You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McNair wants full salary!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STATION!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: McNair wants full salary! Reply with quote

McNair wants full salary

You've got to be kidding me. I say cut him. We wont win many games without him this year, but with his 14 million cap number we wont win many games with him either. Bus Cook says "He's scheduled to make 9 million maybe 10 million this year. Why would he take less?" Confused Ummm, I dont know... Maybe because he's only a shell of his former self. Tom Brady doesn't make that much money. I feel reluctant to draft Vince or Cutler because they both have this dork as an agent. We need to pray Leinart falls to us.
Dolphins9954

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well good...he will be coming to Miami as i predicted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a selfish thing to say.... Wink .

Reese hasn't given up hope though and I'm going to be honest here.... I still think McNair will be back come next season and he will be leading this team....

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
BlueHomers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is another Eddie George deal!! I personally feel like we should just let him go, there is no team in there right mind gonna pay him 10 million! I say give Volek the ball for a year and draft Jay cutler or Matt Leinart! Spend the money on D HHHH!!!!!!!!
Titansfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excactly why we need to keep him..... Volek is just plain poor in my eyes..... I just don't rate him as a starting NFL Quarterback. Just look at what he did against a depleated Cardinals secondary....

I still think Steve will take some sort of cut because anything can happen in the NFL and there is a lot more going on in the NFL that we don't know about. It wouldn't surprise me to see McNair back next season.... I hope so anyway or we will be picking even higher next season....

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone considered this might be part of negotiations? I've only seen similar things said by other players' agents about 15 million times before. And just because we have $10M in extra room this year doesn't mean we can just "spend it on the defense." You sign a guy to a multi-year contract (which is the only way to attract FA's) and it affects the cap for years to come. McNair's money is only applied to the 06 cap.

I think we can trust Reese. He's proven he knows what he's doing.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Has anyone considered this might be part of negotiations? I've only seen similar things said by other players' agents about 15 million times before. And just because we have $10M in extra room this year doesn't mean we can just "spend it on the defense." You sign a guy to a multi-year contract (which is the only way to attract FA's) and it affects the cap for years to come. McNair's money is only applied to the 06 cap.

I think we can trust Reese. He's proven he knows what he's doing.

I think you're right... I think it is part of the negotiations. But his salary isn't the thing thats messing us up... its his 50M bonus. I think the reworked deal will erase the 50 M but will keep his salary intact in some way. You can still drop his salary this year and offset it with a SB. There's tons of ways to do this... I think its just posturing on his agent's part and media trying to stir the pot a bit.
Burton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may be trying to save face, he may no longer want to play for the Titans (maybe he wants to go to a better team I dunno ) so he is demanding money he knows we don't have so both the organization and him don't look like the bad guy, hes gone just because we can't afford him.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The agent is just doing his job. He wants his share of the money as well, so he'll push for as much as possible. However, I still see McNair in a Titans jersey next season.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is for sure... we won't cut him. But lets say this is not just posturing by McNair and his agent and he is looking to leave for a SB chance, what do we gain as a franchise. We don't have to cut him right away cuz we can easily get under the cap without doing anything with McNair's contract... we can even keep his contract with the extra 1M bonus denying his huge 50M bonus and be well under the cap. But we can gain a lot by trading him. A first rounder for him this late in his career is really doubtful, but we could get a second rounder for him. This will have to come from a team that is making a serious playoff run this upcoming year in need of a QB... can anyone say Miami, Baltimore and Chicago?

So by trading McNair we can get a 2nd round pick plus an extra 13M on the cap. Volek stays on as the QB with VY the backup, and we have an extra 2nd rounder to find a high quality guy, plus we have an extra 13M to spend on wherever the team sees a guy they want.

I still think we will work something out with him and keep him as a Titan... and I want that to happen. But it's not all bad if he isn't a Titan next year, since the franchise can gain some good things by watching its franchise player go... as heartbreaking as that may be to all of us long time fans.
Dolphins9954

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Well, this is for sure... we won't cut him. But lets say this is not just posturing by McNair and his agent and he is looking to leave for a SB chance, what do we gain as a franchise. We don't have to cut him right away cuz we can easily get under the cap without doing anything with McNair's contract... we can even keep his contract with the extra 1M bonus denying his huge 50M bonus and be well under the cap. But we can gain a lot by trading him. A first rounder for him this late in his career is really doubtful, but we could get a second rounder for him. This will have to come from a team that is making a serious playoff run this upcoming year in need of a QB... can anyone say Miami, Baltimore and Chicago?

So by trading McNair we can get a 2nd round pick plus an extra 13M on the cap. Volek stays on as the QB with VY the backup, and we have an extra 2nd rounder to find a high quality guy, plus we have an extra 13M to spend on wherever the team sees a guy they want.

I still think we will work something out with him and keep him as a Titan... and I want that to happen. But it's not all bad if he isn't a Titan next year, since the franchise can gain some good things by watching its franchise player go... as heartbreaking as that may be to all of us long time fans.

you make it sound so easy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasting money on him is the worst thing possible
luke1705

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longo are you a titans fan or what? have you seen all the things that mcnair has done for this franchise, and will do no matter what QB we pick for him to mentor (which will be young, yes!). he is a great QB and will continue to win games now that the offense understands chows system more and the rookies gain experience. we keep mcnair no matter what and just hope that he wont be selfish so that we can make the team better
titans will return

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPLONGO21

dude you stole my sig.Take it off your profile,its mine Coleman made it for me a few months ago and it has my name on it,why do you have it??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: