You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Projected Lineup (FA & Draft)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUTH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Eagles Projected Lineup (FA & Draft) Reply with quote

QB- McNabb
RB- Westbrook, Moats, Perry (three headed attack, they will be fresh and we might see more running)
FB- Parry
WR- Moulds, Brown, Pinkston
TE- Smith
OT- Thomas, Andrews
OG- Hutchinson, Hicks
C- Fraley

DE- Kearse, Tapp
DT- Patterson Walker
OLB- Greenway, Jones
MLB- Trotter
CB- Sheppard, Brown, Hood
FS- Dawkins
SS- Lewis

K- Akers
P- Johnson

RED=Free Agents
BLUE=Draft

What do you think?
Phreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will draft more than 2 players...

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
Broad Street Bullies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope hicks isnt on the roster next year.
BirdswillReturn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: FA and Draft Reply with quote

I think this would be an absoloutly ideal situation, but with a new coach in buf. i dont think that moulds will be released. I hope they take spend the money on peterson at LB instead of hutch.
TRUTH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
I think we will draft more than 2 players...

2 starters
Sandman38

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're gonna have three running backs who are all basically 5'7"-5'8" at 200lbs carrying the load. Pull Bruce Perry out of there and throw in a bigger back and we're good. Perry injures easily and won't last the season. Everyone's in love with this guy all of sudden after a few decent carries at the end of the season.
I like the Hutchinson pick-up but Andrew has to get his weight under control before he plays OT.
Also need to throw a TE in the mix, LJ Smith needs to be challenged.
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of startesr/near-starters, the list isn't bad (If I counted right you had 28 which would leave plenty for rotation-esp at DLine).

The one change I would probably say is that GLewis will probably be the third WR. Even if Pinky is ready to go (I'm not sure he will be), they love his speed and have already invested in him longterm -- he's made for that role, not the #2 he was forced into this year. If Pinky proves he's ready to play full speed they probably try to ship him off for a 4th rounder or a youngster at LB/DLine.
lnelms2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB- McNabb
RB- Westbrook, Moats, Tapeh (three headed attack, they will be fresh and we might see more running)
FB- Tapeh
WR- Lloyd, Brown, Stovall
TE- Smith
OT- Thomas, Herremans
OG- Andrews, Hicks
C- Fraley

Tapeh can pick up the short yardage if we need him to, plus he has great speed for a player his size.
We sign Lloyd, he has proven hands and speed. We don't need a T.O. type reciever in our WCO. Lloyd and Brown can work the medium routes, and they can both make plays after the catch. Add a 2nd round selection like Stovall who has the speed to get deep, but doesn't shy away from contact like Pinkston. And he's 6'5!!!
We resign Runyan to a 2-yr deal, and let him push Herremans to progress.

DE- Kearse, Cole
DT- Patterson, Walker
OLB- Greenway, Peterson
MLB- Trotter
FS- Dawkins
SS- Lewis

Draft Greenway. Sign Peterson, he's an awesome and talent OLB. His athleticism will help him in his first year of JJ's D. They both have speed, and awareness. And they are definite upgrades.
Kamerion Wimberly, and Manny Lawson have both impressed in the Senior Bowl practices this week. And might still be available at our 3rd pick. Both have speed off of the edge, and decent size. They could challenge Cole who was impressive in the last couple games.

I think Dhani Jones can be a great WILL LB, so if we get Peterson as a FA. We should probably use the 1st pick, and Brodrick Bunkley, or another DT, like Watson, or Mahelona.

RED=Free Agents
BLUE=Draft
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stovall wont pick up system quick enough but not a bad pick for 2-3 yrs from now. Besides if its just speed why would we replace both Pinky and GLewis who can both stretch the field (but don't do great going across it).

Why would Tapeh be both the starting FB and RB? Although I agree with the thought that BPerry is probably more a Special Teams star than a RB.

No way Runyan signs anywhere that he's not gaurenteed to start.
riqmoney

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QB- McNabb
RB- Westbrook, Moats,davenport (three headed attack, they will be fresh and we might see more running)
FB-taph
TE- Smith
OT- Thomas, Andrews
OG- Hutchinson, Hicks
C- Fraley

DE- Kearse,Mario Williams,DT- Patterson Walker
OLB- peterson, Jones
MLB- Trotter
FS- Dawkins
SS- Lewis

K- Akers
P- Johnson

RED=Free Agents
BLUE=Draft

What do you think?
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
QB- McNabb
RB- Westbrook, Moats,davenport (three headed attack, they will be fresh and we might see more running)
FB-taph
TE- Smith
OT- Thomas, Andrews
OG- Hutchinson, Hicks
C- Fraley

DE- Kearse,Mario Williams,DT- Patterson Walker
OLB- peterson, Jones
MLB- Trotter
FS- Dawkins
SS- Lewis

K- Akers
P- Johnson

WOW. that would 1 hell of a team, but I just dont think we will make that many moves in free agency. the one thing I want to happen that I havent seen often is for us to draft a punter in the 6th or 7th round. I dont know much about Tapeh, can someone tell me about him. Other than that it is a great offseason/draft.
Sandman38

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingmatt.....Thomas Tapeh was a 5th rd draft choice in 2004. He was listed as a FB but can play RB and I believe he was drafted to fill that big back need that the eagles had at the time. At 6'1" 240lbs. he runs hard between the tackles but also showed speed and quickness when bouncing to the outside. He suffered a dislocated hip injury in 04 which is a serious injury and Im not sure what his status is presently.
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
kingmatt.....Thomas Tapeh was a 5th rd draft choice in 2004. He was listed as a FB but can play RB and I believe he was drafted to fill that big back need that the eagles had at the time. At 6'1" 240lbs. he runs hard between the tackles but also showed speed and quickness when bouncing to the outside. He suffered a dislocated hip injury in 04 which is a serious injury and Im not sure what his status is presently.

Thanks sandman!!!
lnelms2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyTransplant wrote:
Stovall wont pick up system quick enough but not a bad pick for 2-3 yrs from now. Besides if its just speed why would we replace both Pinky and GLewis who can both stretch the field (but don't do great going across it).

Why would Tapeh be both the starting FB and RB? Although I agree with the thought that BPerry is probably more a Special Teams star than a RB.

No way Runyan signs anywhere that he's not gaurenteed to start.

Tapeh would start fullback, but Westbrook would start RB and get the majority of the carries. Say, 25-30 running plays a game. B.West would get 15, Moats and Tapeh 5-10 apiece. Tapeh would be featured mostly in goaline situations. He's 6'1 243lbs. and has played RB and FB for us before he dislocated his hip in 2004. Sat out this entire year on the PUP list, but should be back in time for Minicamp.
Sandman38

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tapeh would be a nice upgrade over Parry at fullback. He's faster, runs harder, and catches the ball quite well out of the backfield.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: