Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Cuts Reply with quote

so i noticed that Champ Bailey and Eben Britton were cut. any chance we take a flyer on one of them?

i think both can help our team out alot.

thoughts on any cut players we might be interested in?
devils1854

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

None, unless they are a proven right tackle that will be ok backing up Holmes, and possibly taking over in a month or so.

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, 2014 Heisman Campaign
DutchFalcon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
No.

None, unless they are a proven right tackle that will be ok backing up Holmes, and possibly taking over in a month or so.

Eric Winston comes to mind for that job but I'm not sure how suited he would be. I remember he used to be one of the better RT's in the league but it seems he's getting cut from any team that signs him these days.

I'd concider Vickerson and Ihenacho from the Broncos. With Robertson cut I'm not sure who would be the next man up if Soliai would go down, altough I guess we could just revert to the old 4-3 scheme.

Ihenacho might be decent safety depth which might be a boon concidering Lowery isn't really known to stay healthy.
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DutchFalcon wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
No.

Eric Winston comes to mind for that job but I'm not sure how suited he would be. I remember he used to be one of the better RT's in the league but it seems he's getting cut from any team that signs him these days.

I'd concider Vickerson and Ihenacho from the Broncos. With Robertson cut I'm not sure who would be the next man up if Soliai would go down, altough I guess we could just revert to the old 4-3 scheme.

Ihenacho might be decent safety depth which might be a boon concidering Lowery isn't really known to stay healthy.

We arent going to keep 5 safeties, and Southward is definitely going to keep his position, and it seems like Ishmael has improved from last season. If we didnt have a rookie FS that will possibly be our starter in the future, then I wouldnt mind it, but Southward will get his chance if Lowery is bad.

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, 2014 Heisman Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: