Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. After a rather disappointing 2013 season, can fantasy owners expect Matt Ryan to return to the upper-echelon of fantasy QBs? Are you guys expecting a top 5 season from him even without his safety valve Tony Gonzalez?

2. Julio Jones was on an absolutely historic pace before breaking his foot last year. Are you guys expecting him to start up where he left off, or should we expect some regression? Is there a chance he's fantasy's #1 WR this year when all is said and done? How might that effect the values of Roddy White and Harry Douglas?

3. The RB position is one that is very interesting in Atlanta. Steven Jackson has a hold on the #1 back right now, but Devonta Freeman has an impressive skillset to compliment. Is there any chance Jackson loses that #1 role, or are you guys expecting him to have somewhat of a bounce back season as the Falcons passing game opens up holes for him?

Lentz33

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'd expect top-7, not necessarily top 5. Expect like 28-32 TDs 10-12 INTs, 4200 yards.

2. I expect Julio to have a pretty impressive season. Maybe not the numbers he was about to put up last season, but still impressive. 1300ish yards 10ish TDs.

3. I expect the running game to be much improved. But i wouldn't expect a lot from any of our backs separately. As a group they should do well. I wouldn't take any of them early.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
1. After a rather disappointing 2013 season, can fantasy owners expect Matt Ryan to return to the upper-echelon of fantasy QBs? Are you guys expecting a top 5 season from him even without his safety valve Tony Gonzalez?

He's definitely a top 7 QB fantasy wise, I feel confident saying top 5 if we stay healthy. An improved OL, still no real main guy at RB, and one of the best WR corps in the league. Not much to go wrong there besides injuries. Tony being a safety valve isn't a huge factor IMO because before Tony that was Roddy, so he will probably just utilize our slot guys a little more.
SoS wrote:
2. Julio Jones was on an absolutely historic pace before breaking his foot last year. Are you guys expecting him to start up where he left off, or should we expect some regression? Is there a chance he's fantasy's #1 WR this year when all is said and done? How might that effect the values of Roddy White and Harry Douglas?

No way Julio is the top WR IMO. Top 5-7 seems about right. Will he regress? I mean I don't think so. He will be who he was, but with so many options out there and us trying our best to get some sort of running game going, I would still take Mega, AJ, and maybe 1-2 more over him.
SoS wrote:
3. The RB position is one that is very interesting in Atlanta. Steven Jackson has a hold on the #1 back right now, but Devonta Freeman has an impressive skillset to compliment. Is there any chance Jackson loses that #1 role, or are you guys expecting him to have somewhat of a bounce back season as the Falcons passing game opens up holes for him?

There is a very good chance Steven loses his #1 role, or even splits carries a lot more. Quizz and Freeman will see a lot of the field. I wouldn't count on Jackson as a first RB for sure, and I would personally avoid him as my #2 back as well. Maybe an option week to week at flex.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. id say top 6-7. not a hardcore fantasy guy, but I would imagine a guy like stafford probably puts up better fantasy #'s then Ryan even though Ryans clearly better in actuality. I d expect 4500 yards, low 30's td, and 9-12 ints.

2. Jones will have to contend more with a healthy white for looks, but 1400 yds and 12ish tds or so sounds about right.

3. Jackosn is the clear #1 and i expect him to have a bounce back year. Im excited about freeman, but if he got more than 10 touches a game max id be shocked.
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

1.I would not expect a top 5 fantasy season from Matt. I dont know if he has ever been a top 5 fantasy player. He should have a good year. He still has plenty of weapons, and we have revamped the offensive line, so he should be able to have more time in the pocket. I would say somewhere around 4500 yards, 28 TDs, and 13 INTs.

2.Julio should be healthy, but he's a guy that has shown to be nicked up every year of his career. As long as he can play 14 or so games, he should be a top fantasy WR. When he is on the field, its obvious that he is the #1 target. He averaged 12 targets a game last year. He will put up numbers when he is on the field. Roddy is still going to get his targets, and Douglas will get his share as well. Matt has thrown the ball over 600 times each of the past two seasons. It wouldnt be absurd to see Julio with 100 catches, Roddy with 75, and Douglas with 65.

3.Last year was pretty much a lost year for Jackson because of injuries. Once he was healthy, he did have 350 yards and 5 TDs in his last 6 games. He seems to be healthy now, and we do have two new starters on the offensive line, and hopefully Baker will be healthy at the LT spot. The job is his, and I would expect it to stay that way as long as Jackson is healthy. He isnt going to have huge stats, but I could see him with 950-1000 yards and 8-10 TDs. Freeman is a big unknown. If he comes into camp and impresses, then I could definitely see him take away some carries to keep Jackson healthy, but I wouldnt expect him to take over the #1 role this year.

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, 2014 Heisman Campaign
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If AZ put Rob Housler on the block... for the right price, I'd like to add him. Our TE roster is a little thin, but with the addition, Matt Ryan's numbers would be nice.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
If AZ put Rob Housler on the block... for the right price, I'd like to add him. Our TE roster is a little thin, but with the addition, Matt Ryan's numbers would be nice.
Trade? Why would the Falcons trade for a terrible TE?

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'd expect Matt Ryan to be what he has been in fantasy pretty much his whole career. A serviceable QB #1 that you can get in the middle rounds if you miss out on the top guys. He isn't going to put up 20+ points every week, but he won't hurt your team.

2. If Julio Jones is healthy, he definitely has the ability/potential to be the #1 WR in fantasy football. However, that is a big if. With TG gone, more attention will be shifted to Julio on defense, but it will probably also result in more looks from Ryan. High risk, high reward.

3. I expect Steven Jackson to keep the #1 running back gig for the whole season assuming he stays healthy for all 16 games. Mike Smith has been known to be stingy about starting rookies, so I wouldn't expect a 4th rounder like Freeman to just leap frog a tried and true veteran like Jackson.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Not terrible, just injured his first couple of seasons. As I said, for the right price.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Not terrible, just injured his first couple of seasons. As I said, for the right price.

The right price would be a bologna sandwich without mayo, lettuce, or cheese. He is 4th on the depth chart, and it is clear the coaching staff prefers more complete TE, so Cardinals would have no leverage in trade talks.

SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The right price would be a bologna sandwich without mayo, lettuce, or cheese. He is 4th on the depth chart, and it is clear the coaching staff prefers more complete TE, so Cardinals would have no leverage in trade talks.

Great... so the right price is a free agent acquisition. Are you completely sold on our TE depth chart? We just lost Tony G... THE GREATEST TE EVER TO PLAY THE GAME... his current replacements: TE 80 Levine Toilolo, 86 Bear Pascoe, 82 Mickey Shuler, 81 Jacob Pedersen, 49 Brian Wozniak

I think we could improve JUST A BIT.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

Great... so the right price is a free agent acquisition. Are you completely sold on our TE depth chart? We just lost Tony G... THE GREATEST TE EVER TO PLAY THE GAME... his current replacements: TE 80 Levine Toilolo, 86 Bear Pascoe, 82 Mickey Shuler, 81 Jacob Pedersen, 49 Brian Wozniak

No one is going to replace what Tony G brought to the table, but we can spread the targets he was getting around to others. Jackson is a great receiver out of the backfield, and Douglas can be utilized more in the slot (he pretty much was never used before all the injuries). I want to see Toilolo develop, and I am fine with him being a blocker/red zone target for now. Let's not act like we have no other targets on our roster and a receiving threat TE is a dire need. We have 2 elite WRs, a good slot receiver, and a great receiving RB.

devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

No one is going to replace what Tony G brought to the table, but we can spread the targets he was getting around to others. Jackson is a great receiver out of the backfield, and Douglas can be utilized more in the slot (he pretty much was never used before all the injuries). I want to see Toilolo develop, and I am fine with him being a blocker/red zone target for now. Let's not act like we have no other targets on our roster and a receiving threat TE is a dire need. We have 2 elite WRs, a good slot receiver, and a great receiving RB.

Exactly. Just how many teams have one elite receiver? How many teams have an elite tight end?

People have gotten too spoiled with having Tony G the past few years. If our offense cant score 25+ points a game with Julio, Roddy, Harry, S-Jax, Quizz, and Toilolo, then we have bigger problems than not having a receiving tight end.

#JDI

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Housler even get into the discussion, im not seeing where it relates to the OT. In addition, hes not very good.
devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
How did Housler even get into the discussion, im not seeing where it relates to the OT. In addition, hes not very good.

Yep, he's no better than Chase Coffman. Id much rather let Toilolo show what he can do since he was a 4th rd pick last year, and I think Jacob Pederson can surprise some people.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: