Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-season Week 2 GDT - New York Gmen vs the Steelers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34541
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Pre-season Week 2 GDT - New York Gmen vs the Steelers Reply with quote

Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-season Game Two Game Day Thread

It's the New York Giants



Hosting your Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!



Location/Time
Aug. 21, 2010, at 7 p.m. at the New Meadowlands Stadium


2010 Draft Results for the New York Giants
1st round DE Jason Pierre-Paul
2nd round DT Joseph Linval
3rd round S Chad Jones (has since been released)
4th Round LB Phillip Dillard
5th Round OG Mitch Petrus
6th Round LB Adrian Tracy
7th Round P Matt Dodge

2010 Draft Results for your Pittsburgh Steelers

1st Round - C/G Maurkice Pouncey
2nd Round - OLB Jason Worilds
3rd Round - WR Emmanuel Sanders
4th Round - OLB Thaddeus Gibson
5th Round (1) - OT Chris Scott
5th Round (2) - CB Crezdon Butler
5th Round (3) - LB Stevenson Sylvester
6th Round (1) - RB Jonathan Dwyer
6th Round (2) - WR Antonio Brown
7th Round - DE Doug Worthington

This is more than just a pre-season game to a few players....

Jason Pierre-Paul - JPP was a mid-first round selection in this past draft by the Giants. Although he is in the mix of possibly the best DE group in the league, he still has a lot to prove. Many scouts questioned his true talent because of his emergence after the success of former linemate and now NFL player George Selvie. Can JPP prove that his success was his own talent? Or will he prove that he was nothing more than the product of opponents gameplans for his former linemate?

Osi Umenyiora - After having a career year in 2007, which ended in the Giants winning the Super Bowl, Umenyiora missed the 08 campaign with a serious injury. Osi hasn't bee the same since. After a very disappointing 2009, many believe that Umenyiora is on the downfall of his career. Not only did the Giants bench Osi during his 09 season, but they followed that gesture up by drafting a young DE in the first round. Umenyiora needs to step up early in this season, or he could be watching the rest of it from the sidelines.

William Beatty - Beatty was a 2009 2nd round selection for the Giants. Currently, Beatty has a chance to become the starting LT for the Giants, as word as been looming around that the Giants have thought of moving LT David Diehl to LG, and replacing LG Rich Seubert. Currently, it would seem like it is Beatty's job to lose, but with a recent injury to Seubert, it seems like all Beatty has to prove, is he is capable of the job for the long run.

Maurkice Pouncey - Pouncey was the first selection for the Steelers this year, but he seems to have a lot on his shoulders. Pouncey is coming into possibly the most respected franchise in the league, in hopes that he will be the savior of an already troubled offensive line. Pouncey has been given an opportunity of a lifetime as being the leader and the start of a new line for the highly-touted franchise. Can Pouncey prove that he can be the savior for the offense? Or will he crack under pressure?

Isaac Redman - Redman was an undrafted signing by the Steelers following the 2009 draft. Although Redman showed promise as a bruiser back for the Steelers, the depth of Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore, and Willie Parker made it impossible for Redman to make the team. After spending the campaign on the Steelers practice squad, Redman has returned this year as a possibly for the Steelers for 2010. With the four to six game suspension of Pro Bowl quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and the departure of Willie Parker, the Steelers need some new depth in their running game. Can Redman prove himself as an NFL running back? Or is he destined to be back on the practice squad?

Pre-season results


Steelers are 1-0 after a 23-7 home win against the Detroit Lions.
Giants however, have yet to play a game yet at this point. They will travel to play the New York Jets Aug. 16, at 8 p.m. EST (On ESPN)
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilentQ


Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 776
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will travel to play the Jets?
I don't think they are packing their bags for that trip.


Good write up Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34541
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilentQ wrote:
They will travel to play the Jets?
I don't think they are packing their bags for that trip.


Good write up Very Happy


Yeah I know, but what else could I say? They were taking a bike trip? Laughing

Thanks for the feedback Cool
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47307
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping to see Dixon, Redman, Pouncey, Lewis and Ziggs playing with the first team this week, to really see what they got.

Playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers doesnt tell me anything.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12Clutch7


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 959
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Hoping to see Dixon, Redman, Pouncey, Lewis and Ziggs playing with the first team this week, to really see what they got.

Playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers doesnt tell me anything.


Since you mentioned Pouncey, at least the rookies are beating down the competition, the ones who have shown promise. As opposed to players like Willie Reid and Coke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47307
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12Clutch7 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Hoping to see Dixon, Redman, Pouncey, Lewis and Ziggs playing with the first team this week, to really see what they got.

Playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers doesnt tell me anything.


Since you mentioned Pouncey, at least the rookies are beating down the competition, the ones who have shown promise. As opposed to players like Willie Reid and Coke.


The rookies definitely have looked solid, but still, I cant get too excited over one preseason game against backups, regardless of who is playing or how good they looked.

Makes me more optimistic, but not giddy with excitement like some people get.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34541
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Makes me more optimistic, but not giddy with excitement like some people get.


Or calling for Mendenhall's head/Redman to be the starter Rolling Eyes


Laughing
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47307
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Makes me more optimistic, but not giddy with excitement like some people get.


Or calling for Mendenhall's head/Redman to be the starter Rolling Eyes


Laughing


Haha...that too.

Happens every year though.

I remember before 2008, our defense looked mediocre in the preseason (as it does most years because we play a fairly vanilla defense most of the time), and there were several Steeler fans saying that Aaron Smith should be benched because he didnt look that great.

Im not saying no one should worry about Mendenhall, but aside from MAYBE hanging on to the football and short yardage runs, Redman does absolutely nothing else better than Mendy, and its ridiculous to even consider starting him.

Even if we lost Mendenhall for the year, I wouldnt want Redman starting.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6835
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

I totally agree. I dont think Redman would start over Moore anyway but I dont see him as a feature back.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12Clutch7


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 959
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
12Clutch7 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Hoping to see Dixon, Redman, Pouncey, Lewis and Ziggs playing with the first team this week, to really see what they got.

Playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers doesnt tell me anything.


Since you mentioned Pouncey, at least the rookies are beating down the competition, the ones who have shown promise. As opposed to players like Willie Reid and Coke.


The rookies definitely have looked solid, but still, I cant get too excited over one preseason game against backups, regardless of who is playing or how good they looked.

Makes me more optimistic, but not giddy with excitement like some people get.


Oh agreed, not giddy so much as, really freaking glad to see confident receivers as opposed to Sweed, and rookies stepping up as opposed to the ones I mentioned before.

And finally, it's just nice to see positive things after this nightmare of an off-season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10570
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12Clutch7 wrote:

And finally, it's just nice to see positive things after this nightmare of an off-season.


No truer words.
_________________


Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6835
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
12Clutch7 wrote:

And finally, it's just nice to see positive things after this nightmare of an off-season.


No truer words.


Yes indeed.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbelan2343


Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 9170
Location: Steeler's Nation - On the Stairway to Seven
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
^^^

I totally agree. I dont think Redman would start over Moore anyway but I dont see him as a feature back.

If we lost Mendenhall for the year, *knock*, I wouldn't be opposed of Redman at RB1. I just feel he's the better suited player as a two down back. It's a bold and and pretty much an unsupported opinion, but I just don't feel we would get enough production out of Moore combined with whoever our 3rd down back would be in that scenario. At worst, I would want Moore and Redman alternating drives.

I just feel that Moore has strived when he creates opportunities with his consistency and precision. Mainly in spread and passing situations. Not out of our base offense when he's forced into touches.

Please don't mistake this post as a Redman > Mendenhall argument. Personally I feel Mendenhall should be pushed into a more of a three down back role this season.
_________________
Irish 11 wrote:
If the Ravens were playing Al Qaida, I'd be all "Go Osama!"
flyers0909 wrote:
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47307
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who wouldve been a good Steeler? Brett Favre!

Sorry...just a John Madden Family Guy moment.

FOOTBALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34541
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
You know who wouldve been a good Steeler? Brett Favre!

Sorry...just a John Madden Family Guy moment.
FOOTBALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!


We need more Brett Favre!?!


_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group