Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldo's Preliminary Draftboard: RB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I'd take
Clay
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Saine
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Thomas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Devine
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Herron (JR)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jacquizz (JR)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Aldo_the_Apache

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Aldo's Preliminary Draftboard: RB Reply with quote

RB | WR | TE | Swing T | IOL | 5 Tech | 0 Tech | Rush LB | Mack | Buck | Corner | Safety

Remember, this is a list for the Steelers only. Just guys that I see fitting into our scheme.

RB

1. John Clay, Wisconsin
- At this point, probably a fringe 2nd rounder, if not lower. Clay is a tough BC that would help wear down defense. He's in the same vein as Brandon Jacobs.

2. Brandon Saine, Ohio State
- I can't figure out why people aren't higher on Saine. He's big (6', 217), smart (All Big Ten Academic) and fast (OSU award-winning sprinter). Probably a 3rd rounder right now.

3. Daniel Thomas, Kansas State
- Another power runner, I need to watch some gamefilm on him.

4. Noel Devine, WVU
- Mewelde's replacement in the screen game

5. Dan "Boom" Herron, Ohio State
- Herron is a nice change-of-pace guy and could be good for our screen game. Could be a big play guy and extend Mendy's career with his effective style.

6.Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State
- Rodgers could be a Reggie Bush-type in the NFL. He's probably more productive as a receiver, but can carry the rock pretty well, considering his small frame (5'8-ish, 190). He'll have to put on some weight if he wants to play an expanded role at the next level.

Close, but no cigarette
  • Jeff Demps, UF
  • Evan Royster, PSU
  • DeMarco Murray, OKLA
  • Marc Tyler, USC
  • Mark Ingram, ALA
  • Baron Batch, TTU

RB | WR | TE | Swing T | IOL | 5 Tech | 0 Tech | Rush LB | Mack | Buck | Corner | Safety

Last edited by Aldo_the_Apache on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 7 times in total
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers/Devine = speed demons Twisted Evil

Clay = Steelers type of RB

I'll let you figure out which RB I want in black and gold Cool
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to have Clay as a Steeler, but we need to get some IOL first. Just imagine Clay running behind an IOL of Kemo-Pouncey-Some big rookie mauler at RG.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Aldo_the_Apache

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
I'd like to have Clay as a Steeler, but we need to get some IOL first. Just imagine Clay running behind an IOL of Kemo-Pouncey-Some big rookie mauler at RG.

Kemo-Pouncey-Pouncey?

That'd be cool. I think we could get Mike pretty late if he doesn't improve his snapping.

Here's hoping he doesn't. His brother can snap the ball just fine.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldo_the_Apache wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:

Kemo-Pouncey-Pouncey?

That'd be cool. I think we could get Mike pretty late if he doesn't improve his snapping.

Here's hoping he doesn't. His brother can snap the ball just fine.

I see the Pounceys as more finesse blockers. That's fine for a Center but I like OG's to be maulers. TCU has a OG I'd like to have, he's projected 3-4th. Marcus Cannon is his name. I've never seen him play lol, he's just big.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Brandon Saine as well and feel he is undervalued also. Not saying hes a first or second rounder but 3rd - 5th might be a possibility. He doesnt get much pub at least. I would take Saine ahead of Royster in a heartbeat, Royster is patient with his blocks but Ive never really seen much other than that, I dont see his ability translating to the pros.

As for Pouncey, never been quite sold. Although Maurkice has done a lot more than expected to this point, most of us would agree that any option was probably going to be an improvement at center. I think its a little (for lack of a better word) goofy to get excited about his brother because they are brothers. If we could get him 3rd or later, perhaps. But no way am I interested 1st or really even 2nd. We'll see, I wouldnt concentrate so much on his snapping as his ability to handle the point and how much mobility and aggression he displays.

The "guard" at TCU is actually a tackle , Marcus Cannon, they are projecting him to play guard. I'm not really excited to this point about that as an option.
We need more mobility and better feet than what we have settled with recently. I have a couple I'm waiting to see more tape on but to this point the only one I;m excited about is Rodney Hudson, he's light weight so it causes many to speak of him as ZBS, but as I see it hes stronger than just about every guard Ive watched play. Not sure why his weight remains at just 284, which is where most media have him listed. Would really like to see him around 300 at least come the draft.

The OT from Villanova looks pretty atheltic they talk about him switching to guard. I'd like to see more, I'll keep you posted.

John Clay is nice, very patient with his blocks. We have no need to jump high for a Running back I feel but if any good RB fell to us around the 3rd youd have to consider.

Broderick Green - Arkansas is something and very under the radar to this point.

...you have a forum resume?
jcm412

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Clay alot. He has great numbers. But after watching him play i think he is going to be way too slow for the NFL. I also think that talented big OL in front of him make him look better than he is. I think Clay will end up being a mid to late round pick. I think he'll be a FB at the next level.
Blitz 34

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
I like Clay alot. He has great numbers. But after watching him play i think he is going to be way too slow for the NFL. I also think that talented big OL in front of him make him look better than he is. I think Clay will end up being a mid to late round pick. I think he'll be a FB at the next level.

LOL that's what I was thinking. The announcers say he's at 85% and overweight due to injuries right now. He has major power, and could be a good short yardage mid-late round pick. That's about it. He looks fat right now too.

JJ Watt is impressing me big time today. Make a great 5-tech. Carimi looks ok. I could see him sliding a bit due to being a waist bender.....RT.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have our feature back, we have two power backs, we need to replace Moore if anyone and could use a fast screen type bac like Devine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
We have our feature back, we have two power backs, we need to replace Moore if anyone and could use a fast screen type bac like Devine

I like Devine as well. I think he would be a good compliment Mendy and the O.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Blitz 34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:

I think that a multi-faceted WR/RB like Caesar would make the most sense. A guy that has a lot better size that Devine, and has gotten it done as a WR and a RB, and that will probably be around later. He could be the Reggie Bush type that is split wide as a WR, but mainly used as a receiving RB and KR/PR.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitz 34 wrote:
gatek99 wrote:

I think that a multi-faceted WR/RB like Caesar would make the most sense. A guy that has a lot better size that Devine, and has gotten it done as a WR and a RB, and that will probably be around later. He could be the Reggie Bush type that is split wide as a WR, but mainly used as a receiving RB and KR/PR.

oh I def think we should do that instead...although the Steelers never do anything we wish for with the draft!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Redman does nothing with his oppurtnity, the only thing we need at RB is a future 3rd down back or a homerun hitter.

Redman is all power...Mendy is a good mix...we need that guy who can take it to the house from anywhere.

Now, if Redman does nothing, then Id consider a power back.

And as JPN said...no way should we consider one early. Too many other needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: