Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Star Wars Thread (Ep. VII 2015)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: The Official Star Wars Thread (Ep. VII 2015) Reply with quote

So...big time news.
Quote:
Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing.

Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney's global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

http://www.flickdirect.com/news/3913/star-wars-episode-vii-coming-to-theaters-via-disney-in-blockbuster-annoucement/article.ashx

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Last edited by seminoles1 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of excited, really interested to see who they cast.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While my Jar Jar gently weeps Sad

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBT is going to try out for the role of Han Solo's son, Han Duet!
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
RuskieTitan

Mind = Blown.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TytybearsFan21

Should be better than the originals.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as George Lucas has zero control, they'll be better than the prequels.
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea what to think. Lucas clearly lost his way a bit with the prequels, but this could be bizarre and terrible. Call me a skeptic for now. At least we'll always have the original trilogy.

^Kempes
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait. Allot of crazy ish happens after the original trilogy

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 6 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
No idea what to think. Lucas clearly lost his way a bit with the prequels, but this could be bizarre and terrible. Call me a skeptic for now. At least we'll always have the original trilogy.

Kind of my take on it as well. I'll wait and see how things play out, but I am very skeptical as to how this ends. There is some good material out there in various forms of media, but none of it was from George Lucas - given that these next attempts are void of Lucas, I'm willing to hear it out, but will be quick to unleash my anger if it doesn't pan out well.

I'd much rather see them go years into the past, start off with the Old Republic...

EDIT: Yup, Lucas is on board as a "creative consultant" which means these could suck something awful.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

Kind of my take on it as well. I'll wait and see how things play out, but I am very skeptical as to how this ends. There is some good material out there in various forms of media, but none of it was from George Lucas - given that these next attempts are void of Lucas, I'm willing to hear it out, but will be quick to unleash my anger if it doesn't pan out well.

I'd much rather see them go years into the past, start off with the Old Republic...

EDIT: Yup, Lucas is on board as a "creative consultant" which means these could suck something awful.

I don't know about that. As the creator of the Star Wars universe, I think he's entitled to some creative contributions. The prequels biggest issues were definitely the script, direction, and editing. As long as he stays away from those, the final product might be okay.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

That's a good thing. That's a great thing. Lucas was great at crafting a universe, and the beginnings of a story. But when it comes down the nitty gritty of movie making, he's beyond awful. There are far better directors, writers, and casting people than George Lucas. The prequels were bad because of horrid casting and writing, and that's all on him. Creative consultant is exactly where he should be.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

I don't know about that. As the creator of the Star Wars universe, I think he's entitled to some creative contributions. The prequels biggest issues were definitely the script, direction, and editing. As long as he stays away from those, the final product might be okay.

I just don't wanna see no damned Jar-Jar, or whining about the death of Younglings.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: