Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Buehler continues his struggle at practice
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFLdraftGURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: David Buehler continues his struggle at practice Reply with quote

Quote:
Buehler has missed two of his four field goal attempts this season and he has done his fair share to hurt the Cowboys chances in the first two games of the season.

His performance did not get any better in Wednesday’s practice as he attempted five field goals between 23 yards and 40. Good news for fans: he hit the first one right down the center of the uprights. Bad news: he then went on to miss the next four in a row wide right.

This is just getting to be embarrassing... something has to be done soon.

SOURCE: Buehler Struggles Again ... This Time At Practice
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the hits just keeping comin'

Kiltman on avy - Peppers90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few points for the myopic and optimistic homers:

1. I tried to tell you that Buehler is a terrible kicker but you wouldn't listen. I used to be a USC season ticket holder, so I watched him shank simple kicks for a long time. Your response: It's different now and he'll be fine because he's a pro. In other words, you apologized for him because he has a star on his helmet.

2. I also told you from the minute Folk was released that Jerry was going to hand the job to Buehler without bringing in any competition because Jerry never challenges his players. Your response: Bonoil is his kicking coach, so there wasn't any need for another kicker as competition. Plus, as you put it, Buehler "needs the reps and the experience". How's that been working out?

3. Jerry is not going to bring in a different kicker because he never admits that he makes mistakes. He'd rather allow this nonsense to continue rather than bring in a veteran. Or, by the time he decides that a veteran should be signed, all of the talented free agent kickers will be gone. It's his history. Look it up for yourselves.

Face it; Jerry is running the team into the ground in multiple areas, and kicker just happens to be one of them. This is what happens when someone who knows absolutely nothing about football plays GM, makes personnel decisions, and has more control of the players than the coaching staff.

If I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times: This team will not get better until Jerry either steps down as GM and hires a new one, sells the team, or dies. Until then, we will continue to squander in mediocrity because the attitude of the team is exactly like that of its owner: no discipline, no leadership, no sense of urgency, and no concept of caring about anything other than himself. Jerry doesn't care about winning championships - he cares about marketing his team and selling tickets to any event he can bring into the building - and his team has responded accordingly.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
AndrewG522

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick folk is also 5/5 this year on field goals, i think we gave up on him a bit to early...

^^Props to PatsDynasty21
NFLdraftGURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewG522 wrote:
nick folk is also 5/5 this year on field goals, i think we gave up on him a bit to early...

without a doubt
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewG522 wrote:

I think we did as well...but what can you do.

^^^mack
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
AndrewG522 wrote:

We could've done what I suggested: place him on IR last year because we knew that he wasn't fully recovered from the hip injury and then reevaluate him in 2010.

And how was my suggestion received? With vitriol.

Northland wrote:
boysday23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
AndrewG522 wrote:

Uhhh kill Jerry, if he can even die.....
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

I nominate Plan9 for GM. He seems to have a vast knowledge of how to run a football franchise. Wink

I would have preferred that option as well. It would have been a smart decision, given his past history of being a very accurate kicker. However, I suppose we shouldn't expect "smart" decisions from Jerruh.

^^^mack
boysday23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could've done what I suggested: place him on IR last year because we knew that he wasn't fully recovered from the hip injury and then reevaluate him in 2010.

And how was my suggestion received? With vitriol.[/quote]

EXACTLY! I still have absolutely no clue why we didn't just put him on IR instead of releasing him.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

I nominate Plan9 for GM. He seems to have a vast knowledge of how to run a football franchise. Wink

I would have preferred that option as well. It would have been a smart decision, given his past history of being a very accurate kicker. However, I suppose we shouldn't expect "smart" decisions from Jerruh.

We certainly can't do any worse with me as GM than with Jerry. I'd actually listen to my scouting department, draft offensive linemen, and give my coaching staff enough autonomy to where they wouldn't be/appear emasculated every step of the way. Of course, I also would've hired a head coach with more of a backbone after discovering how weak Wade is as a coach.

Then again, I'd also put a clause in my contract that prevents Jerry from constantly standing in the spotlight and drawing attention to himself because it detracts from what the organization needs to do to win. Needless to say, I could never be the GM in Dallas because Jerry is too much of an egomaniac to ever sit back, be a responsible owner, and run the organization in a way that is conducive to winning championships. He would rather have a circus than a championship because he makes more money on the publicity than he does with his players on the football field.

Jerry may be (and certainly is) a marketing genius, but he's a football dimwit. He cares about money, not championships.

Northland wrote:
DTOMcornbread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..."misses 4 in a row in practice."

That flat out sucks, I bet McBriar could do better than that... Razz

^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks STSHE92
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Not from my corner.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Not from my corner.

No, not from your corner, Dirk. But it came from many people in this forum.

Northland wrote:
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their is no excuse not to bring in a vet kicker at this point. David is struggling and should be on a short leash when the yr started. He is missing in practice now, it's time to do what's right. If the Wade and JJ let him kick in a crucial point in this weeks game and he misses, then I know JJ and Wade have doom this teams hopes.

JJ get a freakin vet kicker ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: