You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Confusion with our future QB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Confusion with our future QB Reply with quote

I'm kind of confused at this point right now. If we select a QB in this draft no matter who it is, is our motive to draft a long-term answer at QB that will make an impact in a 1,2 year span, or is Saban interested in a project.

Not even what Saban wants, but whatever makes sense. If we have too many needs, should we try to take a project in later rounds?

I'm still a big fan of Cutler, but if a young QB is not needed immediatley (if we get a Carr, Kitna, etc) than I feel Saban can draft for talent, ability, and a future (that would not be an immediate help) in later rounds, or even wait til next season
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Saban drafts a QB he wants him to be ready in 2 years. We can live w/ a vet for 1 year but the 2nd year we got to see how our QB is doing.

I actually wouldnt be mad if we drafted Drew Olson. I like him alot. He had better stats that Leinart and w/ fewer weapons.

Dolphins Fan
js

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda like what the bengals did with palmer, he sat his first year with kitna starting. the next year palmer was ready to go. since then hes been one of the top qbs
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

js wrote:
kinda like what the bengals did with palmer, he sat his first year with kitna starting. the next year palmer was ready to go. since then hes been one of the top qbs

right, but Palmer was the #1 pick overall, not #114 or anything!
js

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt matter where he was picked, he got a year to get to know the offense and was ready, we can do something like that
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get a guy like Kitna, then we'll talk. If we get Carr, then we don't need a QB anymore. We would then keep Frerotte/Rosenfels and Lemon, and Carr would be the starter...
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have Gus then Sage if Gus reconstructed his contract b/c IMO he's a better starter and backup then Sage. Even though Sage had his moments, Gus is the vet and remember when Daunte got injured that 1 year and Gus came in........

Dolphins Fan

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: