Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EDIT: Old article about Loggains
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mockstairwell


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 370
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregg Williams anyone?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOneWayRoad


Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 1359
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
MrOneWayRoad wrote:

No thanks. I think if we got Dennis Green, we'd probably be getting an offensive version of Fisher, only not as good. I'd want someone who's younger, fresher, and has a high ceiling. I think Green maxed out back in '98. And even though he has put together some really good teams in the past, he's never gotten them over the hump. Sound familiar? But i will say that at least Fisher's gotten his team to a Super Bowl. Green can't even say that. IMO, it wouldn't even be a lateral move to get Dennis Green after Jeff Fisher.


Honestly, I can respect your argument and accept your points, especially the stuff I have in bold. I do like the thought of some young new blood getting a shot if/when the time comes. After all, that's how we got Fisher, only he was promoted from within. I do like that Kyle Shannahan kid myself should we ever go that route. But I'd still like to at least add Dennis Green to our scouting team in some way because he'll find the talent. The thing is, after 15 years of enduring Fisher's philosophy (and I'm not taking any shots at him here), I'm really just ready to see something new...a lot more wide open and cutting edge on both sides of the ball. More explosiveness in the passing game to match the run game, and a real mean streak in our defense, mostly that front 7. Know what I mean?


I completely agree on the "try something new". But the thing is, with Heimerdinger, our offense usually is more explosive than without. We've had some high powered passing attacks before with Dinger at the helm. i.e. McNair's '02 and '03 years weren't shabby at all. I hope Coach Heimerdinger is around for a long time, because I firmly believe that we will see VY reach his full potential if that is the case. Dinger is just the perfect compliment to Fisher's system. He is great with QBs, and will keep the offense open enough to where it doesn't seem like we're playing in the 1940's. And Fisher will still make sure this team is tough, especially in the trenches, which always helps our running game and defense. I really like the way our coaching staff is currently structured, and I think it gives us the best shot at a championship that we will have as long as Fisher is around.
_________________


Last edited by MrOneWayRoad on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TD VinceYoung =


Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 6726
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mockstairwell wrote:
Gregg Williams anyone?


idk how he'd run an offense though i could picture him being a norm chow type.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IONDragonX


Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Posts: 4591
Location: Brentwood, TN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie Frazier would be the only person I'd want to replace Fish. (Not that I want to)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.AirMcNair.


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 2430
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IONDragonX wrote:
Leslie Frazier would be the only person I'd want to replace Fish. (Not that I want to)


Yeah.. It's pretty damn ridiculous anyone wants to replace Fisher here...

You ask any fans of any teams outside of the Titans, any players, any analysts, and they'll all agree Fisher is a top 5 coach in this league.

We've got some pretty delusional fans who, for whatever reason, think we'd do better by getting rid of one of the best coaches in the league. It's a joke, really.
_________________

^Deadpulse On The Awesomeness^
Adopt A Titan:
Rob Bironas
Shaun Smith
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IONDragonX


Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Posts: 4591
Location: Brentwood, TN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.AirMcNair. wrote:
IONDragonX wrote:
Leslie Frazier would be the only person I'd want to replace Fish. (Not that I want to)
Yeah.. It's pretty damn ridiculous anyone wants to replace Fisher here...
You ask any fans of any teams outside of the Titans, any players, any analysts, and they'll all agree Fisher is a top 5 coach in this league.
We've got some pretty delusional fans who, for whatever reason, think we'd do better by getting rid of one of the best coaches in the league. It's a joke, really.

I always remind myself of what happened with Tony Dungy in Tampa Bay. Dungy was a SB caliber HC but they fired him because they lost patience. Undeterred, he went to Indianapolis, had the same struggles, but overcame and will now be a contender for the HOF. Meanwhile, Dungy's replacement in TB cashed in on success that he didn't earn, failed to fill Dungy's shoes, and the team that Dungy built dissolved.
Don't do that to my Titans, bro.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 27171
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I always remind myself of what happened with Tony Dungy in Tampa Bay. Dungy was a SB caliber HC but they fired him because they lost patience. Undeterred, he went to Indianapolis, had the same struggles, but overcame and will now be a contender for the HOF. Meanwhile, Dungy's replacement in TB cashed in on success that he didn't earn, failed to fill Dungy's shoes, and the team that Dungy built dissolved.
Don't do that to my Titans, bro.

I love how people always point to Gruden's SB as a product of the "team Dungy built." Tampa had patience with Dungy. They were a 10-6 team in Dungy's second year, they went 11-5 in 1999 and won a playoff game and followed that up with a 10-6 year in which they didn't win a playoff game and then a 9-7 season in which they didn't win a playoff game. That's not lacking patience, it is noticing regression and making a move, which clearly worked as they won a SB the year after he left.

The 2002 Bucs had a 34-year old Brad Johnson at QB, Michael Pittman at RB, a 32-year old Keenan McCardell and a 30-year old Keyshawn at WR. On defense John Lynch was on the downside of his career, as was Warren Sapp. The fact is, Dungy was given players in the prime of their careers in 1999, 2000 and 2001, and failed to win a title, yet Gruden stepped in and capitalized just before going through a transition period.

Dungy was fortunate to step into the job of a lifetime with Peyton in Indy and continued to disappoint in the playoffs until winning once.

Blaming the decline after the Super Bowl on Gruden is the equivalent of blaming 2004 and 2005 on Jeff. We took our shot at the SB in 02 and 03, unfortunately we didn't have a Gruden type coach to actually finish the job.

Note: I don't even want Jeff gone, I like him as a coach, just tired of this patience idea. By my count, Jeff has had one of the best teams in the league five times and that has equaled one SB appearance and zero trophies. If we go 7-9 this year, I would not mind finding our own Gruden.

Edit:: One more point. Gruden was the Raiders' coach before going to Tampa, the same Raiders Tampa beat in the SB. If anyone "cashed in on success he didn't earn" it was Bill Callahan, hell Gruden not only coached the team that won the Super Bowl after never advancing past the Divisional Round under Dungy, he also built the AFC champion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wasn't attempting to "repalce" Fisher with this thread.

It was more to call attention to what seems like an upcoming coach who is already on staff. Say we have a great offensive season, someone will give Dinger HC thoughts and maybe this guy could be a replacement.

If so, I can see when Fisher steps down and we are succesful with our offensive this guy eased into the spot like they did in Indy with Dungy and Caldwell.

I don't think Fisher is going anywhere in the next 3-4 years unless we win a Super Bowl or two, or we have a complete bust of a season.

But, that was my intent. just to give some discussion to what people might think of that scenario.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chadpole69


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 7173
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IONDragonX wrote:
.AirMcNair. wrote:
IONDragonX wrote:
Leslie Frazier would be the only person I'd want to replace Fish. (Not that I want to)
Yeah.. It's pretty damn ridiculous anyone wants to replace Fisher here...
You ask any fans of any teams outside of the Titans, any players, any analysts, and they'll all agree Fisher is a top 5 coach in this league.
We've got some pretty delusional fans who, for whatever reason, think we'd do better by getting rid of one of the best coaches in the league. It's a joke, really.

I always remind myself of what happened with Tony Dungy in Tampa Bay. Dungy was a SB caliber HC but they fired him because they lost patience. Undeterred, he went to Indianapolis, had the same struggles, but overcame and will now be a contender for the HOF. Meanwhile, Dungy's replacement in TB cashed in on success that he didn't earn, failed to fill Dungy's shoes, and the team that Dungy built dissolved.
Don't do that to my Titans, bro.

If Caldwell continues to be successful with Manning does this take away from Dungy's Super Bowl
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Bump* Only because it was an old article bout Loggains..

EDIT: Sorry looks like the link is dead..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4148
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading through this reminded me of how promising we looked at the end of the 09 season/heading in to 2010 season.

Vince Young just had to screw it all up though. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 27171
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey look, pre-moderator titans0021 making an appearance. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 38247
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy old thread bump, Batman!
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ockham


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 3240
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link is dead
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group