Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Leftovers - HBO
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: The Leftovers - HBO Reply with quote

Anyone catch the pilot tonight? Needed something to watch now that GoT is on a break. Pretty interesting to start. Many different ways the show can go from here.

PM sig requests.
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing pilot. Tons of interesting story lines.

#JDI
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

Yeah, is this a reboot? It seems to be too much thinking for people these days lol.

I hope it develops well. Some of the characters, even after one show, are pretty interesting. I'm curious what Tyler's motives are as to why she went to that stupid house (I don't remember her name off the top of my head).

PM sig requests.
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Yeah, is this a reboot? It seems to be too much thinking for people these days lol.

I hope it develops well. Some of the characters, even after one show, are pretty interesting. I'm curious what Tyler's motives are as to why she went to that stupid house (I don't remember her name off the top of my head).

It's not a reboot but it is based on a book of the same name.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was alright. Hoping we actually get a few answers in this show and not just a crapload of questions.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna wait to hear about this one. If it's the same crap from the same guy with ten thousand questions for the sake of questions, I won't even bother. It gets to the point where mystery for the sake of mystery is obnoxious.
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to point out that most of the characters are pretty unlikeable at this point. The main character who shoots dogs, the girl who seems overly depressed and snarky, the girl who slept with her best friends' crush right in front of her, the wife who left her family for a cult, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
I'd also like to point out that most of the characters are pretty unlikeable at this point. The main character who shoots dogs, the girl who seems overly depressed and snarky, the girl who slept with her best friends' crush right in front of her, the wife who left her family for a cult, etc.

Wow, what a terrible portrayal of one episode. Is that really what you took from it or did you just not like it and decided that was the quickest way to say it? That is a serious question.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Wow, what a terrible portrayal of one episode. Is that really what you took from it or did you just not like it and decided that was the quickest way to say it? That is a serious question.

Yeah, he doesnt like the main character because he shoots dogs......Did it not occur that those dogs at the end were wild, crazed dogs, and not the pets that they once were? Wasnt that the whole point of having that close the episode, to show that things are not like they used to be, and even more things will be changing?

Overly depressed girl. Hmmm, lets see..your mother leaves you to go join a cult, your brother leaves to join a different cult(?), and who knows what else could have affected her from the disapperance. Yep, she should be cheerful and happy.

#JDI
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

That's not my portrayal of an episode, it's just that pretty much all of the characters are depressing and/or unlikeable so far, but of course that's just my opinion. They also aren't very charismatic, at least with the characters on Lost they were terrible people but they were fun, terrible people. These are boring, terrible people. Maybe they show some more redeeming qualities maybe they don't, at least the story seems pretty interesting so far even if the people in it aren't.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:

LOL WTF... did you just catch the last 5 minutes of the episode or something? I mean, judging by the rest of your post, I would think not but you obviously saw the guy wasn't a dog killer in every sense the word. He killed the wild dogs that were basically rabid, wild animals.

If you didn't like it, you didn't like it but this is pretty ridiculous

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

That's not my portrayal of an episode, it's just that pretty much all of the characters are depressing and/or unlikeable so far, but of course that's just my opinion. They also aren't very charismatic, at least with the characters on Lost they were terrible people but they were fun, terrible people. These are boring, terrible people. Maybe they show some more redeeming qualities maybe they don't, at least the story seems pretty interesting so far even if the people in it aren't.

The entire episode revolved around a very depressing time. Do you expect them to be doing backflips and running around full of energy during a time like that??

PM sig requests.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the premiere. I like it so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus H Christ, I just didn't find any of the characters relatable or likable, am I not allowed this opinion or something???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's it aboot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: