Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

House of Cards (season 2) please no spoilers!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: House of Cards (season 2) please no spoilers! Reply with quote

House of Cards is a political drama television series developed for American television by Beau Willimon for the streaming network Netflix. The series stars Kevin Spacey as Frank Underwood, a ruthless politician with his eye on the top job in Washington, D.C.

It premiered today (Feb 1st, 2013)

The whole season is already posted which is kinda cool and its netflix attempt to expand there company. I guess they are using this to get my subscribers but also to see if making there own TV series will pay off. Im in the middle of the 2nd episode and I think this is pretty damn good. its interesting. I also like the style they have the show in. Kevin Spacey's character will at moments talk to the viewers kinda like the show house of lies does.

If you like Kevin Spacey, if you like political type tv shows, and etc you prolly will like this series

Last edited by buno67 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This show is SOLID. Into it already after 2 eps.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing this show needs is a better theme song lol

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
Brodie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched all of it, great show. Once you get to know the characters it can get a little predictable (atleast the main guy is)

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping to watch it pretty soon.

Does anyone know any numbers on how this cost Netflix to make? I really want to know if making their own shows like this could actually be sustainable.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Brodie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Hoping to watch it pretty soon.

Does anyone know any numbers on how this cost Netflix to make? I really want to know if making their own shows like this could actually be sustainable.

This article says 100 million

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-netflix-kevin-spacey-david-fincher-house-of-cards-in-baltimore-20120105,0,889123,print.story

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
OH-snelld4GB-IO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great show

VikingsFan51 wrote:
OHIO just totally stole my thunder. Took my milkshake and ate it too

Twitter: @snelld58
Buzzman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Matt. This style of all at once takes away from the experience. Breaking Bad is so [inappropriate/removed] great for me because when the episode ends with Walter White telling Jesse to "RUN" I sit on that an entire week and thats all I think about. The individual episodes have a much larger impact because I can discuss everything about that episode all week long with everyone else. When you watch an entire season at once, there are certain things you wont remember or breeze by. If the show had a bad episode, you just move onto the next one and erase that one from your memory.

It kind of reminds me of LOST with my family. They didn't watch it live so they think the show was amazing yet there was a few parts that really dragged on but they didn't realize it because they just breezed through the entire series. When I asked them what they thought about the season 1 finale, they didn't even know what episode I was talking about. I was like that doesn't seem right, the finale was crazy and had me thinking about it all year long until the season two premiere, but for them it was just another episode of the show.

The verdict is still yet to come in, but I'd rather take me show in doses rather than all at once.
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed being able to watch this at my own pace.

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzman wrote:
I agree with Matt. This style of all at once takes away from the experience. Breaking Bad is so [inappropriate/removed] great for me because when the episode ends with Walter White telling Jesse to "RUN" I sit on that an entire week and thats all I think about. The individual episodes have a much larger impact because I can discuss everything about that episode all week long with everyone else. When you watch an entire season at once, there are certain things you wont remember or breeze by. If the show had a bad episode, you just move onto the next one and erase that one from your memory.

It kind of reminds me of LOST with my family. They didn't watch it live so they think the show was amazing yet there was a few parts that really dragged on but they didn't realize it because they just breezed through the entire series. When I asked them what they thought about the season 1 finale, they didn't even know what episode I was talking about. I was like that doesn't seem right, the finale was crazy and had me thinking about it all year long until the season two premiere, but for them it was just another episode of the show.

The verdict is still yet to come in, but I'd rather take me show in doses rather than all at once.

Great explanation. I was the same with LOST. However, I prefer to watch seasons all the way through at once. I hate waiting.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh.

i've watched 5 or 6 episodes and it really never creates any suspense or high drama. i love Spacey as an actor, but he's playing it easy in this one, never challenging his ability.

B-. at best.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
eh.

i've watched 5 or 6 episodes and it really never creates any suspense or high drama. i love Spacey as an actor, but he's playing it easy in this one, never challenging his ability.

B-. at best.

Really the side story with peter russo was/is pretty good

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
eh.

B-. at best.

There is a ton of tension in the last 3-4 episodes

PantherDE90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 episodes in and I got to say it's pretty awesome.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfway through and loving it. Spacey runs the show, and it's worth watching for him alone. I love the breaking of the fourth wall, and the political drama and intrigue are a bit trite but nonetheless entertaining.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: