Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 GDT: Oakland Raiders vs Tennessee Titans
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Week 1 GDT: Oakland Raiders vs Tennessee Titans Reply with quote

VS

Who else is pumped for the game? We are less than a week away!

Keep all discussion about the game in here. It may be a little early for this, but it's week 1. Very Happy

I'll update injuries when they become available.

Prediction:

Raiders: 20
Titans: 17

mission27 wrote:
Are you telling me you can keep it in there without it hurting indefinitely?

#JDI
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't remember the last time we won in week 1.

I can't wait. Its gonna be a good game
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap you beat me Laughing my bad, lock mine up i guess
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait for this game. I am absolutely stoked.

Key battles:

Raiders O-Line vs Titans D-Line:
Titans D-Line isn't what it once was, and they certainly arn't a dominant unit anymore. Be that may, our O-Line is really bad. No holes to run through and at best poor protection.

Advantage:
Titans

Vince Young vs Raiders Secondary:
JMO but Young is still a BAD QB. If we can contain his legs and force him into mistakes there should be some picks for our DBs.

Advantage:
Raiders

Chris Johnson vs Raiders run D:
Our Run D has been a mixed bag in preseason. We don't give up many 5 - 10 yard rushes, we get alot of stuffs and TFLs but then we allow a runner to pop off a big one. CJ2k is one of the best at popping off big ones.

Advantage:
Titans

Jason Campbell vs Titans secondary:
Titans have an average at best secondary. Finnigan is a very good CB but outside of that they aren't great. Jason has looked really good for us in the limited preseason action and IF we can give him solid protection i think he can make some plays for us against Tennessee.

Advantage:
Raiders

Final score:
Titans 20
Raiders 17

Its in Nashville, CJ2K is going to hit a few homeruns against us and our O-Line stalls the O at vital times.

Still think we can be 8-8 this year though!!

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prediction:

Titans 28
Raiders 13

CJ is amazing even though the D is still improved. As much as I hate him (due to his doings to my Trojans in the Rose Bowl) and to admit it (since I hate the running qb's that can't throw) Vince Young is looking much improved. I think he won't pick us apart or anything but will have a respectable game through the air and have a filed day running the ball.

13 isn't that bad for a new offense's first appearance, especially vs a Jeff Fisher D. I think the D letting up will spawn into a less effective offense much like JR did to the defense

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Modman7777

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there!! Flying out to Tennessee on Saturday, I am so excited. Not only do I want to see our new look Raiders start the new era, but I really want to see Chris Johnson (the burner, not the burnt) play in person. Should be a great early test for our run D!

I'm looking forward to getting some sacks, picks and knockout shots.

-Phil Wheeler
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

TENNESSEE TITANS

VS.

OAKLAND RAIDERS

Football season is less than a week away and i, like most, cannot wait!!! nothin better than gettin with your boys, gettin some women, kickin back with some BBQ, beer, chips and a big screen TV and watching some raider football!! and its right around the corner! However this season opener isnt gonna be a stroll through central park...its gonna be a hugee indicator on how the rest of the season is gonna be going up against one of the top teams in the league with THE best running back in the game and a top 5 Dline in the league! how we hold up against this team in the trenches and in the running game (on both sides of the ball) is going to tell us a lot about how much this team has really improved...Now, for the projected starting Lineups come week 1...

Your Oakland Raiders

QB: Jason Campbell
HB: Darren McFadden
FB: Marcel Reese
WR: Louis Murphy
WR: Darrius Heyward Bey
Slot: Johnnie Lee Higgins
TE: Zach Miller
LT: Mario Henderson
LG: Robert Gallery
OC: Jared Veldheer
RG: Cooper Carlisle
RT: Langston Walker

DE: Matt Shaugnessy
NT: Tommy Kelly
UT: Richard Seymour
DE: Lamaar Houston
WLB: Quentin Groves
MLB: Rolando McClain
SLB: Kameron Wimbley
CB: Nnamdi Asomugha
FS: Michael Huff
SS: Tyvon Branch
CB: Stanford Routt

and the Tennessee Titans

QB: Vince Young
RB: Chris Johnson
FB: Ahmad Hall
WR: Justin Gage
WR: Nate Washington
TE: Bo Scaife
LT: Michael Roos
LG: Leroy Harris
OC: Eugene Amano
RG: Jake Scott
RT: David Stewart

DE: William Hayes
NT: Tony Brown
UT: Jason Jones
DE: Jacob Ford
WLB: Will Witherspoon
MLB: Stephen Tulloch
SLB: Gerald McRath
CB: Cortland Finnegan
FS: Michael Griffin
SS: Chris Hope
CB: Jason McCourty

* Bold indicates impact Players

Keys to the game
Arrow Stopping Chris Johnson!
Arrow Being able to pass the ball
Arrow Darren Mcfadden making something happen
Arrow Screen plays
Arrow Offensive line stepping up
Arrow Big day by the secondary
Arrow Turnovers
Arrow Red Zone offense...RedZone=TDs NOT FGs!!
Arrow Special teams- I dont want to see a Kickoff returned for more than 25 yards! Preferably Jano kicks it into the stands.

Players that need to step up
Arrow Michael Huff, please! its not easy to tackle Chris Johnson but if comes down to it you need to step up big!
Arrow Darren Mcfadden. Starting RB with no Bush means he will carry the load and be getting a lot of touches in the running and passing game, will need to run hard and break some tackles and not take a loss!
Arrow Cooper carlisle and Jared Veldheer. Need to get push in the run game and pick up inside blitzes!
Arrow Rolando McClain. The fate of the defense falls on you rook! huge test for this kid!
Arrow Jason Campbell. Hold on to the ball. do not force throws.

Comparisons:

QB: Raiders
RB: Titans
FB: Titans
WR: Push
TE: Raiders
OL: Titans

DL: Push
LB: Push
CB: Raiders
S: Titans

Titans 4-3 w/ 3 push's

Raiders Pass offense vs. Titans Pass Defense

With a group of very young inexperienced WRs going up against a very solid secondary with a top 5 CB and safety its could be a tough day for our WRs, however with screens to DHB, Dmac and reece that is gonna open some things up for our offense to move, as well as zach miller, whue is gonna have to be very creative with his play calling but it can be done.

Advantage: Titans

Titans Pass offense vs. Raiders Pass Defense

The Titans WR core and TE dont really scare me and with the best CB in the game i cnat see our secondary having a tough time with this group, however they are going to have to key CJ with screens because if its there VY will take it all day, but Washington has some speed and Gage is a good posession guy, however our Secondary wins this every time IMO

Advantage: Raiders

Raiders Run offense vs. Titans Run Defense

Now i havent watched the titans too much this offseason however they always play physical and always are stout against the run and quite frankly our Oline hasnt been opening up any holes this preseason so its gonna be key...Bush being out either does not help...at all.

Titans Run offense vs. Raiders Run Defense

I really feel this game comes down to our offensive line as well as our WRs ability to get seperation, if Jason Campbell gets time and our Line opens up some holes for DMAC and Bennett, it could be a good offensive game, however we all know what this game really boils down to, the X factor chris johnson, if our Run D cant stop him then forget it this game is over, im hoping for a bend but dont break type of game because there will be some big plays from him and VY, its inevitable.

Prediction
Raiders 20
Titans 14

Lets start this season off right! 1-0! Just Win Baby!!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091205/2010/REG1/raiders@titans

Great post from the other thread.

mission27 wrote:
Are you telling me you can keep it in there without it hurting indefinitely?

#JDI
BayArea07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
Screw the NFL for making us play against CJ2K during the first week. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we lose this one but in a close, defensive, hard hitting game. The Titans have the lethal weapon we lack on offense and it gives them the edge. 16-13 Titans.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden has to have an impact for us to win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCP-1ONkXw

DLine needs to lock down Vince from running and making plays.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Raiders3SB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we stop CJ and Young?

I am not sure but I hope we can win the opener somehow and start this season off right.

1-0 RAIDERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Michael Bush in all likely hood out for the game it will be tough because we need to establish the run early.

The run defense is improved, but is still suspect and will be put to the test very soon.

The secondary has the advantage if we can force them to throw. VY isnt a good passer and their WRs are nothing special (besides maybe Britt, but he has had a poor camp) if we can make them play from behind we have a chance.

Their DL is better then our OL, so we will need to run a lot of screens and draws to offset their advantage. DMC get ready, your a key to winning this game.

What we need to do to win on offense.

Get McFadden going early. He needs to be used all over the field. Lots of sweeps, screens, and draws. Get him in a rhythm and dont shy away if it isnt working early.

Work the short passing game to open up the deep throws not the other way around. Too often last year we kept trying to go deep, let Miller work underneath and the deep passing game will open up. We need DHB and Murphy to be factors, and getting Miller involved early will go a long way. Also feed DHB the ball in the short and intermediate parts of the field. Let him gain a rhythm by catching some screens and slants.

Score when were in the redzone. TDs not FGs. This is one area that has somewhat been overlooked when bringing in Campbell. He is very solid in the redzone and doesnt make many mistakes. When we get the chance to score we have to do so. We need to jump out to an early lead to slow down their running game so scoring when we have the chance is vital.

What We Need To Do On Defense.

Control the line of scrimmage. We have a revamped DL with a lot of talent. Seymour has been moved inside where he should be more effective, and it should help get the best out of Kelly. Houston and Shaughennsy are getting baptism under fire this Sunday. We brought them in because they are skilled and will help stop the run, we'll young men lets see what you got. If we cant keep the LBs clean then we have no shot at winning against a team like Tennessee with a RB like CJ2K

Gang tackle and wrap up when your one on one. This might sound like basic stuff, and it really is, but we can not afford to give up the big run this game. The game will be close no doubt in my mind and that one big play can be the difference. We cant win if we are always tackling CJ one on one, everybody has to get to the ball quickly, and when you are one on one wrap up please (im talking to you Huff Laughing)

Be Unpredictable. We have so much versatility on this defense it isnt even funny. We need to mix things up and give them a bunch of different looks. If we can confuse the OL and Vince Young we have a good shot at winning. Let Aso play both sides of the field, use Seymour and Houston all across the DL to take advantage of mismatches, and blitz. If we run the same vanilla man defense we are in for a sure loss, and another long season.

Stat Predictions

Jason Campbell: 19-29, 215 Yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Darren McFadden: 22 Carries, 88 Yards, 3 Receptions, 30 Yards 1 TD
Zach Miller: 5 Catches, 65 Yards, 1 TD
Louis Murphy: 4 Catches, 54 Yards
Darrius Heyward-Bey: 3 catches, 38 yards

Final Score Prediction

Raiders: 20
Titans: 26

In the end CJ is just to big of a test this early. I think we play well, and show signs of improvement its just not enough.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I think we lose this one but in a close, defensive, hard hitting game. The Titans have the lethal weapon we lack on offense and it gives them the edge. 16-13 Titans.

The only weapon that team has is Chris Johnson. Kenny Britt isn't starting and might be deactivated, leaving Nate Washington and Justin Gage as the starters at WR, 2 very average WR's that our defense shouldn't have a problem containing. Same goes for Bo Scaiffe.

If, and of course this is a HUGE if, we can contain Chris Johnson to only around 100 yards rushing, and make them make Vince Young beat us, I like our chances.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there was ever a time that McFadden needed to have a game like he did his rookie year against the cheifs...its this game!
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

The only weapon that team has is Chris Johnson. Kenny Britt isn't starting and might be deactivated, leaving Nate Washington and Justin Gage as the starters at WR, 2 very average WR's that our defense shouldn't have a problem containing. Same goes for Bo Scaiffe.

If, and of course this is a HUGE if, we can contain Chris Johnson to only around 100 yards rushing, and make them make Vince Young beat us, I like our chances.

Indeed but that's one more weapon than us. I think we will be able to contain CJ for most of the game but with 5 new starters on the front 7, this D might not be quite ready to do so for a whole game against the best RB in the league. Obviously, i hope i'm wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

Jump to: