You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What position should fill in the 2nd round?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which position should the Titans fill with the 3rd pick in the 2nd round?
Offensive Line
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Linebacker
77%
 77%  [ 14 ]
Safety
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Running Back
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: What position should fill in the 2nd round? Reply with quote

With the 3rd pick in the 2nd round of the 2006 NFL draft, what position do you feel that the Titans should fill and by whom?

Well obviously we need to fill our LB, OL, and S positions for sure. So what direction do we need to go first? Well, of course in a realistic scenario it would depend on who is still available at that point, but if there were still quality players at both positions (which there will be) then which direction do you go?

Well first of all it would depend on what happened during Free Agency. If we were to resign Hartwig and Pillar then the obvious choice would be to go LB and hope that Loper is prepared enough to take over at RT. Another option would be placing Hartwig at his original position at LG and place Amano at center. Then Jacob Bell could play the RT position while allowing Loper to sub in and get some valuable playing time. If that were to happen, we could then look at Abdul Hodge or D'Quell Jackson in the 2nd and pick up some depth at OL in the 4rth and possibly at LB (depending on our comp picks).

Just some thoughts that I thought I would throw out there. Feel free to give your opinions and criticisms. Also, what do ya'll think of Manny Lawson converting to LB. Do you think Tennessee should give him a look in the 2nd?

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.

Last edited by PacAttack on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Burton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldlike to see O-line just because of the depth in this years class, we can get a first round caliber tackle in the 2nd round. We have a need at tackle and I believe Bell would do better as a guard if we wanted to save money and cut one of our starters.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
jplongo21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say we trade our first pick to the lions for their first,second and so on.(we get cutler in first at like 9 spot) and we have 2 early second rounders i say go linebacker ans saftey
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually have the 7th pick in the 2nd round... 5th in the 4th, 4th in the 5th, 3rd in the 6th, 7th in the 7th.

But on to the question... I think our 3 biggest needs are LB, OT, and maybe S (depending on who we keep, who goes, etc).

If we do end up with the QB in the first, then I truly believe we have to go for the best LB left in the second, since that is the biggest need we have, by far. Hopefully we maneuver some kind of trade of Volek to get a 3rd and use that spot for an OT. Both LB and OT are very deep this year and we can get a 1st round talent LB in the 2nd and a 2nd round talent OT in the 3rd. Second day is all about value and not need. Whoever carries the highest grade will be picked throughout the second day, but I do hope we put a little emphasis on another quicker, coverage safety.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
We actually have the 7th pick in the 2nd round... 5th in the 4th, 4th in the 5th, 3rd in the 6th, 7th in the 7th.

Why do we have the 7th pick in the 2nd round, 5th in the 4rth, etc...? Eh?

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
coleman51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jplongo21 wrote:
i say we trade our first pick to the lions for their first,second and so on.(we get cutler in first at like 9 spot) and we have 2 early second rounders i say go linebacker ans saftey

I'm not so sure the Lions would do that. They have alot of interest in Cutler as well, and in Kiper's mock draft he has the Lions picking Cutler. I doubt they will draft a guy like Vince Young who is overhyped (ring a bell, Joey Harrington?) and has potential, but never proved to be a great quarterback. Also, the Lions have alot of holes to fill. I don't think they would be willing to give up those high picks. I Guess we'll find out come draft day though.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jplongo21 wrote:

I'm just glad that Fisher gets to coach Cutler and get a close look at him. He'll be able to see things about the kid that could possible give the Titans reasons to consider trading down for him. If Fisher doesn't come away impressed then we know that he probably isn't worth the move. If Fisher does trade down, then it is because he coached the kid and believes that Cutler can contribute and be a leader for his team, plus get more picks along the way. Either way its a win/win situation for the Titans.

jplongo21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya he gets to coach jay cutler but look at the linebackers i mean dquell abdul both possible 2nd rounders
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

The teams with the same records move up a spot within same record teams every round. When you get to the top, you move down to the bottom of that list the next round. We're the highest drafting 4-12 team in the first, that means for the 2nd round, we move to the 7th pick of the round (lowest draft position for a 4-12) team. Then Buffalo gets our 6th pick in the 3rd, and we get the 5th in the 4th, etc...

jplongo21 wrote:
ya he gets to coach jay cutler but look at the linebackers i mean dquell abdul both possible 2nd rounders

Exactly. And its not only about the top kids in the draft.

Or he could possibly see an OT/S/WR/etc that blows him away during practices and steals him in the 3rd round. Being the coach for such a team is a great opportunity to not only see film of these kids, but to see first hand how they handle certain situations within the team structure. You get to learn more about these kids through the week of practice than by just some silly interview.
titans will return

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of you are saying trade down alot of spots or w.e but I wouldnt be suprised at all if Cutler was our pick at 3 or D'Brickshaw Ferguson,I really think those too would help our franchise get to where we are going quicker,but VY MIGHT beable to do it better IF/WHEN he's ever ready

or the option would be to stay in the top 6 or 7,and when we get there see who is available wether it be Cutler,Hawk,or Williams and take them,and accumulate the extra 2nd and 4th or 5th round
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
PacAttack wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

The teams with the same records move up a spot within same record teams every round. When you get to the top, you move down to the bottom of that list the next round. We're the highest drafting 4-12 team in the first, that means for the 2nd round, we move to the 7th pick of the round (lowest draft position for a 4-12) team. Then Buffalo gets our 6th pick in the 3rd, and we get the 5th in the 4th, etc...

Oh, I see...I was wondering why we had the 7th. I've been watching the Draft for 3 years now and I never caught that. Gee...I feel foolish d'oh!. Thanks for the insight ragevsuall17.

SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said linebacker (that is if we dont get one in the first)....also hawk isnt the only top ten quality linebacker....chad greenway is drawing alot of compairisons to keith bulluck....i dare someone to try and spin that in a negitive light...i dare you

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
PacAttack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so far 10 out of 12 say LB. I agree, but what about the next question in my original post. What do you think of Manny Lawson and do you think Tennessee should give him a look in the 2nd round (assuming his stock hasn't skyrocketed and gets snagged up in the first)?

TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
some of you are saying trade down alot of spots or w.e but I wouldnt be suprised at all if Cutler was our pick at 3 or D'Brickshaw Ferguson,I really think those too would help our franchise get to where we are going quicker,but VY MIGHT beable to do it better IF/WHEN he's ever ready

or the option would be to stay in the top 6 or 7,and when we get there see who is available wether it be Cutler,Hawk,or Williams and take them,and accumulate the extra 2nd and 4th or 5th round

i agree with you on that one

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm voting Linebacker with Bobby Carpenter in mind, I think (hope) line is addressed in the first round with D-Brick, who is proving he's a franchise LT to everyone at the combine...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: