Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Remember the Titans
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who goes to 2-0?
Steelers
63%
 63%  [ 24 ]
Titans
36%
 36%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 38

Pipes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Week 2 GDT: Remember the Titans Reply with quote

Week 2: Steelers vs. Titans

One down and fifteen to go (until the playoffs). This week we will see the next edition of a growing rivalry with the Titans.

vs.

Last Meeting:
Steelers beat Titans in Kickoff Game '09
The good: Mike Wallace made his first flash, with a huge catch in OT to set up the GW FG by Reed. Troy made one of the more incredible INT's I've seen
The bad: Fat Alge broke Troy's knee.
The good again: Steelers beat towel stompers on national TV. Pipes attends game and sits within 100 feet of Snoop Dogg, Fergie, and pro golfer Jim Furyk. Snoop and Fergie lead Steelers cheers. Furyk sits quietly.

Key Questions for you to Consider:
1. Can Dennis Dixon move the ball on the road against the Titans D?
2. Can Tony Hills (or Jon Scott) hold his own at LT?
3. How will the Steelers D try to contain CJ?
4. Will they be able to?
5. How many times will Troy P. make you say "Wow"?

I won't offer a prediction on this game quite yet. I thought Dixon played OK last week, but made too many bad throws for me to be confident in him yet. Playing the Titans on the road is different than the Falcons at home. The best chance at victory is through a formula similar to last week - limit the mistakes on offense and let the D make plays. One thing I know, the turnover battle will be KEY.

Discuss.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flank CJ to the outside. MAKE him run up the middle. I know it must be easier said than done cause no team does it. He seems to always outrun defenders to the corner. Stretch him to the sideline and force him up the middle. If they can do that, his streak of 12 straight 100 yard games will be snapped.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad omen:

Nate caught a long bomb last week when it hit him in the hands. Unlike the usual results.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....

Last edited by stillersenat on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to come in here and wish you guys good luck on Sunday but that simply isn't going to happen. Laughing

Best I can do is hope that both teams stay healthy. I didn't get a chance to watch the game this week but I can only hope that the offensive line struggled to protect Dixon, as our defensive line rotation has looked great throughout camp and against the Raiders. Obviously with Ben out this game will almost certainly be low scoring, but considering we are at home, I'm going with a 17-7 win.
bozz723

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dixon will have a hard game but the Steelers defense will do the heavy lifting next week.
coleman397

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be an extreme pessimist, but it's really difficult to find a way the Steelers come out 2-0. Tennessee is a very good football team and they are well-rounded. I don't see them dropping 3 potential interceptions.

Dixon will actually have to bring it for us to be successful or our defense will have to be out of this world insanely good for us to win.

I just can't see it going any other way.
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Flank CJ to the outside. MAKE him run up the middle. I know it must be easier said than done cause no team does it. He seems to always outrun defenders to the corner. Stretch him to the sideline and force him up the middle. If they can do that, his streak of 12 straight 100 yard games will be snapped.
You bring down the saftys and protect the edge.
I do think are corners can play with there wides,
and on passing down you put Troy to watch CJ.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Bad omen:

Nate Nate caught a long bomb last week when it hit him in the hands. Unlike the usual results.

That just means to me that we let him run free all game. He couldn't do it in two games in a row. Laughing

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers: 23
Titans: 16
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Bad omen:

Nate Nate caught a long bomb last week when it hit him in the hands. Unlike the usual results.

Nah he didn't catch it, they just stuck super glue on his gloves Laughing
greene91fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn l brown wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

We have two stud OLBs who did a pretty damn good job last year of setting the edge and keeping CJ containted, if that trend continues, we won't need our safeties to come down. I'd wait and see how #92 and #56 handle the run game first before weakening our deep protection in the secondary.

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Week 2 GDT: Remember the Titans Reply with quote

Pipes wrote:
The good again: Steelers beat towel stompers on national TV. Pipes attends game and sits within 100 feet of Snoop Dogg, Fergie, and pro golfer Jim Furyk. Snoop and Fergie lead Steelers cheers.

I love Fergie even more now!!! Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
greene91fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I was going to come in here and wish you guys good luck on Sunday but that simply isn't going to happen. Laughing

Best I can do is hope that both teams stay healthy. I didn't get a chance to watch the game this week but I can only hope that the offensive line struggled to protect Dixon, as our defensive line rotation has looked great throughout camp and against the Raiders. Obviously with Ben out this game will almost certainly be low scoring, but considering we are at home, I'm going with a 17-7 win.

I hope Jeff Fisher pops a hernia calling a timeout! Laughing

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be some tough sledding. The Titans are brutal and well coached. Without Casey Hampton, I don't know if we can shut down the run like usual. I think we will need Dixon to take some calculated risky shots down the field. It will take a great gameplan and tremendous execution. I hope we can keep this close, get a late kick or something, convert a fake punt. I hope Mendenhall brings it, because you know the Titans D will be concentrating on him and his spins. A victory in Tennessee would be awesome and unexpected.
I'll say we go down 23-13.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greene91fan wrote:
shawn l brown wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

We have two stud OLBs who did a pretty damn good job last year of setting the edge and keeping CJ containted, if that trend continues, we won't need our safeties to come down. I'd wait and see how #92 and #56 handle the run game first before weakening our deep protection in the secondary.

It's reported that LT will be shadowing CJ on passing plays. I assmue most of CJ's catches are in the flat and in the short middle. LT has the speed to keep up w/him on those routes but boy does he take some bad angles. I hope he can hang with him.
Quote:
(RotoWire) Timmons will shadow Chris Johnson on passing plays in Week 2, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: