Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fear the Walking Dead
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Fear the Walking Dead Reply with quote

Other thread was at a hundo so figured we'd just start a new one for the companion series as well as the upcoming season.

Anyone else interested to see where they take this? I've been rewatching the seasons on my own due to lack of better things on TV and I forgot how much I liked Season 5. Hopefully season 6 picks up where it left off and Fear is actually a good show also. Got decent expectations for it.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in seeing how Fear is received. They have already said eventually that show will be on the same timeline as TWD, but I'm really eager to see how the world broke down once the dead came back to life. Hopefully they mine that for all that it's worth.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I am interested in seeing how Fear is received. They have already said eventually that show will be on the same timeline as TWD, but I'm really eager to see how the world broke down once the dead came back to life. Hopefully they mine that for all that it's worth.

Yeah, that's right. I also think I read that the shows will cross paths at some point also which would be tough since opposite coasts and all.

My biggest fear, honestly, is the show is great and it's only 6 episodes and we have to wait til next summer to see more :/

I'm w/ you though, I'm eager to see how everything goes from "meh a sickness" to "HOLY HELL!!"

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the impression that Fear TWD starts at the very beginning of the outbreak. Basically while Rick is in a coma. If that's the case, they're going to have to rush it to catch up, or we'll see random characters pop up in both places talking about where they came from. Not really a fan of either of those ideas.

I really want them to keep it at the beginning, and progress it from there. Setting it in LA makes survival a lot different than rural Georgia, or even Atlanta.

The group from TWD struggled to make it 500 miles to Alexandria. How would they explain 2700ish miles to bring characters together?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I got the impression that Fear TWD starts at the very beginning of the outbreak. Basically while Rick is in a coma. If that's the case, they're going to have to rush it to catch up, or we'll see random characters pop up in both places talking about where they came from. Not really a fan of either of those ideas.

I really want them to keep it at the beginning, and progress it from there. Setting it in LA makes survival a lot different than rural Georgia, or even Atlanta.

The group from TWD struggled to make it 500 miles to Alexandria. How would they explain 2700ish miles to bring characters together?

These are my exact thoughts/concerns. I hope they don't rush. The possibilities of this show are really exciting to me if the characters are well done which I feel they should be for the most part as I like most in tWD. Having larger groups come together then possibly turning on each other, finding out the problem that you're going to turn no matter what, lots of characters to kill off between many groups, MAJOR metropolitan area, etc etc. There is literally an entire world to make out of this setting.

Looking forward to seeing how it's done.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured this could use a bump.

Re-watching season 5 (when I should be working) and trying to pick up little things......not much yet.

Really looking forward to just what started "it."

Could it something as simple as a bad case of the flu?

This very well may have started the whole darned thing. It was filmed in Georgia.

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, just realized the first episode was tonight. Had no idea. I'll have to find a way to watch it sometime over the next couple days.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait. Recently got into TWD after watching it on netflix. Still gotta see season 5 but it's a great show and can't wait for this and season 6.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid first few minutes.

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
renndawg37

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job setting the opening scene of what is to come.

If they only knew what was coming...... Wink

PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was looking forward to this show. Quit about half way basically, fast forwarding to the end, nothing was making me stop.

Ill give it another go next week.. Thought the opening was ok.
But so far probably the biggest letdown ever to a show I had been looking forward to seeing.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same hard cuts to commercial every time was repetitive and annoying and the episode could have easily been cut down to an hour without sacrificing anything, but I appreciate the tension and buildup. Definitely interested and already somewhat invested in the characters. I'll keep watching.

And I felt so bad for Nick when he broke down after not finding Cal near the car. He must have truly thought he was going crazy.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a different setting and dynamics than TWD. I'm interested to see where it goes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it. Nothing amazing but I like the possibilities of the turns and direction the show could take. It's limitless. Definitely will watch the season unless it gives me a reason not to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: