Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Plaxico Burress to the FINS?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think Miami will pick up Plaxico??
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 20

Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Plaxico Burress to the FINS?!?!? Reply with quote

I was watching NFL total access this morning and an analyst came on talking about Plaxico's future. He said that he wants to go to a team with a warm climate, good TE, and a good RB. He said that San Diego would fit that category, but that he would most likely go to Atlanta or Miami. He went on to say that plaxico has already worked with Saban in the past and he owns a house in Miami. I say get rid of Boston and Booker, pick up Plaxico. Although this isn't a need for the dolphins, and isn't very likely that he will end up in Miami, It would be awesome to see Chambers and Burress work the DB's. It would take a lot of pressure off of Feeley and a RB from the draft.
Do you guys think it is a possibility???
QB: Feeley RB: Benson/Brown/Williams TE: McMichael WR: Burress, Chambers.

Offensive problems solved (EXCEPT LT)
FF Member #1000
sox2004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he would be great,but its real hard to see with all the holes we need to fill..i really think booker isnt given enough credit,hes a pro bowler also,and he could have a breakout year,seeing that we will have a coach who can actually design an offence,and we will have a back to be respected,might aloww these guys alittle more time to get open
Fire_In_The_Nole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see us get him and get rid of Boston (who is on ROIDS) why do you want someone like that on your team. Boston just has issues that this team just doesn't need.
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Good thoughts Reply with quote

Dude (Backwoodsboy65), I really like the way you think. I don't always agree with you but I like the effort that appears to go into the thought process.

I'm thinking that if the Dolphins are going to add a WR then it should be Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. A guy like Burress would only cost too much money and would only return about the same level of production as Chris Chambers has over the past two seasons (i.e., good but not great). Additionally, Burress has "attitude" issues and there's also the fact that he'll be coming into a totally foreign offense (Linehan's west coast hybrid).

I'd say keep Chambers and Booker (at least for this year). If the team does spend a high round pick on a WR, it would be with the idea that he'd eventually replace Booker.
wrayce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if chambers had a good Qb the past three years he would have had good numbers

My signature gallery
frankmoore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrayce wrote:
well if chambers had a good Qb the past three years he would have had good numbers

I can't believe I'm actually about to write this, but the biggest problem with Miami's offense the last three years hasn't been Jay Fiedler -- it's the damn offensive system. Under the Wannstedt/Turner offense, the whole passing was a joke.

I'm not saying that a better QB wouldn't have helped Chambers put up better numbers, but it's hard for a WR to produce when the play calling is 1st down - Run, 2nd down - Run, 3rd down - pass if you have to but we'd really rather Run.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think the Dolphins should waste there money on him. Coles is a better receiver and I would after him.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd have to agree with you. Jay Fiedler has done as best as he could with the system he was given. You can't ask much from a quarterback that was a backup for at least 3 other teams, then you throw him in as a starter after Marino leaves. Fiedler wasn't the problem, it was Wanny. Fiedler will make a great backup QB wherever he goes. From what I have read, he wants to go to the Jets and backup Chad Pennington. Can you say that you would not like to have Fiedler as a backup QB?
FF Member #1000
frankmoore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
i'd have to agree with you. Jay Fiedler has done as best as he could with the system he was given. You can't ask much from a quarterback that was a backup for at least 3 other teams, then you throw him in as a starter after Marino leaves.
Absolutely. Let's also not forget that he didn't look all that bad as a QB while he was running Chan Gailey's offense.

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
Fiedler will make a great backup QB wherever he goes. From what I have read, he wants to go to the Jets and backup Chad Pennington. Can you say that you would not like to have Fiedler as a backup QB?

Not that it's a title I'd love to have, but I think we can safely call him the best backup QB in football. And if I were a head coach, I'd want him on my team, if not for any other reason that he's a very intelligent football player.
soxfin22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should just get.booker back

but we would need to get a 3rd guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: