Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WWE Network
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: WWE Network Reply with quote

I used to love wrestling as a young teen, but haven't followed it since 2003 or so.....i did however sign up for the free November on the WWE network.

Its pretty sweet, comes with access to every WWE, ECW and WCW pay per view from the past 20 years. I have been going back and watching old royal rumbles, wrestle manias and so forth
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havnt watched since 2003 also, but I might get this just to watch the old ppvs.
I see a guy that has a great attitude and spirit, but I don't see (and I have never seen) a top-10 all-time QB. I see a guy who has ridden that team, and is a product of Belichick and another person in the shadows :lol:
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...2003 seems to be the year alot of people stopped watching, including myself.

I guess you could classify that as the year everything about the Attitude Era pretty much came to an end. Stone Cold retired, Rock left pretty much for good, and they oversold Triple H nonstop.

I was in the military at the time and I remember from about mid 2002 to mid 2003, every Monday night I would order a pizza and watch Raw, and then order most of the pay per views.

Then I remember the storylines just started getting horrible, and I remember I stopped watching around the time Triple H and Kane were feuding and Triple H accused Kane of necrophilia or something and that was about it for me. I really havent watched it at all since....tuned in at times just to see I wasnt missing anything.

That being said, I still do enjoy watching old matches from the 90s and early 2000s...but you can watch most of them on Youtube.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want it just so I can watch the first two tlc matches over again. The summerslam and then wrestlemania one including the hardys, Dudley, and e&c.
I see a guy that has a great attitude and spirit, but I don't see (and I have never seen) a top-10 all-time QB. I see a guy who has ridden that team, and is a product of Belichick and another person in the shadows :lol:
Ambrose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Network is awesome. Watch all the current PPV's on it, past PPV's, and catch NXT (WWE's development system) on Thursday nights when I'm not busy.

NextBigThing wrote:

Everyone knows I am an honest, dedicated and objective realist.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Wow...2003 seems to be the year alot of people stopped watching, including myself.

I guess you could classify that as the year everything about the Attitude Era pretty much came to an end. Stone Cold retired, Rock left pretty much for good, and they oversold Triple H nonstop.

I was in the military at the time and I remember from about mid 2002 to mid 2003, every Monday night I would order a pizza and watch Raw, and then order most of the pay per views.

Then I remember the storylines just started getting horrible, and I remember I stopped watching around the time Triple H and Kane were feuding and Triple H accused Kane of necrophilia or something and that was about it for me. I really havent watched it at all since....tuned in at times just to see I wasnt missing anything.

That being said, I still do enjoy watching old matches from the 90s and early 2000s...but you can watch most of them on Youtube.
Same for me. Lost interest around 2003. I usually get interested come the royal rumble and then through WM but otherwise I don't follow it much at all.

As for the network, I've had it since day one and it is very nice. Besides the obvious video library of past PPV's and shows, the countdown shows, Legends of roundtable, Monday Night Wars and Rivalry shows are all well worth the price. You get so much for so little. Now that they've gotten rid of the 6th month commitment, it's even more appealing. I probably won't be continuing my service after my 6th month commitment comes to an end (was locked into my 2n 6th month commitment before they got rid of it) but it's simply because I don't watch it enough. Ask me if the WWE Network is worth 9.99 and I'd say easily worth it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I think I stopped watching around 03 too. I was way into sports by then.

I have the Network and love going through the old stuff though.

Props to Eggy
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have noticed from going back and watching late 90s stuff is that the WCW pay per views sucked compared to the WWF.....I know the WCW won the ratings war for like 2 years during the NWO period, but the main event matches were all like 10 minutes long, and they were all recycled guys from WWF

seriously if you watch WWF from 1988-1992 and then watch wcw from 1992-1996 you basically get the same storylines

NWO did change the game, but the pay per views were still terrible
Carrer marks:
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the WWE has gone downhill the past few yrs. The networks good though to relive old memories.
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent watched it regularly since 2008 or 2009.

Its gone downhill since 2005. Attitude era was obviously the best. Undertaker's "Rollin" entrance with the bike, the Rock in his prime.

The only way I would watch it again is if Cena turns heel but thats NEVER happening.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
One thing I have noticed from going back and watching late 90s stuff is that the WCW pay per views sucked compared to the WWF.....I know the WCW won the ratings war for like 2 years during the NWO period, but the main event matches were all like 10 minutes long, and they were all recycled guys from WWF

seriously if you watch WWF from 1988-1992 and then watch wcw from 1992-1996 you basically get the same storylines

NWO did change the game, but the pay per views were still terrible

They were recycled, but they were all guys that still had alot of star power. And the NWO angle was executed perfectly...at least until they recruited every jobber to be a member.

And while I only watched a few LIVE PPVs prior to 2002, I agree that the WCW PPVs were pretty weak. I watched a couple that my friends brother ordered back in high school, and they were just meh.

Some of the WWE ones were just awesome....although watching the old stuff just makes me realize how terrible todays wrestlers are....not just in ring stuff but also in terms of mic skills and charisma/personality.

He Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing WWF clearly had over WCW was the ring entrances and theme songs. Seems like even the jobbers in WWF had music that fit their gimmick.

WCW had some great themes, the NWO theme of course, Harlem Heat's, Goldbergs, and a handful of others, but so many of their wrestlers, even the stars had generic rock music that seemed to change all of the time. Like, how many themes did Bret Hart have?

And even worst, the production value was so inconsistent that sometimes you could barely even hear the music playing, almost as if it's just background noise. WWF made it their business to all but blast the music and make it a part of the character, which made the entrance an event. Hell it was the only reason I would watch a match with Gangriel.

And the themes also often had some kind of high-energy and recognizable intro to get the fans to pop as soon as the first note of the music hit.

"Oh You didn't know" meant The Outlaws were coming.
"You think you know me" meant Edge was coming.
"Hello Ladies" meant Val Venus was coming.
That bomb sound meant the Dudley's were coming.

I mean, and those are just the midcarders.

Undertake and Kane got cool lightshow entrances and Triple H got the guitar riff, light show, water spitting thing, and the list kind of goes on and on.

Most of WCW's themes just kind of eased in and the crowd would be monotone throughout the entire thing. Guys like Hogan made it an event when he would play the belt guitar to Jimmy, and Flair's strut always felt epic and classic, and a few guys got some cool pyro, but that quality was never close to being something you'd consistently see through an entire show.

The inconsistency in that production value was something I noticed even as a kid. Don't think you can underestimate the importance of a great entrances to get you hyped.

Rant over.

Props to Eggy

Last edited by He Hate Me on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
One thing WWF clearly had over WCW was the ring entrances and theme songs. Seems like even the jobbers in WWF had music that fit their gimmick.

WCW had some great themes, the NWO theme of course, Harlem Heat's, Goldbergs, and a handful of others, but so many of their wrestlers, even the stars had generic rock music that seemed to change all of the time. Like, how many themes did Bret Hart have?

And even worst, the production value was so inconsistent that sometimes you could barely even hear the music playing, almost as if it's just background noise. WWF made it their business to all but blast the music and make it a part of the character, which made the entrance an event. Hell it was the only reason I would watch a match with Gangriel.

And the themes also often had some kind of high-energy and recognizable intro to get the fans to pop as soon as the first note of the music hit. WCW's themes just kind of eased in and the crowd would be monotone throughout the entire thing, unless it was a handful of the stars.

The inconsistency in that production value was something I noticed even as a kid. Don't think you can underestimate the importance of a great entrances to get you hyped.

Rant over.

I agree for the most part.

Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan had iconic and well recognizable WWF music, but their WWE music was awful (not counting NWO music). Hulk's regular WWE music was terrible.

Sting's Crow theme was awesome, but kind of short lived.

But yeah, most WWE guys you can identify by their music. WCW, not as much.

That being said, there was a 12-18 month period where WCW was the superior brand regardless...IMO anyway. Too bad they couldnt sustain it....but I guess the WWE these days is about as bad as WCW was when it started going under.

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Invasion storyline was one of the greatest things they ever didů.the only problem was they didn't have contracts on the biggest names in WCW.

If i remember the WWE team was Austin, Angle, Jericho, Undertaker and kane, which was the right team of guys who were currently active

but the WCW/ECW team of the Dudleys(who had been in wwe for a while) Rhyno, DDP and Booker T was terrible. If they had been able to bring in Steiner, Sting, and Goldberg then that match up would have been amazing

the wow didn't have enough talent and so they had to add the whole austin and angle changing sides thing which just didn't work out

lots of things that could have been different, but it was still pretty awesome arc regardless
Carrer marks:
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
The Invasion storyline was one of the greatest things they ever didů.the only problem was they didn't have contracts on the biggest names in WCW.

If i remember the WWE team was Austin, Angle, Jericho, Undertaker and kane, which was the right team of guys who were currently active

but the WCW/ECW team of the Dudleys(who had been in wwe for a while) Rhyno, DDP and Booker T was terrible. If they had been able to bring in Steiner, Sting, and Goldberg then that match up would have been amazing

the wow didn't have enough talent and so they had to add the whole austin and angle changing sides thing which just didn't work out

lots of things that could have been different, but it was still pretty awesome arc regardless

Yeah....that was handled poorly and couldve been amazing.

From what I understand (could be wrong), the WWE couldve had both Sting and Goldberg soon after that.....but I guess Diamond Dallas Page was basically treated like crap during his short WWE stint and they pretty much wasted all the wrestlers from WCW sans Booker T. Sting and Goldberg didnt like the direction they were going and turned down contracts....although Goldberg came back a few years later.

That bothers me to this day....Sting was always one of my faves and wouldve loved to have seen him in the WWE in his prime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: