Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Swearinger?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyBird4L

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: DJ Swearinger? Reply with quote

Yay? Nay?

He was just cut by the Texans and although he's a bit of a hot head, he'd be helpful depth at one of our thinnest positions. A humbling cut followed by a second chance in a new city could be just the kick in the rear he needs. His contract situation is 100% doable.
jmac102390

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I love the talent. A hard hitting SS that is excellent in run support. I love the intensity he plays with.

BUT... he is definitely a liability in coverage. We already have two guys that are ideal SS fits (Moore, Ishmael). We need someone that can be trusted to cover the deep third. Imo Swearinger could not make the transition to a ballhawking FS, and for that reason I'm out. (Mark Cuban Voice)
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like he's got some personality problems and definitely doesn't get along with our WR corps but Willy Mo appears to think he'd be a good addition to the team. Although yea we have two good strong safeties in Willy Mo and Kemal, need a better coverage option at FS (which is why we are trying to move ricardo allen there)

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Seems like he's got some personality problems and definitely doesn't get along with our WR corps but Willy Mo appears to think he'd be a good addition to the team. Although yea we have two good strong safeties in Willy Mo and Kemal, need a better coverage option at FS (which is why we are trying to move ricardo allen there)

Just curious, but where did you get that Willy Mo thinks he would be a good addition?

And like you said, we already have two SS's, need that coverage guy at FS...
jarren

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I'm down to take risks on players but Swearinger seems like an idiot. I'd pass. Plus SS isn't a need.
xxfalconfanxx20

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarren wrote:
Usually I'm down to take risks on players but Swearinger seems like an idiot. I'd pass. Plus SS isn't a need.

SS isn't a 'need' but Safeties should be able to play both positions IMO; just like corners should be able to play on the left and right side, so should DEs, etc. if he's not capable of playing in both positions why would any team want to play him. He's playing in the NFL, he has the talent to play either, but is he willing to play either?
xxfalconfanxx20

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he was claimed by the Bucs so at this point it doesn't matter if he would fit in the Defense.
coors

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Bucs picked him up via wavers, so that's over. I like him as a player, but he's a SS only, and we've got WillyMo there. We need a FS opposed to another SS.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

Just curious, but where did you get that Willy Mo thinks he would be a good addition?

And like you said, we already have two SS's, need that coverage guy at FS...
Its a null at this point but in case you were still curious

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/13378/william-moore-thinks-swearinger-could-help-falcons

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: