ability to march the field left a lot to be desired.

Our defense won that game and I don't even think that's debatable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
Forge wrote:
dan77733 wrote:
Other -

I'm sorry, but if it wasn't for those turnovers, we might have actually lost that game the way Murray was able to run blindfolded against our defense. Skuta popped the ball out and Culliver ran it in. Reid dang near brought the ball back into the endzone. Two more interceptions put us in great field position. Yes, Colin put the points up on the board, but he was given great field position by our defense on those scoring plays. We had what? One sustained drive that we missed a field goal on? Maybe one more?

I'm glad our redzone efficiency made improvements, but our ability to march the field left a lot to be desired.

IF one looks entirely at stats, it is VERY debatable. The Cowboys outgained us, had more plays, more 1st downs...etc. I saw the game, so I am not just counting the stats. Just saying that one could debate it when you look at the stats.
I was so impressed when Kaep took us into the end zone (about 50 yards!) in what...two plays? Or was it 3? It was Vernon's 1st TD, the longer one. I don't know if our O has scored that quickly in the last 3 years...if so, it was back in '11 I bet.
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
Forge wrote:
dan77733 wrote:
Other -

IF one looks entirely at stats, it is VERY debatable. The Cowboys outgained us, had more plays, more 1st downs...etc. I saw the game, so I am not just counting the stats. Just saying that one could debate it when you look at the stats.
I was so impressed when Kaep took us into the end zone (about 50 yards!) in what...two plays? Or was it 3? It was Vernon's 1st TD, the longer one. I don't know if our O has scored that quickly in the last 3 years...if so, it was back in '11 I bet.

Against what may be the worst defense in the NFL...I'm just not all that impressed with that. As I said earlier, unfortunately in this instance, that is to be expected.

The truth is that the early turnovers made this game out of the ordinary because we didn't have to do much offensively; in fact, due to the turnovers, both teams were sort of out of their typical or planned offensive scheme in my opinion, making the results harder to judge.

That being said, I'll take a good performance from Cowboy against a very impressive opponent over Kaep's very good showing (and it was a very good showing) over a lousy opponent for the game ball as for me its a combination of impact, impressive play and other factors that helps determine the game ball to me.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: