You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Your Eagles Mock Drafts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Post Your Eagles Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Alright, let's try to keep all our Eagle mock drafts in this thread. I tried to make one because this forum has been dull lately. Keep in mind it is very early and free agency hasn't happened so we can't adjust our draft needs just yet. Well, here it is...

14th overall pick - DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

Best player available. It will take a miracle for AJ Hawk, Mario Williams or Haloti Ngata to fall to us at 14, so I decided to go with DeMeco Ryans who is 4th on my board as for who I want the Eagles to draft. Now most would have us selecting Chad Greenway or Mathias Kiwanuka, but as stated many times before, we need help NOW. DeMeco Ryans is the most NFL-ready player of the three, and would be able to start right away. He is a very smart football player and has top intangibles that you look for in a pro linebacker. He isn't extremely fast (4.72 forty time), he's not a great athlete, and he's probally not the best fit for the Eagles defense, but he is an outstanding football player and is going to be great wherever he goes. He would break the streak of Eagle linebacker busts. I would really like the Eagles to draft him with the 14th pick.

45th overall pick - Gabe Watson, DT Michigan

Now some of you are probally thinking "Watson wouldn't fit our defense, he's a 3-4 nose tackle". Not true. Watson would be a great fit for our defense. He is huge at 6'4 331 lbs, and has pretty good quickness for a man of his size. We need a big body to stuff to run, and Watson is all that and more. Now we need our DT's to penetrate the pocket, flush the QB and let our fast DE/LB's make plays, and that is exactly what Watson does, he penetrates and collapses the pocket. He would take up double teams which would open up oppurtunities for everyone else, like Kearse. Gabe Watson and Mike Patterson could be an amazing duo for years to come.

76th overall pick - Darryl Tapp, DE Virginia Tech

If Tapp were to fall this far, this would be an absolute steal. It is possible for Tapp to fall into the 3rd round because he is not a gifted athlete like most others, and I don't expect him to have a great combine. Darryl Tapp is one of my favourite players in this draft, he plays with so much heart, has a motor that never stops and is a firery leader. He's small for a DE (6'1, 265) but he plays alot bigger and faster than what that would make you believe. He specializes in the pass rush, which is exactly what we need from a DE, but he isn't very strong nor that good against the run. He is a far more polished DE than Trent Cole and would be a big addition over him. Darryl Tapp is another guy I want to see in Eagle green next year.

107th overall pick - Adam Stenavich, OT Michigan

I don't really need an explanation for this, OT is a pretty big need. It is likely the Eagles will go O-line on first day, since we do almost every year, but the players I have above are players that I don't think we can pass up on. Adam Stenavich is a guy I don't know alot about, but he would be a good 4th round pick from what I've heard. I doubt he'd be the heir to Tra Thomas, but this pick would still add depth and talent to our offensive line.

115th overall pick - Mike Bell, RB Arizona

You want power? Here it is. Mike Bell is a physical, north/south runner, one who would work well in our offense. He is not an outstanding athlete, and really dosen't have any moves, but he's one of those guys who just has a feel for the position. Everything he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for with intangibles. He has great vision, is patient, and is a good receiver out of the back field. He is more quick than fast and not a guy who will out-run anyone. But he does run with alot of power. He's a sleeper and could turn out a steal if we were to draft him at this spot.

126th overall pick - Michael Robinson, Athlete Penn State

This is where the bias in me comes out. All though this isn't neccessarily a bad pick, we could go the safe route and take a WR who's been playing that position his whole career. But Michael Robinson is an outstanding athlete, and my personal favourite player in this draft. It would be a dream come true if the Eagles were to draft him. Robinson has displayed in the past that he does have amazing hands, and is a good route runner. He is a tough, powerful runner who isn't afraid to tuck his head and pick up yardage. He could play slot WR and even some RB for us, he could be our utility man. Eagle scouts have been talking to him at the Senior Bowl this week, so this pick is a possibilty. Like I said, this would be a dream come true.

142nd overall pick - Anthony Mix, TE Auburn

This may not be the best pick because Mix isn't a true TE, but he is an outstanding athlete and has amazing size (6'5 253 lbs). He really knows how to use his size to his advantage and would make a good redzone target. We use alot of two TE sets where the second TE is more so a reciever than a blocker, and that's where Mix fits in. He's basically a WR trapped in a TE's body, and he isn't a good blocker, but picking him up would add size back to our offense.

203rd overall pick - Will Allen, OG Texas

This is our 7th round selection and I only have us taking 1 O-lineman, which is very un-Andy Reid like. So here's an offensive guard to add depth. Allen isn't a very good athlete, and he isn't very strong, but he's got good intangibles and would be a good pickup in the 7th round. I don't know where he would fit into our team as far as playing time goes, but he's a good kid who deserves a chance.

======================================================

Alright, there's mine. What do you think?

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off good post Phreak. Way to try and breathe some life into this forum. Ok here is my analysis:

#14 Demarco Ryans- Not a bad pick, although I think if Greenway is there I think they will go with him. I think the coaching staff loved Considine and he was one of the most talked about rookie last year before the injury. The reason I say that is coaches like to draft players from programs that they have already been success with. Demarco Ryans and Greenway being very even as far as pros and cons, I think that last fact will make them take Greenway--I hope you understand my reasoning. One pick i wouldn't mind them getting is Veron Davis and moving him to the slot. I have proposed this idea a few times and would love a response on it. Davis is just 15 lbs. more than TO, might be faster than TO (runs a 4.4), and would be a big target in the middle for McNabb (of course is not better at gaining yac than TO). As stated before I would love a comment on this.

#45- Gabe Watson- Unfortunately I don't think he will slide this far since most reports I have read on him at the senior bowl is he has been impressive. I think he will get drafted late in the first. I think Stovall might the pick here, he's apparently playing real well at the senior bowl. Maybe not a speedster, but has great hands--something the Eagles could use desperately minus Brown.

#76- Darryl Tapp- Watching college football there was 3 players that always seemed around the ball and make a big play a game: AJ Hawk (def. deserves to be top 5), Ernie Sims, and Darryl Tapp. I love Tapp too. I hope he drops for the same reason you said. I love the fact that Tapp had the lunchpail for a majority of his junior and senior year (for you who don't know the lunchpail was given to the VT player that played the hardest on D). Oh yea, great pick.

I like the rest of the picks, but maybe a good qb wouldn't be a bad pick (I assuming Robinson would be a wideout). I also think Will Allen will be gone by the 7th. I'm not sure if you gave the Eagles the 3 4th round picks they have. A little of the topic I really liked your comparison of Considine to Ike Reese (i really miss him on comcast).
Phreak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandylandBills wrote:
#14 Demarco Ryans- Not a bad pick, although I think if Greenway is there I think they will go with him. I think the coaching staff loved Considine and he was one of the most talked about rookie last year before the injury. The reason I say that is coaches like to draft players from programs that they have already been success with. Demarco Ryans and Greenway being very even as far as pros and cons, I think that last fact will make them take Greenway--I hope you understand my reasoning. One pick i wouldn't mind them getting is Veron Davis and moving him to the slot. I have proposed this idea a few times and would love a response on it. Davis is just 15 lbs. more than TO, might be faster than TO (runs a 4.4), and would be a big target in the middle for McNabb (of course is not better at gaining yac than TO). As stated before I would love a comment on this.

I understand your reasoning completely of taking Greenway over Ryans, and when deciding who I would give the Eagles, I went with Ryans because I like him more as a football player. After the 2005 NFL draft, Iowa lost alot of their defensive personal, and this was when Greenway had to step it up and show that he can be a leader and great defensive player. Greenway didn't live up to his expectations which lead to down year for Iowa, and his draft stock to drop. On the flip side, DeMeco Ryans stepped it up as a senior and became the leader of one of the best defenses in the country. Greenway is a better athlete than Ryans, but I just think that Ryans would be a better fit for the Eagles, I really love his style and the way he plays the game.

As for Vernon Davis, I don't really know what to think of that. I have been preaching the past couple months that there is no way the Eagles take a WR in the first round because this is a bad WR class, but Vernon Davis is a special player, one who will turn out to be great in the NFL. It would be interesting to see how the Eagles would use him in the offense because he is such a great athlete. I wouldn't be angry with the pick at all, but I just think we have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball that we should address with the 14th overall pick, rather than draft a reciever who would most likely struggle his first year in the offense.

CandylandBills wrote:
#45- Gabe Watson- Unfortunately I don't think he will slide this far since most reports I have read on him at the senior bowl is he has been impressive. I think he will get drafted late in the first. I think Stovall might the pick here, he's apparently playing real well at the senior bowl. Maybe not a speedster, but has great hands--something the Eagles could use desperately minus Brown.

I agree, there is a very good chance Gabe Watson won't fall to us in the second round. From what I've heard, he's been very impressive at the Senior Bowl, and I heard that he surprised everybody at the weigh-in when he took his shirt off and showed how jacked his is. He may look fat, but the kid is solid muscle.

As for Stovall, I think the 45th pick is way to high to be taking him. I like the idea of drafting size at the WR position though. In the 5th round of my mock draft, I gave us a player named Anthony Mix. Mix was a starting WR at Auburn, which is crazy when you look at his size (6'5 252). Mix will most likely translate into TE with that massive body, but he can also play slot for us (kind of like your Vernon Davis pick). Mix runs a 4.55, which is the same as Stovall. They are identical players, only difference is we can get Mix later in the draft, whereas Stovall would require a high pick, like our 3rd rounder.

CandylandBills wrote:
#76- Darryl Tapp- Watching college football there was 3 players that always seemed around the ball and make a big play a game: AJ Hawk (def. deserves to be top 5), Ernie Sims, and Darryl Tapp. I love Tapp too. I hope he drops for the same reason you said. I love the fact that Tapp had the lunchpail for a majority of his junior and senior year (for you who don't know the lunchpail was given to the VT player that played the hardest on D). Oh yea, great pick.

I'm just curious, what would you think of us taking Watson with the 14th overall pick, then Sims with our 2nd rounder and Tapp with our 3rd? I too am a big Ernie Sims fan and would love to have him on the team. Watson at 14 seems very high right now, but his stock is shooting up as we speak so it might not be so unrealistic when draft day rolls around.

CandylandBills wrote:
I like the rest of the picks, but maybe a good qb wouldn't be a bad pick (I assuming Robinson would be a wideout). I also think Will Allen will be gone by the 7th. I'm not sure if you gave the Eagles the 3 4th round picks they have. A little of the topic I really liked your comparison of Considine to Ike Reese (i really miss him on comcast).

I was considering giving the Eagles Brett Basanez from Northwestern with the 5th round pick, but in all honesty, I forgot and gave the Eagles mix. We are going to get about 4 compensatory picks, so we can take Basanez with one of them. He reminds me alot of Donovan McNabb.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
mr_pappagorgio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Draft day Reply with quote

Not sure about Reyans with the 14th. Senior Bowl reports have him coming in small (only 229) and not as dominant as expected. I think the Eagles have had there fair share of undersized OLBs and go with OLBs that have more size yet are still athletic. Since there is good depth at OLB this year I think they wait on that position and/or address it that need via FA. Look for someone in the Thomas Howard, Bobby Carpenter and Roger McIntosh group to be the addition at LB. Since I don't think Carpenter is a 1st round talent I do doubt he will be around for the Birds second round pick. I look for McIntosh to be the guy in the 3rd.

First round will be between Gabe Watson, Broderick Bunkley (if his physicals show his knees to be sound), Tamba Hali (if he follows up a great senior bowl week with a above average combine), Winston Justice or Marcus McNeil.

I'd prefer Watson since he could be the force at DT the birds need but 14 is just too high for him. Hopefully Cutler is still available when the Birds pick and they can trade down and pick up an additional pick. I would love to see them address OT in the second with Daryn Colledge (don't think he'll fall that low) or Max Jean-Gilles at OG (move Andrews to RT). There are about 5 real good guard prospects that would fill a need for the Eagles as the middle of the line needs an upgrade as much as the OTs. Both USC guards would be great additions. Taitusi Lutui is a mammoth that would make life in the middle quite a chore for opposing DTs.

Eagles will address QB with a pick but it will be later and focus on the second day batch of QBs. Look for Charlie Whiteherst, Reggie McNeal and Drew Olson to be an Eagle addition. While Bazanez was good at college he is very similar to McMahan in that they are both good athletes with good arms but are very innacurate and streaky.

Eagles will also address TE but I don't think they feel they need to
dynamic player at the spot since LJ is a pretty good offensive weapon. I think if they could get another very good TE and use LJ more as a spot weapon then the every down TE he would be huge. I see them signing a FA like Justin Peele but could also see them going after guys like Anthony Fassano, Dominic Byrd or Tim Day to be the guy.

With all the fours the Eagles will have they need to add Victor Adeyanju. He is a great athlete, is fast and has prototypical size for an everyday DE. He hasn't played football long but since he would be surrounded by a good D he could contribute immediatley as a rotational end in 2 years be the dominant force along the lines of the guy the Giants have.

So basically here's my framework for a mock.

1st - Gabe Watson - DT Michigan
2nd - Taitusi Lutui - OG USC
3rd - Roger McIntosh - OLB Miami (FL)
4th - Pat Watkins - S Florida State
4th - Victor Adeyanju - DE Indiana
4th - Charlie Whitehurst - QB Illinois
5th - Skyler Green - WR LSU
6th - Zach Strief - OT Northwestern
7th - Anthony Mix - TE Auburn
lnelms2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done a full 7 round mock but here are the top 3 I would like to see in Philly.

14th: Chad Greenway, he's faster than Ryans, and taller than him as well. I think that his speed and overall athleticism would be a better fit for Philly.

45th: Maurice Stovall, whose stock has been rising at the Senior Bowl because of the way he's manhandled the corners. 6'5, 220lbs, and a 4.45 forty time. If he falls this far I think he's a must.

76th: Manny Lawson, Kamerion Wimbley, or Darryl Tapp. In that order. If these guys are left on the board, we have to nab one of them. Tapp being the smallest of the bunch is why I have him last. But all are great DE prospects.

Then use the rest of the picks to add depth to DL, OL, TE, QB.
Steegles46

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lnelms2 wrote:
14th: Chad Greenway, he's faster than Ryans, and taller than him as well. I think that his speed and overall athleticism would be a better fit for Philly.

45th: Maurice Stovall, whose stock has been rising at the Senior Bowl because of the way he's manhandled the corners. 6'5, 220lbs, and a 4.45 forty time. If he falls this far I think he's a must.

I absolutely positively agree with these two, and I will do a dance if these two are taken by our Birds. I want Greenway, I think he's the best upgrade we could make. The only other person I'd want here would be Haloti Ngata (DT - Oregon), but I doubt he'll fall this far. As for second pick, I'd also like Sinorice Moss if Stovall isn't there, he's also looked impressive at the combine.

Third pick, assuming we've got the OLB and the WR, I'd like to see Kyle Williams (DT - LSU). I'm imagining both him and Patterson wreaking havoc; both are players that play hard from the snap to the whistle. I think they'd make a good pair.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

14th overall-DeMeco Ryans-OLB-Alabama
Intellegent player who could pick up the Defense quicker than most players and could start this season at SAM and allow Matt McCoy to start next season at the WILL.

45th Overall-Daryn Colledge-OT-Boisie State
An Exceptional Pass and Run blocker. Woud have been a gaurenteed 1st rounder, or even top 10 pick if he played against top flight talent in college.

76th Overall-Daryl Tapp-DE-Virginia Tech
A guy who played on a great Defense, can rush the passer, has pretty good speed. Also saw him go at it with D'Brickashaw Fergeson and held his own He did much better than Kiwanuka against D'Brick.

107th Overall-Mike Bell-RB-Arizona
Big,Power Back to complement the small shifty guys we have.

115th Overall- Ryan Cook-C-New Mexico
Could be our Center for the Future. A mamoth who can block in the rungame, and won't Get bowled over. Has great footwork.

126th Overall-Michael Robinson-ATH-Penn State
Kordell Stewart,Antoine Randall El,Matt Jones, Guys you hear of playing at a variety of positions after playing QB in college. I think Robinson would be a guy to watch on the feild, because a trick play a la the fake screen passback used by Piitsburg in the AFC Wildcard Game

142nd Overall- Josh Betts-QB-Miami(OH)
Put up Good #'s this yea, but overshadowed b/c of what Big Ben had done 2 years before.Good arm strength and accurate.

203rd Overall-John Glass-OG-Rutgers
A player to add Depth to the O-line
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak
Quote:
I'm just curious, what would you think of us taking Watson with the 14th overall pick, then Sims with our 2nd rounder and Tapp with our 3rd? I too am a big Ernie Sims fan and would love to have him on the team. Watson at 14 seems very high right now, but his stock is shooting up as we speak so it might not be so unrealistic when draft day rolls around.

I wouldn't mind that at all if we could get in the 20 or so range. Although I did here that Watson was in Carr's doghouse throughout the year and Reid makes a lot picks on character. I'd also wouldn't mind getting Ngata, but I just don't see that happening. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles drafting V. Davis first round and Ernie Sims second round and Tapp in the third. Then get a big DT that plays well against the run in the fourth. We next can look for an OT with our 2nd 4th rounder, this draft has a bunch of them and some should def fall in the draft and maybe a good FB with the last 4th round pick, I would love to see them get Garret Mills from Tulsa (a converted TE to FB)--I feel the Eagles could use a FB with decent hands that neither Parry nor Ritchie have.
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DeMeco Ryans - OLB - Alabama
2. Andrew Whitworth - OT - LSU
3. Ray Edwards - DE - Purdue
4. Mike Bell - RB - Arizona
4. Derek Hagan - WR - Arizona St.
4. Babatunde Oshinowo - DT - Stanford
5. Jeff Kopfenstein - TE - Colorado
6. Devin Hester - CB/KR/PR - Miami
7. Ryan Plackemeier - P - Wake Forest
goose85

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st.

Lendale White- Adding the BPA availible here, that can help transform the offense from the start. Weve tried to have a complement to Westbrook with Buckhelter and Gordon and have showed money to them that has gone to waste. White will give them a pounder to help run the clock correctly and help keep the defense off the field. Brian Westbrook and Moats then are free to become Reggie Bush.

2nd

Ernie Sims OLB Florida St
The most underrated OLB in the draft. Sims has the talent to become a probowler in the NFL. He is an immediate help to the weak OLB core.

3rd

Davin Joseph OL Oklahoma
Either Andrews is moving to RT or Artis Hicks days are numbered.

4th
Ray Edwards DE Purdue
Ideal Size. He slides because of attitude and rawness. He is a junior out of College with good size and speed that need to be brought together to become a dominate pass rusher.

5th Anthony Mix Wr/TE/H-B Auburn
Mix is very big for a wr, but he can catch it like one. Has blocking issues at TE, but could learn. He could become a weapon in the Westcoast offense.

6th Garret Mills FB Tulsa.
Mills could fit the offensive scheme perfectly as he has proved he can catch the ball as a TE. He is a project that could pay big dividends.

7th Barrick Nealy QB Texas State
Could develop into something behind Mcnabb. Worth as a back up soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to redo mine after the seinor bowl

14th-Tamba Hali-DE-Penn State
Had 1 hell of a seinor bowl and now is the 2nd DE on the board ahead of Kiwanuka and only behind Mario Williams. May be small, but can rush the passer, play the run, has strength, gamespeed and great moves.

45th Overall-Daryn Colledge-OT-Boisie State
An Exceptional Pass and Run blocker. Woud have been a gaurenteed 1st rounder, or even top 10 pick if he played against top flight talent in college.

76th Overall-Roger McIntosh-LB-Miami(FLA)
This guy has seemed to fly under the radar, because he plays on a defense with lots of great players. He is fast and can tackle well. He could be a stud in our Defense.

107th Overall-Mike Bell-RB-Arizona
Big,Power Back to complement the small shifty guys we have.

115th Overall- Ryan Cook-C-New Mexico
Could be our Center for the Future. A mamoth who can block in the rungame, and won't Get bowled over. Has great footwork.

126th Overall-Michael Robinson-ATH-Penn State
Kordell Stewart,Antoine Randall El,Matt Jones, Guys you hear of playing at a variety of positions after playing QB in college. I think Robinson would be a guy to watch on the feild, because a trick play a la the fake Direct Snap passback used by Piitsburg in the AFC Wildcard Game

142nd Overall- Josh Betts-QB-Miami(OH)
Put up Good #'s this yea, but overshadowed b/c of what Big Ben had done 2 years before.Good arm strength and accurate.

203rd Overall-John Glass-OG-Rutgers
A player to add Depth to the O-line
aafroe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seeing alot of Mike Bell on here, but he didn't impress me alot at either Arizona or at the Senior Bowl. He is in the mold of a player we would like to have, but I don't feel like he is that player. Just one man's opinion.
BirdsWillFly123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the eagles need a linebacker big time right now. I wouldn't be okay with them only adressing it with a second round undersized linebacker like Sims unless they made some moves at linebacker through freeagency (maybe adoleye or Peterson even though peterson would be a huge risk due to his injury problems), so i think they have to go with Greenway or maybe Ryans in the first. Ryans is small and not particularly fast. He also didn't show me anything in the senior bowl except for the fact that he isn't as fast a dominique byrd, so they should go with greenway, but if hes gone i would still be happy with Ryans. With that said, i would love to see linebacker in the first and DT is the second. I guess that OT wouldn't be a bad pick in the second but you probably could get a decent one in teh third or fourth. Receiver should only be adressed in Free agency or day two picks. Anything else would be a waste of a pretty high pick. As of now there needs in this draft go OLB, DT, OT/OG (assuming that you could move either hicks or andrews to Right tackle, still don't forget Herremans)
mr_pappagorgio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Sticking with Watson Reply with quote

In my previous post I listed Gabe Watson as the best pick for the Eagles in the first but thought they could trade down and get him. After the Senior Bowl I think they should stay at #14 and take him there. Watson was a beast at the Senior Bowl, drawing a double team on almost every play and collapsing the pocket anyway. He is big and agile and would be the perfect compliment to Paterson. Having two top flight interior d-lineman makes the overall D that much better. Look at the Jags. They have probably the most dominant interior d-lin (when taken in tandem) in the NFL and the Jags have a great D despite not having any real standouts at any other position. They have some quality defenders but no hands down pro-bowlers outside the tackles but for a few years now they have been a top 10 defense. The Eagles could be right back to a dominant D pretty fast adding the run plug Watson up the middle. I can't see Greenway, Ryans or any OT that will be vailable at #14 or after having the same impact Watson could have so he has to be the #1 and as much as I'd love to see PSU's Hali be an Eagle I don't think he warrants the #14 pick.
Phreak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Sticking with Watson Reply with quote

mr_pappagorgio wrote:
In my previous post I listed Gabe Watson as the best pick for the Eagles in the first but thought they could trade down and get him. After the Senior Bowl I think they should stay at #14 and take him there. Watson was a beast at the Senior Bowl, drawing a double team on almost every play and collapsing the pocket anyway. He is big and agile and would be the perfect compliment to Paterson. Having two top flight interior d-lineman makes the overall D that much better. Look at the Jags. They have probably the most dominant interior d-lin (when taken in tandem) in the NFL and the Jags have a great D despite not having any real standouts at any other position. They have some quality defenders but no hands down pro-bowlers outside the tackles but for a few years now they have been a top 10 defense. The Eagles could be right back to a dominant D pretty fast adding the run plug Watson up the middle. I can't see Greenway, Ryans or any OT that will be vailable at #14 or after having the same impact Watson could have so he has to be the #1 and as much as I'd love to see PSU's Hali be an Eagle I don't think he warrants the #14 pick.

I agree 100%. The more I look at it now, Gabe Watson really should be the guy the Eagles look at above anyone else. What you said about great defenses having 2 stud DT's is very true, I've been preaching it for years now. Watson and Patterson would be a great young duo. I am still not sure if picking Watson at 14 is the best thing we can do though. We could trade down to about the 20th spot, take Watson there and have an extra pick. Watson's stock has really taken a huge rise, and if has good workouts and a good combine, then taking him at 14 won't be a reach at all. We'll see in the coming months how he does.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: