Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldo's Preliminary Draftboard: WR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I'd take
Bald Jonny
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Little
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Pettis
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Binns
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Szczur (sea-zerr)
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Shorts III
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
a WR early (Green, Jones, Floyd)
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Aldo_the_Apache

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Aldo's Preliminary Draftboard: WR Reply with quote

RB | WR | TE | Swing T | IOL | 5 Tech | 0 Tech | Rush LB | Mack | Buck | Corner | Safety

WR
Our WR core is packed right now, but we lack a big guy (to fill the role Limas was supposed to fill). It sucks, but someday Hines'll hang 'em up, and we'll need another guy to go with Sanders and Wallace.

1. Jon Baldwin, PITT
- Easy choice here. "Bald Jonny" (as I like to call him), is a gamebreaker you're all familiar with, and if you're not, you will be.

2. Greg Little, UNC
- A close second because of his physical presence on the field. Little is a misnomer (6'3, 210) and his play doesn't match his name either. He's a good run blocker and, like Manny Sanders, is eager to finish blocks. Little is at his best going over the middle, but also posses a great ability to high-point on jump balls and adjusts really well to the deep ball.

3. Austin Pettis, Boise
- Pettis a long strider that can stretch the field as a deep threat. He's also a jack of all trades for his current team. He is adept on ST (see: Boise v. VT punt block).

4. Armon Binns, Cincinnati
- 6'3, 210 with a good set of mitts and better than average body control. IMO, he's a fringe 4th round guy, but could carve out a nice niche for himself in the right NFL playbook.

5. Matt Szczur, Villanova
- This dude is an athlete. He's a .360 hitter in baseball (which got him drafted by the Cubs last June), runs real fast (4.4 estimated 40), and piled up more than 2200 all-purpose yards for Nova's championship team last year. Szczur (pronounced "Caesar", apparently) could be a really valuable weapon in our system. He could potentially fill several important roles, including but not limited to PR, KR, 3rd Down RB, ST Gunner and Slot receiver. Hell, maybe he can play RG too.

6. Cecil Shorts III, Mt. Union
- A small school legend, Shorts has had a remarkable impact for his team, totaling 100 catches for 1700 yards and 19 scores in 2009. He's listed at 6'2, 195, but some scouts have him @ 6' 190, which makes a huge difference. If he is close to the former, he shouldn't have too much trouble making the transition. Oh yeah, he's a track star with a cool name, too.

Close, but no cigarette
  • Lester Jean, FAU (6'3, 200, 4.5 estimated 40) - 9 rec. 164 yds. last week
  • Leonard Hankerson, MIAMI (6'3, 215, 4.52 estimated 40) - 6 rec. 115 yds. 2 TDs last week
  • Derrick Moye, LB U; Chris Owusu, STAN; & DeAndre Brown, So Miss - Too early to say if they'll declare
  • Michael Floyd, ND; Julio Jones, ALA; & A.J. Green, UGA - All ranked way too high at the moment
  • Terrence Tolliver, LSU (6'4, 210, 4.49 est. 40) - Jack S*** last week

RB | WR | TE | Swing T | IOL | 5 Tech | 0 Tech | Rush LB | Mack | Buck | Corner | Safety

Last edited by Aldo_the_Apache on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
SteelTom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if one of the big three fell and we were picking somewhere like 15, it would be VERY hard to pass up on.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prfer someone like Dwayne Harris and DeAndre Brown. Didn't get a chance to watch Brown against USC. How did he look? We all know what happened to him last year. He reminds me of Plexico Burress.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
I prfer someone like Dwayne Harris and DeAndre Brown. Didn't get a chance to watch Brown against USC. How did he look? We all know what happened to him last year. He reminds me of Plexico Burress.

Agreed on Dwayne Harris...hell of a playmaker...could make a serious case for Heisman.

...you have a forum resume?
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Szczur in the mid rounds, he may go as high as the 3rd round the way he has progressed. He does a lot of things, and he does them all well. Versatility with that level of athleticism is hard to find these days.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if they draft Receiver they go with a big guy. They have their future (Hopefully Smile ) with Wallace, Sanders and Even Brown. Maybe they give Sweed another chance, Who knows? Ward may be on his last season or two and I cant see Randle El being around too much longer. Just my opinion.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy.... but I want Baldwin to be a Steeler in the worst way. We need Baldwin
jcm412

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Call me crazy.... but I want Baldwin to be a Steeler in the worst way. We need Baldwin

Doesnt Baldwin have some character issues?
jcm412

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
I think if they draft Receiver they go with a big guy. They have their future (Hopefully Smile ) with Wallace, Sanders and Even Brown. Maybe they give Sweed another chance, Who knows? Ward may be on his last season or two and I cant see Randle El being around too much longer. Just my opinion.

I agree i think we have an up and coming WR core, especially if Sweed ever comes around Pray . i think i would be pretty pissed if took an early WR this year. I really think we need to focus on the trecnhes and secondary. But, then again we have been saying this for how long now.
Blitz 34

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I voted for Caesar, partially due to draft positioning. I do NOT want to spend the 1st on a WR. I also like what I've read on Caesar a lot. I do, however, see him as a bit redundant with the 2 rookies we got on the roster right now. Baldwin or one of the 1st rounders would make for a better compliment to Wallace and Sanders, but I want Carimi/Solder/Crick/Watt with that pick.....the trenches, not a luxury/sexy pick like WR unless it's just way way way more value/better player.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

He may, but to my knowledge he was just arrested for slapping a girl on the butt on a bus. Pretty minor to me, unless there's more to it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:

You know, I've been wantin a big WR for a while, partially due to Ben wanting one, but after looking at the Colt's roster, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of their WRs being exactly 6'0", I think if they fan produce with runts, so can we lol. We won a SB with Ward and ARE as the starters, and another with Ward and Holmes. All under 6'. It's a luxury, and not one worth a 1st at this point, assuming Sanders and Wallace show something this year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that if we take a WR, it needs to be a RZ threat on jump balls. I'm not sure we have room for another speedy playmaker.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitz 34 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

He may, but to my knowledge he was just arrested for slapping a girl on the butt on a bus. Pretty minor to me, unless there's more to it.

lol wut? That's random Question Who does that?!

Way to ruin my day guys Crying or Very sad
Blitz 34

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Blitz 34 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

lol wut? That's random Question Who does that?!

Way to ruin my day guys Crying or Very sad

Quote:
** Receiver Jonathan Baldwin was arrested, errrrr, "had charges sent to him through the mail", last April for an incident in which he slapped a female nursing student on the behind during a ride on the campus bus. Well, after three or four postponements the case finally made it to trial today and Baldwin was found not guilty on all three charges (indecent assault, harrassment and disorderly conduct).

Like the judge said, what he did was dumb and it was immature, but it wasn't criminal.

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/collegesports/archive/2010/01/11/jonathan-baldwin-found-not-guilty-and-other-notes.aspx

There ya have it. Lots of jerks do that stuff. First I've ever heard of there being charges filed for it. But it's possible there was more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: