Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Induction Thread (Winner Is...)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Induction Thread (Winner Is...) Reply with quote

**** Footballs Future Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Inductions! ****

Hello forum -

It is my great honor to present this year's new addition to the Patriots Forum Hall of Fame. I am honored to be one of the group currently enshrined, along with hollywood14, Tzimisce and Patsfan01.

Some forums choose to induct two, three, even four Hall of Famers per year. Here at the Patriots forum, we think differently. To be in the Patriots Forum Hall of Fame is a great honor. It is something that is only bestowed upon one person per year (other than the first.) While there are tens of sensational posters that make up the Patriots fanbase at FF, only one can be enshrined per year in order to make such an achievement even more special.

After getting promoted to co-moderator months ago, I thought that helping to oversee this forum would be a challenge. And, to be sure, it isn't easy. We have a lot of passionate posters with different views, and sometimes we butt heads. However, at the end of the day, we are able to come together on evenings like these and just celebrate being together, being fans of the best team in the NFL, and being in the presence of some of the best football minds on this entire website.

I'm privileged to be your moderator, and I hope that after this great night where we honor one of our own, we can use this momentum for another sensational year of football discussion.

I'd like to especially thank hollywood14 for being a role model, both in how to create spectacles like these and how to be a classy poster. Hollywood has been very helpful in organizing these types of events in the past, and has been a great resource for me. Keep posting, Mr. Hall of Famer, and if you have anything to add, you can feel free.

I also, of course, have to acknowledge my co-mod (or, in terms of hierarchy, my superior) CP. CP, you helped me get my footing when I first became a moderator and you have been a constant presence here for years. I hope we can continue this partnership for years to come!

Now, I promise, my speech is over! We can get to the procedure, the pomp and circumstance. Have a great night everyone, and a great upcoming year!

- rab

- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - .

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Members

Hollywood14 - 2008

Tzimisce - 2008

Patsfan01 - 2008

Rabbisson - 2009

- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - .

We're going to be doing things a little bit differently this year.

I will be announcing NOW all of the posters who got at least one vote in the Hall of Fame balloting. Then, later tonight, I will be revealing who the new inductee is.

There are five finalists for this presitigious Hall of Fame spot...

The finalists are...

Canadian Patriot!

finn54!

redsoxsrule1437!

Grachuus!

icecoldbruschi!

Congratulations to all five of these great posters! I will be going into further detail for each of them at some point later tonight, when I reveal the new inductee to the Forum Hall of Fame. It was a close vote, so all have something to be proud of!

Good luck, and I'll see you in a couple of hours!

THE ANNOUNCEMENT

So...who shall get inducted tonight?

Let me break down each of the nominees, at least from what I've seen from them!

CP - I've already said how he's a great moderator and a great poster here. CP is definitely deserving of recognition after all the things he does for this forum. He is the bad cop to my good cop Wink.

finn54 - Finn is one of the smartest posters in the forum and has been here for a long time. When it comes to breaking down schemes and understanding our defense, there is no one better. Whenever he posts something, I always flip right to it.

redsoxsrule1437 - RSR has grown more than any other poster in the Patriots forum. When he started, he was a bit inconsistent. Now, he is a continual presence, one of our best draft gurus, and finally was recognized at this year's Patriots Forum Awards.

icecoldbruschi - Love him or hate him, ICB is willing to put himself out there and make his opinion known. His training camp preview is honest and he tries to tell it like it is, an admirable quality. He may not take BS from anyone, but he also helps keep the BS out and the quality in.

Grachuus - Grachuus has been around for two years, and has already garned nominations for the Forum Hall of Fame twice. That shows how special he is. He is intelligent, well-spoken, and CONSTANTLY online. Here's hoping that he keeps it up!

Anyway, this was a close vote. However, after everything was tallied, the newest inductee to the Patriots Forum Hall of Fame is.......

FINN54!

CONGRATULATIONS FINN! You are very deserving of this honor! It was a close race, but it is my pleasure to welcome you to our Forum Hall of Fame!

Welcome to the club!

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Last edited by rabbisson on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see someone who has been around here for a while win it. ICB, finn54, CP, and myself have all shown big time dedication to this site. Nothing against Grachuus, just what I'd like to see.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comments from the reminder thread...

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
I'll comment here rather then in the All-Time thread!

First of all, nicely done kick off speech Rab! I echo everything you said, this is the best forum on this site! I really do believe that because of how much quality there truly is here! Look no further then the fact that 5 of us were nominated for ONE spot! The other 4 guys on that list with myself are all deserving of this acknowledgment! Each of them have contributed to this forum in very large, and influential ways! I won't go into each poster individually right now as Rab mentioned that he intends to do something along those lines later tonight!

This is a once a year event, and I cannot wait for it to get started later this evening!

CP

So who's everyone bringing tonight?

Scarlett is in Europe right now, so I had to make another call...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have loads of respect for each of these guys and I love talking with them day in and out. Best of luck to em all but I got my eye guy tonight but would be happy for any of em that won.

Love the forum and hopefully you guys keep posting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE ANNOUNCEMENT

So...who shall get inducted tonight?

Let me break down each of the nominees, at least from what I've seen from them!

CP - I've already said how he's a great moderator and a great poster here. CP is definitely deserving of recognition after all the things he does for this forum. He is the bad cop to my good cop Wink.

finn54 - Finn is one of the smartest posters in the forum and has been here for a long time. When it comes to breaking down schemes and understanding our defense, there is no one better. Whenever he posts something, I always flip right to it.

redsoxsrule1437 - RSR has grown more than any other poster in the Patriots forum. When he started, he was a bit inconsistent. Now, he is a continual presence, one of our best draft gurus, and finally was recognized at this year's Patriots Forum Awards.

icecoldbruschi - Love him or hate him, ICB is willing to put himself out there and make his opinion known. His training camp preview is honest and he tries to tell it like it is, an admirable quality. He may not take BS from anyone, but he also helps keep the BS out and the quality in.

Grachuus - Grachuus has been around for two years, and has already garned nominations for the Forum Hall of Fame twice. That shows how special he is. He is intelligent, well-spoken, and CONSTANTLY online. Here's hoping that he keeps it up!

Anyway, this was a close vote. However, after everything was tallied, the newest inductee to the Patriots Forum Hall of Fame is.......

FINN54!

CONGRATULATIONS FINN! You are very deserving of this honor! It was a close race, but it is my pleasure to welcome you to our Forum Hall of Fame!

Welcome to the club!

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right choice in my opinion, I can now state that I voted for Finn to be this years nominee! You can't argue with the quality of his posts and material shared here on Footballs Future! It's really unrivaled in my opinion.

Congratulations Finn!

CP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choice! Congratulations Finn!

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Finn well deserved award to a very intelligent poster.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Finn! Truly deserved.

You're one of the best posters on this entire site bro!

Jgoldiscool on the sig
finn54

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, it really means a lot. To be in the same group as the other inductees is awesome.

I guess this gives me an incentive to increase my activity on the forum Laughing (I was going to anyway, because i need to escape from Cardiff City Crying or Very sad)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Finn!! You definitely deserve it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations finn. Glad to see you made it in!

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
icecoldbruschi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to finn54, my vote, definitely deserving of the award. I would probably put him top 3-5 on this entire site in terms of pure football knowledge. One of the few Patriots posters who I have actually learned something from during my 3 years on this site.

I think it also speaks to how many quality posters are in this forum when guys like Grachuus and RSR haven't been inducted, most likely first ballot HOF posters in 99% of the other forums.

I'm also kind of intrigued about next year's ballots. I think that you could see some new names up there for this award, guys like dhunt, goldenboy, a couple other guys, who have certainly been stepping up their games lately and I think could really push to be elite posters in this forum in the near future.
xmike609x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats finn!! I remember the old days of thinking you were a Dolphin fan! Laughing
patsfreak007

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats finn. U really deserve this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: