Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the 2005 draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNorona

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: the 2005 draft Reply with quote

Although picking up the local boy Aaron Rodgers is very tempting, I think it would be a huge mistake for the 49ers. Tim Rattay is a decent quaterback that could fit perfectly into our new west coast offense. To me, the niners should trade the #1 overall pick in the draft for either the Cowboy's pair of first rounders. The 'boys desperately need a QB and Rodgers could be their guy. However, Parcells has always said that he prefers the veteran quaterback so they may pick up Drew Bledsoe, who has already worked with him. If they do sign Bledsoe, the niners can still trade the pick to the San Diego Chargers. I doubt this will happen because they are stacked at QB and have LT, the best running back in the game right now. Another tempting possiblity is trading the pick to the Arizona Cardinals who would not mind picking up a quarterback for the future. Although they love McCown, im sure they wouldn't mind Rodgers.

Best case scenario: Niners trade pick to the 'boys and draft the highly recruited Alex Barron [tackle] out of Florida State with the 11th overall pick (or Jammal Brown[tackle] if Barron is already taken) and either Elton Brown [guard], David Baas [guard], or Thomas Davis[FS] with the 20th overall pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: