Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dexter (Season 6!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
s5 and s6 were terrible. I was making fun of Homeland to a buddy of mine because it had a filler episode...he rebutted by telling me I can't talk as Dexter has had filler seasons. He was right. Dex-Lumen was bad. The main antagonists were terrible. The plots were filled with holes. The writing was downright awful, filled with meticulously placed trash that went out of character of near every person on this show...oh and the characters were hardly ever given anything noteworthy to do.

Batista turned into a sad old man, LaGuerta became annoying, Quinn became the obnoxious screw up...the only person given good story lines (mainly because he never has any story lines -- or lines in general besides a few zingers) is Masuka.

In fact, if you look back at the old postings on s5 and s6 I'm sure near every post by me about those seasons is negative. Which probably became annoying to some viewers on here, but I had to call a spade a spade. s7 is so far beyond those seasons it's not even funny.

The only thing that I am on board with in what you just posted is Masuka.

The writers really need to get Masuka more involved. How? I'm not even quite sure myself, but they can do it, and need to do it. Each and every scene with Masuka is great, he is absolutely hilarious. Like I said, I'm not quite sure what would be the best way to get him more involved, but by doing so IMO they could really open up the plot lines and create a bunch more comedy to the show. I personally think it would be great.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? Masuka's perfect in his role...this is how good shows turn terrible. They have a minor character in a niche' role & start to expand the character.

Masuka doesn't need character development...we don't need to know why he's a pervert, where he's from or how he's a good/bad person. I don't care about any of that stuff. He's funny and he gets about 3 minutes of air time, every time. You'll notice that as soon as they started expanding roles in comedies like 30 Rock (namely Kenneth's character) the show started going downhill. Some characters are meant to be secondary characters. Masuka just happens to be one of them.

Also, and not to come off as a jerk, but the fact that you don't agree with anything else I said in my post shows how much we differ in our opinions of TV...I can't imagine why anyone would recommend seasons 5 or 6 of this show.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode was GREAT! Damn this season just keeps getting better. Isaak is such a good character. Also, props to whoever called it. (not gonna say what due to spoilers)

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
s5 and s6 were terrible. I was making fun of Homeland to a buddy of mine because it had a filler episode...he rebutted by telling me I can't talk as Dexter has had filler seasons. He was right. Dex-Lumen was bad. The main antagonists were terrible. The plots were filled with holes. The writing was downright awful, filled with meticulously placed trash that went out of character of near every person on this show...oh and the characters were hardly ever given anything noteworthy to do.

Batista turned into a sad old man, LaGuerta became annoying, Quinn became the obnoxious screw up...the only person given good story lines (mainly because he never has any story lines -- or lines in general besides a few zingers) is Masuka.

In fact, if you look back at the old postings on s5 and s6 I'm sure near every post by me about those seasons is negative. Which probably became annoying to some viewers on here, but I had to call a spade a spade. s7 is so far beyond those seasons it's not even funny.

I don't think season 6 was that bad. It wasn't as good as season one, two or four but it was better than three and five.
Dus10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season three was much better than season 6.

In any event, I do believe I like Issac Sirko better than Trinity.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an awful feeling that this awesome season is one long set-up for one of the most cringe-worthy moments in television history.

If Dexter "chooses" Deb and to be with Deb over Hannah and ultimately kills her because of his love for Deb; I'm done with this show. I don't care how it ends.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:

Character, or actor performance?

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Dus10 wrote:

I wouldn't say he is better in either, not to slight Stevenson though....he's been great. Without knowing where he ends up.... i think he has a case to be in the top three with Trinity and Brian/Ice Truck Killer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
I have an awful feeling that this awesome season is one long set-up for one of the most cringe-worthy moments in television history.

If Dexter "chooses" Deb and to be with Deb over Hannah and ultimately kills her because of his love for Deb; I'm done with this show. I don't care how it ends.

> Watches show about world's most successful serial killer
> Quits because he gets with his adopted sister

Not that I don't sort of agree. I think that's where they are going as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Dus10 wrote:

Character.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
Dus10 wrote:

I didn't know you watched this show. You should post in the thread more. How do you like the season so far? Where would you rank Dexter as a Judo player?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are they involving this love story between Dexter and Deb. Do they just want to flush this show down the toilet?

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
Dus10 wrote:

The whole "Deb loves Dex" thing is just there to complicate things. Nothing will become of it.

This season will be setting up a huge ending. I'm sticking with the theory that the only way this can end is with Dexter dying. Putting Deb's career in jeopardy is something he won't let happen, so there's no way he gets caught.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
OH-snelld4GB-IO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actress who plays deb is so criminally underrated

VikingsFan51 wrote:
OHIO just totally stole my thunder. Took my milkshake and ate it too

Twitter: @snelld58
DaMenace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH-snelld4GB-IO wrote:
The actress who plays deb is so criminally underrated

Not a fan but I can see where you're coming from.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 95 of 99

Jump to: