Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron (2015)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrILL!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron (2015) Reply with quote

Since there is plenty of anticipation of and discussion about the Avengers sequel, it makes more sense to give the film its own thread instead of clogging the Movie News/Buzz one.

You Already Know ... This Is What I Do
thrILL!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whedon reveals more about Ultron for upcoming sequel:

Ultron's origin story will be changed wrote:
According to comic-book lore, Ultron was an artificial intelligence created by Hank Pym, better known as the superhero Ant-Man. Quickly, Ultron turned on his maker, and much of his motivation is derived from that vendetta against Pym. This presents a unique problem for Marvel Studios: Edgar Wright is preparing to direct an Ant-Man movie that will establish the Pym character, but it won't be released until after Age of Ultron. How do you introduce Ultron before you meet his maker? Well, according to Whedon, Ant-Man is no longer to blame for the rampaging robot. "Were doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron," said Whedon. "In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. Hes not ... Were crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

This confirms the rumor about Pym's ties to Ultron's origins being changed...

Tony Stark might be Ultron's new creator wrote:
In the teaser video that accompanied Marvel's announcement of the Age of Ultron title, we saw a sequence where Tony Stark's Iron Man helmet is pounded, beaten, and warped into a new shape: Ultron's metal visage. When taken in concert with Whedon's statement that the new Ultron origin story "comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about," it's easy to assume that Stark will take Pym's place as the unwitting creator of the robotic Ultron. After all, who knows more about creating fearsome metal foes than the man who amassed a whole army of them in Iron Man 3?

This actually makes a ton of sense. RDJ should crush this plotline...

http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/what-we-know-about-the-avengers-age-of-ultron.html

Also this...

Moar Hawkeye! wrote:
Much to Jeremy Renner's displeasure, Hawkeye spent most of the first Avengers movie in a fugue state; the result is that after two movie appearances, he's still the Avenger we know the least about. That will soon change, according to Whedon. "Part of the fun for me, definitely this time around, is writing Hawkeye," said Whedon. "He did get possessed pretty early by a bad guy and had to walk around all scowl-y for most of the movie, so now its nice to actually have the character there and see him interact with the other guys."

Dancing Applause

He Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrill, how well done do you think the original origin story for Ultron is? Do you think Stark being the creator sounds like it could be better for the movie?

Props to Eggy
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Thrill, how well done do you think the original origin story for Ultron is? Do you think Stark being the creator sounds like it could be better for the movie?

The theory that I been hearing is that JARVIS (Stark's computer) gets corrupted somehow (extremis?) and goes rogue.

JARVIS has already been shown being able to control multiple armors by himself
thrILL!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:

The theory that I been hearing is that JARVIS (Stark's computer) gets corrupted somehow (extremis?) and goes rogue.

I think the main reason Ultron's origin would work better with Stark is bcuz of his genius and expertise in the field of engineering/tech/robotics, etc. Pym is a biochemist whose greatest scientific breakthrough was the discovery of Pym Particles. Pym is one of the top 5 smartest men on the planet, but let's use the guy in the applicable field and not a biochemist dabbling in a different field.

JARVIS being corrupted by Extremis is a pretty good idea too. Altho I hope they use a different voice for Ultron than Paul Bettany.

Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy Hawkeye will get more screentime. Renner is awesome.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that Renner getting some more screentime...but I could do without Widow being a big part of it....but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote:
"Natasha is a huge part of the sequel because you do want to concentrate on the people who don't have their own franchises,"

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/07/25/avengers-age-of-ultron-black-widow-hawkeye/

I guess get them out of the way now because if Thanos is indeed the villain for Avengers 3 then they'll be pretty useless and it wouldn't surprise me if they were barely in the film or not at all. I'm sure both will be in Cap3 along with The Falcon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
Acgott wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:

I think the main reason Ultron's origin would work better with Stark is bcuz of his genius and expertise in the field of engineering/tech/robotics, etc. Pym is a biochemist whose greatest scientific breakthrough was the discovery of Pym Particles. Pym is one of the top 5 smartest men on the planet, but let's use the guy in the applicable field and not a biochemist dabbling in a different field.

JARVIS being corrupted by Extremis is a pretty good idea too. Altho I hope they use a different voice for Ultron than Paul Bettany.

Yea... I'd like it if JARVIS' voice found its way into Vision though...more of a fit for Bettany.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
Acgott wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:

Yea... I'd like it if JARVIS' voice found its way into Vision though...more of a fit for Bettany.

Vin Diesel as Ultron?

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
Acgott wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:

Vin Diesel as Ultron?

Diesel will probably be Vision

#JDI
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
Acgott wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:

Vin Diesel as Ultron?

Diesel will probably be Vision

Yea that's what all the hints are towards, atleast from him....but Vin as Ultron would be much more of a fit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin fits as Ultron, Vision, and Thanos. We will see what happens, I still kinda hope he plays Thanos because he can bring that big physical presence to the character. But Ultron would be a good baddie for him to play too.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
thrILL!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Vin fits as Ultron, Vision, and Thanos. We will see what happens, I still kinda hope he plays Thanos because he can bring that big physical presence to the character. But Ultron would be a good baddie for him to play too.

Not sure it's possible to do Thanos any other way than full CGI. All 3 of them to be honest.

titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I read that Vin refuses to play villains?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Thanos was the next villain?.. Wasnt he in the credits?

Ultron could be really compelling though. Not sure how they will make that work, as Ultron takes over most of Earth, IIRC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: