You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Mangold...Stud

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K_LO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Nick Mangold...Stud Reply with quote

Have you guys been following Mangold this week in Sr. Bowl practices? I know Hadnot did well for us late in the year, but this kid is a beast. If he falls to Round 3, I'm thinking we gotta take him. I believe he's the best Center in the draft.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Mangold is a Man-Beast. He sounds like a one man wrecking crew. I'd love to see him in Miami, although I am fairly pleased witht he late season effort by Hadnot at C. I love Mangold and put Hadnot back at Guard.

I also have serious man love for Jon Scott. It sounds like he could use some quicker feet, and may have some trouble with the speed rushers, but i lovehis upside and think he would look great in a Dolphins jersey.

I know this may not be popular, but I wouldn't be bummed at all if our first three rounds went something like:

1st- OL
2nd- QB
3rd - OL

Maybe:

1st- Jon Scott, T
2nd- Brodie Croyle, QB
3rd- Nick Mangold, C

Its a bit early, but right now this sounds good to me!!!!
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those droooooooling over Jon Scott, STOP! Very Happy Bad news! Crying or Very sad I saw today and in a few places tha Jon Scott is not only playing his way to a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but a 2nd day pick. It was on ESPN and more than one guy said it. Im just saying, if he is there RD 2.... fine, but bye bye rd.1
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigfuggah wrote:
For all those droooooooling over Jon Scott, STOP! Very Happy Bad news! Crying or Very sad I saw today and in a few places tha Jon Scott is not only playing his way to a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but a 2nd day pick. It was on ESPN and more than one guy said it. Im just saying, if he is there RD 2.... fine, but bye bye rd.1

What? That's crap. He won't fall out of round 1. I disagree completely. I don't care what the experts say.

I like Hadnot though. Mangold is good, but I'd prefer signing a vet RG, and drafting an LT.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Jon Scott 2nd or 3rd round? That is nonsense. I haven't seen the practice yet so I will reserve judgement, but I do hear Winston Justice is impressing a lot of people.
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey... Im just reporting what I hear... He looks like he is playing his way out of Rd.1... how true is it? I guess I can tell u in 3 months and a couple days..
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigfuggah wrote:

Are you joking??? Link to where you heard this?

I read on Scott Wright's site that Jonathan Scott may have been the best OT in Mobile.

I think that Jon Scott is the way to go as far as OT's go and anyone who needs an OT and doesn't select him, will regret it.
FF Member #1000
js

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think dbrick was better tho
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard that Scott had initial trouble with some of the speed rushers, but that he also was looking like one of the better prospects. Who knows. All I know is I watched him maul many a player during the season and simply level his side of the playing field at times. Maybe he doesn't have the feet or lateral speed needed. I don't know, but I'd be thrilled to see him drop like a stone. Then we can snag a stud later in the draft. Khalif Barnes fell to the 2nd round last year, and Elton Brown dropped significantly as well. Who knows maybe Scott is this years dropper. All I know, is I cant wait until the draft to find out!!!
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u hear stuff from Kiper dont believe him. he thought Mike Williams was the best player in the draft over our beloved Ronnie!!! Experts are rite sometimes and wrong more times.

Jon Scott should be our pick. He's that good. But i havent seen the south practices, so i dont know how he's doing./

Dolphins Fan
MoJr24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These reports are probably coming from people watching the players on every snap in practice so we should take there opinions into consideration.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: