Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Atlanta Falcons (0-0) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (0-0)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: GDT: Atlanta Falcons (0-0) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) Reply with quote

Date: September 14, 2015
Time: 7:10 ET

It's been awhile fellas. Game 1 of the new Dan Quinn Era.

Last edited by Jgoldiscool on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
chipperboy1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons with the upset win- 27-21. Julio goes for 150+. Beasley gets at least his first sack. Tevin Coleman gains 80 yards on 18 carries, not bad for a debut.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking like there is no way the Eagles don't drop at least 48 on your guys in this one.

[quote="RainbowCarebear"]Anna Kendricks are always nice.[/quote]
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipperboy1 wrote:
Falcons with the upset win- 27-21. Julio goes for 150+. Beasley gets at least his first sack. Tevin Coleman gains 80 yards on 18 carries, not bad for a debut.

Would it really be an upset? Phillys defense is pretty suspect, and I dont think our offense is any less liable to go off than theirs is. Maybe even more so. I think this is gonna be a shotout or a blowout. I dont see a close, low scoring game.
chipperboy1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Looking like there is no way the Eagles don't drop at least 48 on your guys in this one.

I don't agree- our defense is MUCH improved. I think they're going to surprise people this year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kja92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipperboy1 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I don't agree- our defense is MUCH improved. I think they're going to surprise people this year.

I definitely agree. Dan Quinn has come and changed the defense completely. Im thinking we're at least Top 20 in defense this year, which is a marked improvement. We couldnt tackle anybody last year
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipperboy1 wrote:

I won't say you are wrong, because neither of us can predict what will happen unless you have discovered time travel and are holding out on us. Plus, you guys have one of the better QB-WR connections in the league and you added good coaches in Quinn and Shanahan. I'm sure your defense will be improved. I mean how could it not be? Laughing

I like the direction your team is heading in, but you are definitely being overly optimistic. The only teams last year to hold us to 21 or fewer points were the Seahawks, Packers, 49ers, and Cardinals. We scored 21 against San Francisco and 20 against Green Bay and Arizona. The only reason we didn't score more than 20 or 21 those games was Foles turning skittish, LeSean being hesitant and a lot of turnovers. We turned it over 4 times against GB, 4 times against SF, and 3 times against AZ. The only team to hold us to 21 or under that probably would have done it with the team we have this year is maybe Seattle. Good news? You have their defensive coordinator. Bad news? He has far less talent to work with and is just implementing his scheme which will take time to gel with the players. You also won't have Brooks Reed for this game due to injury.

Julio going for more than 150 yards? He has done that 4 times (5 if you include the playoffs) in his career. It's certainly possible for him. He is amazing and one of my favorite receivers. We have better corners at both spots and a better cover safety this year. I wouldn't give it a high probability of happening, but all it takes is one big play to make it a possibility. One problem I see with it happening is our pass rush isn't going to give those deep passes time to develop. However, this is the most realistic out of your predictions.

Tevin Coleman averaging 4.4 YPC against us? I doubt it. We had the 5th least YPC allowed last year.

Here are how teams with some of the better RBs did against us:

Alfred Morris - 3.3 YPC
Arian Foster - 3.7 YPC
Marshawn Lynch - 3.7 YPC
DeMarco Murray - 3.7 & 2.6 YPC

Lacy did have 6 YPC, but he had 1 big run and averaged 3.5 on the rest of the carries.

Our run defense could be even better this year as well with Bennie Logan coming into his own next to Fletcher Cox and Kiko Alonso being added. Coleman got a lot of big runs in college due to defenses not being disciplined with their gaps and letting him just get north and south with his speed. That won't happen against an Eagles defense that does a great job maintaining their assignments.

We averaged 30 points last year and it is certainly possible we top that this year. A top 10 all time scoring season is within reach for this team. You are underestimating us, but I get it. It's the first week and all fans are in homer mode. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This match up will certainly be a tough one. The Eagles are primed to have an amazing year on offense with a healthy Sam Bradford running Chip Kelly's offense. This first test for our defense will be a tough one. The Eagles will be throwing the ball around primarily. Hopefully Desmond Trufant, William Moore, and co. can contain the passing attack. We were atrocious at covering last year.

We will also have our first look at what Vic Beasley, Adrian Clayborn, Hageman, and Babineaux look like in the pass rush. They looked good in the preseason, hopefully they can carry that over to the regular season.

On offense, the Falcons have one of the best QB-WR combos in the NFL in Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. They are almost guaranteed to be in midseason form. They will have to be because Im a little scared for our rushing attack. Tevin Coleman looked good in limited action but our offensive line is a complete mystery right now.

With that being said, Im optimistic about this game. The Eagles are being looked at as an elite team by the media. I think they are overlooking the Falcons. I think we surprise some ppl and come out with a win in the Dome

Falcons 31, Eagles 28
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kja92 wrote:
This match up will certainly be a tough one. The Eagles are primed to have an amazing year on offense with a healthy Sam Bradford running Chip Kelly's offense. This first test for our defense will be a tough one. The Eagles will be throwing the ball around primarily. Hopefully Desmond Trufant, William Moore, and co. can contain the passing attack. We were atrocious at covering last year.

We will also have our first look at what Vic Beasley, Adrian Clayborn, Hageman, and Babineaux look like in the pass rush. They looked good in the preseason, hopefully they can carry that over to the regular season.

On offense, the Falcons have one of the best QB-WR combos in the NFL in Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. They are almost guaranteed to be in midseason form. They will have to be because Im a little scared for our rushing attack. Tevin Coleman looked good in limited action but our offensive line is a complete mystery right now.

With that being said, Im optimistic about this game. The Eagles are being looked at as an elite team by the media. I think they are overlooking the Falcons. I think we surprise some ppl and come out with a win in the Dome

Falcons 31, Eagles 28

I don't think the Eagles are overlooking the Falcons, it is the first game of the regular season. You prepare all off-season for this and no one really knows what to expect with respect to personnel changes. You don't take anyone lightly Week 1.

I'm confident in the Eagles going into this game but I think Julio Jones is going to have a monster day. You guys shouldn't have too much trouble putting up points, but I just don't see your defense there yet. As McCoy pointed out very few defenses held us in check last year and that was with an inept Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez playing QB. Bradford is still a question mark, but I'm loving what we've seen from him thus far and there is no doubt that Chip Kelly's offense and pace takes a toll on any defense.

It should be a great game though. I expect that it'll be close for a lot of it, but I think the Eagles pull away in the 2nd half. My prediction is 37-24 green birds. Here's to hoping both sides stay healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
kja92 wrote:

Falcons 31, Eagles 28

I don't think the Eagles are overlooking the Falcons, it is the first game of the regular season. You prepare all off-season for this and no one really knows what to expect with respect to personnel changes. You don't take anyone lightly Week 1.

I'm confident in the Eagles going into this game but I think Julio Jones is going to have a monster day. You guys shouldn't have too much trouble putting up points, but I just don't see your defense there yet. As McCoy pointed out very few defenses held us in check last year and that was with an inept Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez playing QB. Bradford is still a question mark, but I'm loving what we've seen from him thus far and there is no doubt that Chip Kelly's offense and pace takes a toll on any defense.

It should be a great game though. I expect that it'll be close for a lot of it, but I think the Eagles pull away in the 2nd half. My prediction is 37-24 green birds. Here's to hoping both sides stay healthy.

They weren't saying that the Eagles are overlooking the Falcons I don't think. I'm pretty sure they meant that the media is overlooking the Falcons.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
kja92 wrote:

Falcons 31, Eagles 28

They weren't saying that the Eagles are overlooking the Falcons I don't think. I'm pretty sure they meant that the media is overlooking the Falcons.

You might be right. I would agree that the media is sleeping on the Falcons a bit, but two poor consecutive seasons will do that. I think the o-line still looks pretty brutal and there are a lot of questions on defense, a ton of young guys having to play. We'll see how they fare against a scheme that makes you think a lot as a defender.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles fans are hilarious thinking they are going to blow us out. one fan said 48-3 in their GDT. I would not be surprised one bit if we win, this team has a whole new identity. The defense has a whole new intensity. Our OL is key.

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
eagles fans are hilarious thinking they are going to blow us out. one fan said 48-3 in their GDT. I would not be surprised one bit if we win, this team has a whole new identity. The defense has a whole new intensity. Our OL is key.
You seem to not understand the Eagles fan base on this site. They've always been known to be one of the most fun to read posters. There crazy but in a good way. They could be the worst team in the NFL and they'd still say they'd blow people out in games.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:

"Eagles fans"

"one fan said"

Eagles fans = 1 fan.... got it

The poster who made that prediction based it off the fact the woman wearing Eagles apparel had a manly face Laughing They weren't serious. Lighten up a bit man.

You guys certainly have talent, upgraded coaches, and are good at the Dome. It wouldn't shock me if you managed to pull off the upset.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: