Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't C.J. Talk! (TABT III)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billzz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: This Ain't C.J. Talk! (TABT III) Reply with quote

With the other threads both reaching one hundred, I wanted to be the one to start the next one Twisted Evil

This Ain't Bills Talk! (Part I)

This Ain't Bills Talk! (Part II)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about the lockout. If the NFL does indeed lockout, does that mean we will have two drafts? Would we still have the draft in 2011 and then have one in 2012 without playing a down of football in between? If there isn't a draft in 2011 then what happens to the seniors that year. Do they go to the UFL for a year or do they sit out a year until the 2012 draft? If there is two drafts in a row, that could help put the Bills on top again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
I have a question about the lockout. If the NFL does indeed lockout, does that mean we will have two drafts? Would we still have the draft in 2011 and then have one in 2012 without playing a down of football in between? If there isn't a draft in 2011 then what happens to the seniors that year. Do they go to the UFL for a year or do they sit out a year until the 2012 draft? If there is two drafts in a row, that could help put the Bills on top again.

You bring up a good point. My guess would be that the seniors have a choice to either sit out a year, or play in the UFL. All I know is that a lockout would really suck for everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: This Ain't C.J. Talk! (TABT III) Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
With the other threads both reaching one hundred

Think

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

There would be one draft as usual, it just may not be at the same time (might happen earlier than April from what I've heard). They would go about the draft process as usual.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

There would be one draft as usual, it just may not be at the same time (might happen earlier than April from what I've heard). They would go about the draft process as usual.

I think what he is asking, at least the way I am understanding it, is what about the guys who would be drafted in 2012? I understand there would still be the draft for 2011, but what about for 2012? There will still be a college football season, and guys declaring for the draft as they usually would, but would there still be an NFL draft, even if no NFL football had been played in 2011?
Also, let's just say, for argument's sake, that we have the 2011 draft, then have a lockout, then a 2012 draft, then football returns. Would the players from both drafts be considered rookies?
I don't have the answers to either of these questions, but I am very curious as well.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
billzz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: This Ain't C.J. Talk! (TABT III) Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
billzz wrote:

Think

whats that face about?

one hundred pages.. or 99 and and 12 posts.. for the 2nd one to be more exact. 2 more posts and we would reach the 100th page.

-And to marshawn lynch thats a good question, I would assume their would only be one draft, and it would be in 2012..

could you imagine the amount of talent in the unsigned FA pool if the drafts combine?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I think what he is asking, at least the way I am understanding it, is what about the guys who would be drafted in 2012? I understand there would still be the draft for 2011, but what about for 2012? There will still be a college football season, and guys declaring for the draft as they usually would, but would there still be an NFL draft, even if no NFL football had been played in 2011?
Also, let's just say, for argument's sake, that we have the 2011 draft, then have a lockout, then a 2012 draft, then football returns. Would the players from both drafts be considered rookies?
I don't have the answers to either of these questions, but I am very curious as well.

Yes there will be a draft in 2012 as well. I would assume that they would either keep the same draft order as the 2011 draft, or maybe they would do a lottery type deal to randomize the order. I hope we don't have to find out though lol. The NFL is king, and I personally don't see any way that they let the 2011 season not take place.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: This Ain't C.J. Talk! (TABT III) Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
billzz wrote:

Think

whats that face about?

one hundred pages.. or 99 and and 12 posts.. for the 2nd one to be more exact. 2 more posts and we would reach the 100th page.

Just messin' with ya billzz.

...and actually I believe the thread would need four more posts to reach 100 pages. 15 posts per page, 3 more to fill up page 99 and one more to get to 100. Wink

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
billzz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: This Ain't C.J. Talk! (TABT III) Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
billzz wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
billzz wrote:

Think

whats that face about?

...and actually I believe the thread would need four more posts to reach 100 pages. 15 posts per page, 3 more to fill up page 99 and one more to get to 100. Wink

ya ya.. wheres Max when you need him Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Yes there will be a draft in 2012 as well. I would assume that they would either keep the same draft order as the 2011 draft, or maybe they would do a lottery type deal to randomize the order. I hope we don't have to find out though lol. The NFL is king, and I personally don't see any way that they let the 2011 season not take place.

So there will be pretty much two drafts in a row with out playing a down of football in between. That could shake up the whole NFL if a few teams have good drafts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

So there will be pretty much two drafts in a row with out playing a down of football in between. That could shake up the whole NFL if a few teams have good drafts.

The trickiest part could be the contracts in these 2 drafts (if a lockout were to happen). If there are no rookie wage scales in place b/c the CBA has yet to be established, it could really set some teams back, especially if they don't draft well. If we pick say at 10 or so, we might be able to get 2 blue chip players that could really help this team. Hopefully we don't have to see this take place though. No football in 2011 = disaster IMO.

Grachuus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion the perfect storm of terrible is here. New Commissioner and a new Players association negotiator makes for tough sell. I don't think either side is stupid enough to really push it to a strike but you never can tell. They'll have killed the golden goose if they do.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: This Ain't C.J. Talk! (TABT III) Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
billzz wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
billzz wrote:

Think

whats that face about?

Max has actually been pulling 12 hour work days last week and this week, so I apologize for not being on here as often as I should Embarassed

Adopt-A-Bills:
billzz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: This Ain't C.J. Talk! (TABT III) Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
billzz wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
billzz wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
billzz wrote:

Think

whats that face about?

Max has actually been pulling 12 hour work days last week and this week, so I apologize for not being on here as often as I should Embarassed

how do you know we were talking about you?

im jk. but keep on lettin' those money stacks rise.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: