Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TMNT 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codybill69

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: TMNT 2 Reply with quote

What are your thoughts?
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really really dumb. My kids (8, 8, 5, 1) will love it.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They made another one???.................. that means Michael Bay is still making movies..... I didn't get the only thing I wanted for Xmas Sad

PM sig requests.
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one looks like it can be good.

Celtics 2016 Nets Pick Tracker
Standings...11-30 3rd worst record
Ambrose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it has no plot whatsoever. But Stephen Amell is in it so I'll give it a shot.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the harsh realities for old school TMNT fans...

1) Just like Transformers, the TMNT movies are NOT made by anyone who is passionate about the original source material. I mean, hell...before the fan backlash, a corporate white guy was going to be Shredder and the Turtles themselves were going to be aliens from another planet. No one who was actually fans of the real TMNT would ever do such a thing.

2) These movies are geared for a new generation. They arent geared to fans of the original or even any previous old or recent renditions of the Turtles. Sure, it has the name and the characters, but the characters are done very very poorly, there is no substance (like any Michael Bay film) and the tone and feel are just completely different. The TMNT name is just there for namesake and publicity...but it may as well be called Giant Freakish Alien Turtles, because it really isnt anything close to the TMNT outside of the name of the movies and characters.

Ive accepted it. Im not knocking anyone for liking it, especially those who dont know what TMNT is supposed to be. I went into the first movie with an open mind and found it was the typical Michael Bay affair (blah blah about him being the producer...his stink was all over it). I dont usually judge movies based on a trailer....but since Bay's movies never have any depth at all, its pretty easy to gauge his movies based on trailers, and TMNT 2 looks like a disaster, top to bottom. Yay...Baxter Stockman, Beebop, Rocksteady and Krang are in it.....doesnt matter when they are done so poorly.

onejayhawk foolishly wrote:
If BenRoth were a top 5 QB I might agree. He has never been that. I would put him a tier down, with say, Matt Ryan
biggio7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it's not even close to what you expect TMNT to be. I've accepted that. I hate Michael Bay doing it because he doesn't have a clue. He basically stole the Amazing Spiderman storyline and mixed it with Transformers. That was TMNT 1. When people flipped about Eric Sacks? being Shredder, he rehashed that with odd scenes just thrown in to change it. It was just badly done and then Megan Fox. Antonio Scarpaci (sp?) The voice of Splinter really bothers me too and I don't know why.

The best part of TMNT 1 was Will Arnett. After seeing the trailer for this one, I think it will be a little better than the first. TMNT was always my favorite when I grew up so I've followed just about all of their different versions and what not because to me it's still the turtles and I'm happy they are relevant enough to be around.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
Oh, it's not even close to what you expect TMNT to be. I've accepted that. I hate Michael Bay doing it because he doesn't have a clue. He basically stole the Amazing Spiderman storyline and mixed it with Transformers. That was TMNT 1. When people flipped about Eric Sacks? being Shredder, he rehashed that with odd scenes just thrown in to change it. It was just badly done and then Megan Fox. Antonio Scarpaci (sp?) The voice of Splinter really bothers me too and I don't know why.

The best part of TMNT 1 was Will Arnett. After seeing the trailer for this one, I think it will be a little better than the first. TMNT was always my favorite when I grew up so I've followed just about all of their different versions and what not because to me it's still the turtles and I'm happy they are relevant enough to be around.

They clearly put zero thought into casting. Megan Fox is hot so that means she fit the role....even though she didnt actually fit the role. And while I like Stephen Amell, he isnt a good Casey Jones...mainly because its clear they are just having him play the role as...well...Stephen Amell. The guy who played Casey Jones in the first Turtles back in the 90s was perfect. I think a guy a like Taylor Kitsch wouldve been much better for the role.

Tony Shalloub is the voice of Splinter....I dont like it either, but I could overlook it if everything else was done well. Unfortunately, its the least of that movies issues.

Arnett was just....Arnett. I like him, but didnt really bring anything to that character. I kept expecting him to say "Ive made a huge mistake" the entire movie. Wink

So in summary, Amell is playing Amell, Fox is playing Fox, and Arnett is playing Arnett. Not sure Michael Bay has ever cast an actor to actually act. Laughing

The only change I liked was that there was more differentiating the turtles than just different colored headbands...and thats it.

onejayhawk foolishly wrote:
If BenRoth were a top 5 QB I might agree. He has never been that. I would put him a tier down, with say, Matt Ryan
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the first one and I think this trailer looks even better. Bebop and Rocksteady are in it which is cool I just really hate Tyler Perry and it could ruin the movie for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never even had the desire to see the first one after I heard about all the atrocities they had done to the original concept that I grew up watching.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I never even had the desire to see the first one after I heard about all the atrocities they had done to the original concept that I grew up watching.

Forget faithfulness (or lack of) to the source material, it was a terrible movie in its own right, even without all the discrepancies.

And this one looks terrible as well. Plus, it's Michael Bay, so we all pretty much know what to expect going in...

Racist/sexist/homophobic jokes galore, corny one-liners, boring (or flat out annoying) characters, terrible storytelling, pervy women's butt shots, lazily reusing the exact same shot from an hour ago, helicopters, shaky cams, unneeded product placement every 5 seconds, pedophilia jokes, oh, and of course, the Michael Bay specialty...zatona b00m b00mz n exbloziuhns!

Sorry, somebody had to say it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:

Put down the bottle.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
O'Doyle Rules wrote:

Put down the bottle.

Not sure if the substance that would make someone say that could come from a bottle.

D#######
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
O'Doyle Rules wrote:

Put down the bottle.

Not sure if the substance that would make someone say that could come from a bottle.

This.

Hell, this video sums up perfectly what we can expect from this garbage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSwZ9dQZHI

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Michael Bay rubbed his failure all over it.

domepatrol91 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
I haven't kept up to date on the [inappropriate/removed] rushers in this group

Did you just make the typo I think you did? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: