Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Record For 05-06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weril

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Lions Record For 05-06 Reply with quote

The Lions WILL sign Jeff Garcia in the offseason

Lions Will Go 10-6 BUT Half Way Through the Season They Bench Joey Harrington And Start Jeff Garcia[/b]
amaru0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-6 with a quarterback switch at the halfway point? Thats tough. To bench Joey, they would have to be doing pretty poorly, otherwise they stick with whats working. That means they have to be no better than probably 3-5 after 8 games, which means then Garcia would come in and go 7-1? He can't do that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
A2Wolves6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how a team can change quarterbacks midway through the season, and go 10-6.
Footballs Future member #10
russellt1229

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he just forgot to say how harrington broke his leg, so garcia had to come in and lead us to the playoffs....no seriously, id be happy no matter what to at least get to 8-8 this season, it doesnt matter who the qb is
Dionosys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I will be happy to just improve in the win column. Millen said 5 years right? 5 years to completely overhaul a team and you'll start to see the fruits of that labor in 5 years. Well this is year 5 so if they improve yet again then I can't say he's wrong. If they hit 8-8 however, I will see it as a failure. nothing short of 9-7 to keep his job. You can't dismantle and rebuild a team easily and to have done it this well in 4 years is pretty good. But I think this year they have got to make that leap back into the .500+ zone. They have a good salary cap situation, a nice, young, locked up core of players, and still another year with a top 10 pick.

My prediction, even with FA and the draft, 8-8, he just don't make the cut in 5 years.
amaru0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's done a hell of a job rebuilding this team, bringing in quality players and coaches. I think the problem is, he got screwed at QB. He drafted Harrington thinking he was a franchise quarterback and when he didn't make the cut, its held us back a lot. Keep in mind, all of the experts said he was going to be an excellent NFL quarterback, so we can't really fault Millen. A good quarterback wins most of those close games last year, and suddenly we're 10-6 or so.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: