Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8790
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Reply with quote

December 17, 2014
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2310332/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dwight_Schrute


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 1873
Location: Dunder Mifflin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely seeing this during the midnight release. Huge fan of Tolkien, and of course all the moves based on his work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morkim


Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Posts: 772
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no question I'm seeing this for the midnight release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11093
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the poster points out that this movie is from the director of the Lord of the Rings. I would have never known....
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44087
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last 2 were pretty wack tbh.

Teasing me like a mug, Hopefully this one comes thru for ya boi.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
O'Doyle Rules


Joined: 25 Nov 2013
Posts: 1663
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
The last 2 were pretty wack tbh.

Teasing me like a mug, Hopefully this one comes thru for ya boi.


Yes i was alittle disappointed with the first two myself. Hopefully this one makes up for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tongue-Splitter


Joined: 30 Aug 2013
Posts: 2849
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a series that shoulda been two movies at most.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 9308
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
El ramster wrote:
The last 2 were pretty wack tbh.

Teasing me like a mug, Hopefully this one comes thru for ya boi.


Yes i was alittle disappointed with the first two myself. Hopefully this one makes up for it.


Same. TLOTR series seems/is noticeably better all around than the Hobbit movies. The hobbit is still GOOD, but TLOTR was GREAT. Hopefully the third time is the charm.
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha. Fire BillyD!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lions017


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 5050
Location: Alaska
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
This is a series that shoulda been two movies at most.



The size of the book alone isn't enough to justify whether or not something should or should not be two or three movies or whatever. There is a surprising amount of content in the Hobbit and the Appendices that the films are drawing from. It's told differently than in the Lord of the Rings - things move more quickly, less time is spent on world building, etc. The Appendices cover hundreds or thousands of years of history in a few pages.

I do think that it could have been done in two films, but I hate it when people point to the page count as a reason why.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tongue-Splitter


Joined: 30 Aug 2013
Posts: 2849
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
I do think that it could have been done in two films, but I hate it when people point to the page count as a reason why.

I understand that, but the events in THE HOBBIT are one movie. They should have made two movies about the other events, and then one movie about The Hobbit. The amount of pulp they added to connect it to The Hobbit is garbage. I'm still pissed Jackson killed Haldir. At a battle Haldir wasn't even at. And I'm still pissed that Jackson took the most BADASS elf in Lord of the Rings canon and gave his most BADASS scene to fricking Arwen. To make three movies about The Hobbit and remove Glorfindel... That's unforgivable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7305
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
I do think that it could have been done in two films, but I hate it when people point to the page count as a reason why.

I understand that, but the events in THE HOBBIT are one movie. They should have made two movies about the other events, and then one movie about The Hobbit. The amount of pulp they added to connect it to The Hobbit is garbage. I'm still pissed Jackson killed Haldir. At a battle Haldir wasn't even at. And I'm still pissed that Jackson took the most BADASS elf in Lord of the Rings canon and gave his most BADASS scene to fricking Arwen. To make three movies about The Hobbit and remove Glorfindel... That's unforgivable.


Why do you care that he killed off one of the most minor characters in the whole series in Haldir? I wish that the elves would not have shown up in the two Towers as in would make the battle of five armies more special, but whatever more Lord of the Rings the better, right?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tongue-Splitter


Joined: 30 Aug 2013
Posts: 2849
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
I do think that it could have been done in two films, but I hate it when people point to the page count as a reason why.

I understand that, but the events in THE HOBBIT are one movie. They should have made two movies about the other events, and then one movie about The Hobbit. The amount of pulp they added to connect it to The Hobbit is garbage. I'm still pissed Jackson killed Haldir. At a battle Haldir wasn't even at. And I'm still pissed that Jackson took the most BADASS elf in Lord of the Rings canon and gave his most BADASS scene to fricking Arwen. To make three movies about The Hobbit and remove Glorfindel... That's unforgivable.


Why do you care that he killed off one of the most minor characters in the whole series in Haldir? I wish that the elves would not have shown up in the two Towers as in would make the battle of five armies more special, but whatever more Lord of the Rings the better, right?

Because Haldir was always my favorite character when reading Lord of the Rings. I know he's extremely minor, but he was pretty BA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jjab360


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 4126
Location: On Top
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
I'm glad the poster points out that this movie is from the director of the Lord of the Rings. I would have never known....

You would be surprised by the number of people I've talked to who didn't know the Hobbit was a preguel to LOTR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34193
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't make it through the second LOTR movie. They make these things way too long and boring.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jjab360


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 4126
Location: On Top
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
couldn't make it through the second LOTR movie. They make these things way too long and boring.

Of course it's going to be long, it's an epic..

As far as boring goes, I don't think we were watching the same movie.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group