Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: 2017 Draft Thread Reply with quote

I'm not one to open threads very often, but I figured that in a slow offseason I could try to get this going.

Potential Positions of need (very early obviously):

RB: With Murray leaving a lot out on the field last year (IMO) and being a free agent the FO may not want to pay, a highly drafted tailback could be a possibility. Not to mention that this years class is LOADED with top end talent.

CB: Despite what I think is some nice strength at the position, it's possible that Hayden finishes busting out, Amerson disappoints, and with Amerson as a free agent, a corner could be in the cards after not adding one in this year's draft.

OT: Howard is still somewhat overpaid, Penn could potentially regress, and no one knows what Watson will become.

ILB: Heeney played nicely down the stretch last year, but he's had limited exposure and if he doesn't improve his physicality and angles, its possible that he could be replaced. Not to mention that Malcolm Smith will be a free agent next year.

A few guys I've been watching recently:

Wayne Gallman, RB Clemson.

One of my favorite backs coming out next year. Powerful, with very crisp cuts and creativeness in space. Was a big reason that Clemson was playing in the national championship.

Reuben Foster, ILB Alabama

Another alabama ILB, but more of an athlete than Ragland, albeit a bit less clean as a tackler. Very nice player, physical at the point

“When I look at comparison, I don’t think (Ragland) is as fast or as athletic as Foster. I think Foster, next year, will be a better prospect than Ragland is this year.” (from kiper)

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Trojan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond King was someone I really liked last year until he said he was returning. King is the CB from Iowa.

Also really like Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fournette seems like he'd be sick but likely taken before our pick (I'm assuming massively obviously with how early it is).
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get a legit RB next year, and Chubb is my favorite. I like McCaffrey and Fournette, but Chubb is a human wrecking ball who has destroyed the SEC the last two years. Big, explosive, strong, good vision, and really everything I like in a RB.
MMAJunkie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really difficult to identify what our needs will be next offseason but I would really like to see us draft a running back early. There are a ton of quality RB's in next years draft class. I'd be happy with Fournette, Cook, McCaffery, Chubb, Michel, Freeman, or Hurd.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to see us target an OT, S, CB, Slot, and ILB in free agency and the draft next offseason.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMAJunkie wrote:
It's really difficult to identify what our needs will be next offseason but I would really like to see us draft a running back early. There are a ton of quality RB's in next years draft class. I'd be happy with Fournette, Cook, McCaffery, Chubb, Michel, Freeman, or Hurd.

Think Reggie would take a RB in the first 2 days? I doubt it unless its a world beater. I think an early day 3 pick like Saquan Barkley makes more sense than a 2nd tier RB (under Fournette/Cook/healthy Chubb)
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaetano wrote:
MMAJunkie wrote:

Think Reggie would take a RB in the first 2 days? I doubt it unless its a world beater. I think an early day 3 pick like Saquan Barkley makes more sense than a 2nd tier RB (under Fournette/Cook/healthy Chubb)

I do. It's cost effective and the talent will definitely be there. I could even see us going with a guy like Dalvin Cook on day 1. A back who's great in the passing game and in space is a game changer.

Otherwise, safety and ILB are other good places to look. There is definitely good talent there. Especially if we're looking for a free safety of the future, depending on how the FO likes Joseph.

Barkley is way too good to go on day 3 and will not be elligible.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Trojan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan Engram is another guy I liked a lot last year that returned to college. I think he would make a good Mychal Rivera replacement as a move tight end with upside of also being an oversize slot WR in the vein of Jordan Matthews on the Eagles. Clive would obviously be the top TE, but a talent like Engram could add an element to our offense that seems to fit to me.

Cooper Engram OLINE+Walford Crabtree

or something along those lines. Kinda pick that could lead to phasing out the FB (making Olawale a smaller role as FB, more RB depth+ST ability).
MMAJunkie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaetano wrote:
MMAJunkie wrote:

Really depends on what happens with Murray. If we let him walk we're going to have nothing at RB so unless we sign someone in FA, we'll likely have to use an early pick on someone.

Don't forget that we pursued DeMarco Murray last offseason.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMAJunkie wrote:
Gaetano wrote:
MMAJunkie wrote:

Really depends on what happens with Murray. If we let him walk we're going to have nothing at RB so unless we sign someone in FA, we'll likely have to use an early pick on someone.

Don't forget that we pursued DeMarco Murray last offseason.

I think it's highly likely Murray leaves after this season. He's a young player and especially if he has another good year - someone will offer him a lot of money. with the guys we just signed and the guys we will soon need to resign (Mack and Carr), I can't see us making Murray a better offer than what he could find else where. Add in the strength of this years rb class and the fact that right now I think there's 4 talents that more than justify a 1st round pick (fournette, mccaffrey, cook and Chubb) and it seems like we can significantly upgrade our backfield at a much lower price. Even though we shouldn't have a very high pick, the fact that there's that much top end talent at the position bodes well for us either way. While fournette should be the 1st off the board, the other 3 are equally talented and I'd be happy with any of them.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Gaetano wrote:
MMAJunkie wrote:

I do. It's cost effective and the talent will definitely be there. I could even see us going with a guy like Dalvin Cook on day 1. A back who's great in the passing game and in space is a game changer.

Otherwise, safety and ILB are other good places to look. There is definitely good talent there. Especially if we're looking for a free safety of the future, depending on how the FO likes Joseph.

Barkley is way too good to go on day 3 and will not be elligible.
I agree with you Cook is the perfect fit. Raekwon McMillan or Kendell Beckwith at ILB
Totty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have interest in McCaffery. He seems small and not much of a work horse back. I see Reggie Bush. I like Fournette, and if he is there and we don't pick him, I'd call for RMs head.

Chubb is another option. Bigger back that can handle the load. I'd be happy with him. RB is going to be a position of need and toss draft is loaded with them.

There are many I didn't hit on but we really can't go wrong.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
G

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking RB, ILB, CB with our first 3 picks depending on our season and who we resign.

RB cause Murray will be gone or expensive.
LB cause Smith will be gone and depth behind Heeney/Ball is needed.
CB as Amerson and Carrie could be gone, so Smith will need someone to pressure WR's on the other side.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I'm thinking RB, ILB, CB with our first 3 picks depending on our season and who we resign.

CB as Amerson and Carrie could be gone, so Smith will need someone to pressure WR's on the other side.

We will see, but LT could be the most important need next year...
G

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
G wrote:

We will see, but LT could be the most important need next year...

I wanted to trade up for Tunsil as I figured he'd start at RT as a rookie and replace Penn next season unless Penn plays at a high level all season. I also liked Spriggs in the 2nd and the Auburn guy in the 3rd. Oh well, in Reggie I trust.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: