Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coach's Final Mock Draft (Trade Down)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Coach's Final Mock Draft (Trade Down) Reply with quote

TRADE: Denver loses out on Kaepernick and is desperate to grab Paxton Lynch. Lawson and Floyd are gone by this point, so Atlanta trades back for a few extra picks. Denver sends picks 31, 63 and 136 to nab their QB.

Round 1, Pick 31
Shilique Calhoun DE, Michigan State- A pure pass rusher, we get another guy to take the heat off Beasley. Whether he bumps Beasley to Sam and plays LEO, or we use them as our bookend, Calhoun could help bring some more heat when we play Newton, Winston and Brees.

Round 2, Pick 50
Su'a Cravens LB/S, USC
I think Dan Quinn could use Cravens as his Will. He has the instincts and play-making ability and could add a few pounds to handle the rigors of the NFL. Wouldn't mind grabbing a SS here, but I think we can be serviceable with Ishmael and can draft a stud next year.

Round 2, Pick 63
Christian Westerman G, Arizona State
I still think we need to add a guard. I simply can't be comfortable with Person and Levitre as our interior duo. Extremely athletic but still has surprising strength, posting 34 reps on the bench at the combine.

Round 3, Pick 81
Javon Hargrave DT, South Carolina State
As much as I hope Ra'Shede Hageman puts it all together, he hasn't shown enough to keep us from using a third on a guy who dominated his admittedly lower level of competition. Factor in that Babineaux is a free agent after this year and having a trio of Hageman, Jarrett and Hargrave in the middle is extremely enticing.

Round 4, Pick 115
Jerell Adams TE, South Carolina
Not a total liability as a blocker, and a pretty solid pass-catcher. Not exactly the next TG, but certainly a guy Ryan should be able to rely on when we move on from Tamme.

Round 4, Pick 136
Dominique Alexander LB, Oklahoma
I despise Oklahoma as a Horns fan, but Alexander could be a solid late-round pick up. Quick and rangy with the ability to stop the run, Quinn might take a serious look at him.

Round 7-
Deon Bush S, Miami
Like I said, I think we can get by with Ishmael at safety this year, but I don't mind grabbing one with our last pick.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
whitmire25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I have a growing feeling we will go with Calhoun.

Adopt-A-Falcon: JacQuizz Rodgers and Stansly Maponga
birdman70

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is just ok to me. Shilique Calhoun seems to have already peaked, and is too easy to block. I just don't see him as a 1st rd talent or an improvement to the team. The Cravens, Westerman, and Hargrave picks are just what we need, no problem there. I'm not a fan of Dominique Alexander at all but I do like Jerell Adams. Bush to me doesn't seem to be all that "football smart" so I would pass on him. Overrall, kind of a mixed bag, but the Calhoun pick kind of ruins it for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: