You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Senior Bowl Reply with quote

This will be something we should all keep an eye on, but there is some bad news. There are other posts about this in the NFL Draft forum, but this is realted to Dolphins interests only.

-Brodie Croyle weighed in at just 200 pounds.

-Charlie Whitehurst looked great at 6-4 and 216 pounds, whole Cutler weighed in at a healthy 6-2,223.

-Martin nance, who Backwoods said we were looking at, came in at 6-3 and 208. If he has good speed, he could be a great prospect.

-Daryn Colledge, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and Davin Joseph weighed in very well, while Chalres Spencer, Max Jean Gilles, and Will Allen could lose some fat. Also, Winston supposedly looked good, as he can add on easy.

-I didn't hear much about defense, but I hear that Parys Haralson, Manny Lawson, and Kamerion Wimbley looked good, but seem to project better at DE-OLB. I heard good things about D'Qwell Jackson and Chad Greenway. Greg Blue, Will Blackmon, Jahmile Addae, Darrell Hunter, and Tye Hill also looked good. I also hear that pat Watkins, Demario Minter, and Roman Harper seemed to lack strength.

Anyone else hear anything?
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tye Hill make the biggest impacttoday. He's a 1st round pick rite now.

Jay Cutler was picked off by Hill.

Whitehurst wasnt too impressive from what I'v heard.

Tamba Hali did better than Kiwanuka but guess who Kiwanuka was against..

You guessed it D' Brik.

Dolphins Fan
K_LO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taped the North's practice today, and will watch it later. I only got to catch about 20 minutes of it before I had to split. From what I saw though, I was pretty impressed w/ a couple of players.

In 1:1 drills, I saw Tamba Hali embarass Jeremy Trueblood and Nick Mangold destroy some D-Lineman (I'll see who it was). Will Blackmon looked weak at CB, while Tye Hill looked impressive. Also, Daniel Bullocks (Nebraska) looked very good at Safety.

That's all for now, but I'll report back later.
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FSU NEWS: Leon Washington looked better than any other player this weekend said scouts (By far! Dont forget he was projected as a late first rounder before the start of the season) ... But as for news today: Pat Watkins does lack strength. If he was strong, and I mean built... he would be like Sean Taylor!
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of those that missed the practice, or want to watch some of it... 8:30 on NFL Network... 30 minutes of it!
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone else that doesn't know where the height and weight analysis came from.. here it is...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/seniorbowl/reports/weighin.html
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for doin reports cuz im at skool till 4 and my parents dont get nfl network so thanks for doing this.
K_LO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow up to my previous post:

Nick Mangold looked very good. While we've shared our sentiments on Hadnot staying pat at Center, I wouldn't be sad if we grabbed Mangold in the right situation. The guy he pushed around in 1:1 drills was Dusty Dvoracek, a very capable DT from Oklahoma. He also took on Oshinowo from Stanford very well.

Maurice Stovall looked good to me. He ran sharp, aggressive routes. I like his size and ability to create a high average of yards per catch.

Jay Cutler looked very good to me. The flaws that were mentioned are easy to correct. He has a cannon of an arm and reads coverages very well. Whitehurst looked nowhere close to him in terms of talent.

Daniell Bullocks was a stud at Safety. If we haven't gotten a S by round 3 and he's around, we should seriously think about taking him.

Daryn Colledge looked very good as well. He went up against Kiwi and performed better than expected. He is well deserving of the high rankings he's been receiving.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that Gabe Watson has looked extremely good. Everyone was impressed with his physique, and also his ability against the run block.
FF Member #1000
K_LO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
I have heard that Gabe Watson has looked extremely good. Everyone was impressed with his physique, and also his ability against the run block.

Cripes...that's one of the 2 guys I forgot to mention. He was a beast in the middle. IMO, he's improving his draft stock significantly. I've seen boards that have him 5th behind Ngata, Bunkley, Wroten and Wright. After this week, I believe he'll move into the 2nd spot.

The other guy I forgot to mention is WR Travis Wilson - Oklahoma. His route running was great and he showed awesome hands. He'll move up the boards too I think.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Giles (G out of Georgia) has been a major dissappointment. Reports I hear is he is fat, sloppy looking and slow. He weighed in at 360 and scouts are turned off by his weight because he could balloon out of control if not careful.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

= Dolphins have shown some interest in Gabe Watson, along with most of the other teams. Watson has greatly improved his draft stock right now, and it could already be up to a first round pick.
= Jay Cutler is already improving his stock.
FF Member #1000
js

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espn just finished showing the south practice, i just missed it, anyone see it?
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I heard a few interesting things:

-Derek Hagan as looked like crap. He could fall far if he doesn't start cathing the ball better.

-Sinorice Moss has caught the ball very well. He has great hands.

-Saban has met with Jay Cutler.

-Demeco Ryans is a bit slow. He has the best instincts of the bunch, but he might not make it in the NFL. I doubt he'd fir in our system anyway at his size. I can't see him putting on weight and not losing even more speed.
K_LO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
OK, I heard a few interesting things:

-Derek Hagan as looked like crap. He could fall far if he doesn't start cathing the ball better.

-Sinorice Moss has caught the ball very well. He has great hands.

-Saban has met with Jay Cutler.

-Demeco Ryans is a bit slow. He has the best instincts of the bunch, but he might not make it in the NFL. I doubt he'd fir in our system anyway at his size. I can't see him putting on weight and not losing even more speed.

Hagan did look bad. He doesn't even look like a top 10 WR prospect right now. To boot, his 40-time is nothing to brag about.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: