Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

raidr4life's pre draft mock Updated!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: raidr4life's pre draft mock Updated! Reply with quote

2015 NFL draft:

#4. Amari Cooper, WR Alabama

Simply the most polished receiver and ready to start day 1.

#35. *TRADE* (OAK #35 for CLE #43 & #77)
CLE Brett Hundley, QB UCLA

#43. A.J. Cann, OG South Caroilina

Reliable and coachable with consistent winning attitude. Named a permanent team captain as a junior. Four-year starter in the SEC. Day 1 starter at LG.

#68. Michael Bennett, DT Ohio State

A highly active interior rusher with range and quickness. Can rotate with the big boys we have in the middle.

#77. Denzel Perryman, ILB Miami

Instinctive and tough, Perryman is not just an in-the-box defender. He has the athleticism and awareness to remain on the field on passing downs. Excellent depth until he is ready to take over.

#102. Anthony Chickillo, DE Miami

Warrior mentality, playing through pain and fighting throughout all four quarters. Lives in the weight room with NFL work ethic. Perfect fit at LDE for Tuck to mentor in his final year.

#140. Tyrus Thompson, OT Oklahoma

Extensive experience at the left tackle position against some of the nation's elite pass rushers in the Big 12.

#179. Stefon Diggs, WR Maryland
Balanced athlete with easy acceleration and strong strides to be a home run threat whenever he touches the ball. Special teams impact as a return man with a 25.8 kick return average. Consistent production the past three seasons. Needs to leave troubled past behind him.

#221. Nick Boyle, TE Delaware

All the qualities to be a legit NFL starting tight end and passes the eyeball test.

Additional Free agent signings:

Jermaine Gresham, TE
Raiders went hard after Gresham and are waiting to see how he recovers from disk surgery.

Depth chart

RED=DRAFT
BLUE=FREE AGENCY

Offense
QB: Derek Carr // Matt McGloin // Christian Ponder
FB: Marcel Reece
RB: Latavius Murray // Roy Helu // Trent Richardson
WR1: Amari Cooper // James Jones // Brice Butler // Stefon Diggs
WR2: Rod Streater // Andre Holmes // Kenbrell Thompkins
TE: Jermaine Gresham // Lee Smith // Mychal Rivera
LT: Donald Penn // J'Marcus Webb
LG: A.J. Cann // Khalif Barnes
C: Rodney Hudson // Kevin Boothe
RG: Gabe Jackson
RT: Austin Howard // Menelik Watson

Defense
LE: Justin Tuck // C.J. Wilson // Anthony Chickillo
NT: Justin Ellis // Stacy McGee
UT: Dan Williams // Michael Bennett
RE: Khalil Mack // Benson Mayowa
SLB: Sio Moore
MLB: Curtis Lofton // Denzel Perryman
WLB: Malcolm Smith // Ray-Ray Armstrong
CB: DJ Hayden // James Dockery // Neiko Thorpe
FS: Nate Allen // Brandian Ross
SS: Charles Woodson // Larry Asante
CB: T.J. Carrie // Keith McGill // Taiwan Jones

K: Janikowski
P: King
LS: Condo
Gunner: Jones

KR: Stefon Diggs, T.J. Carrie
PR: Stefon Diggs, T.J. Carrie

Practice squad: Tyrus Thompson, Nick Boyle, George Atkinson III, Jonathan Dowling, Shelby Harris, Ricky Lumpkin, Lamar Mady, Chance Casey, Seth Roberts, Bojay Filimoeatu

Last edited by raidr4life on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of the picks, including Kikaha, but I can't get behind Tomlinson in the 2nd. He's a limited athlete and will struggle at the next level with guys who are quick and know how to use their hands. I would much rather have a guy like Cam Erving in the early 2nd to play guard, or go with an edge guy like Odigizhuwa or Harold in the 2nd. Mayowa should not be starting for us day 1 of next year. If he is i'll freak out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most of it. I had just posted in another thread about Kikaha, asking when people thought he would go. I think he'd be great value in the 3rd. Also like the idea of double dipping at WR and pass-rush. Like Thompson too.

Agree with Mr Oaktown about Tomlinson. I think you could get a comparbale G in the 3rd, perhaps in the place of Carter and then free up your 2nd rounder.

All in all lots of promise throughout.
Gaetano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also am wary of drafting a guard before a DE... Tomlinson's ok, but we're drafting a RG here. I'm also becoming very against drafting a WR at 4 because of the thread below.

I like the Pac12 picks, but not comfortable passing on all the draft's top DE/OLB/LEO options to land the UW DE. Love love love Ty Montgomery in the 7th. If his hands improve at all, could be a stud WR. If they don't, really good return man / gadget player. Reminds me of Hester a bit.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikaha seems like a stiff try hard iono if his pass rushing will translate against nfl tackles

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C grade.

Not a fan of Tomlinson or Ty Montgomery.

Fills all the holes. Which IMO is misguided. No team just fills every spot if they are drafting BPA. We saw that the last couple years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything except your first third round pick, I feel like he is a SLB in a 4-3 and I don't know if Mack is a full time DE.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be generous with a C+. Tomlinson I'm meh on, and I would prefer WR or Pass rusher 1 and 2 in either order. Alex Carter is a zone corner too, meh about it. I'm not a fan of Ty Montgomery. Fills needs, but is it really quality? C+ for effort
Raider X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B+

i like it
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I like most of the picks, including Kikaha, but I can't get behind Tomlinson in the 2nd. He's a limited athlete and will struggle at the next level with guys who are quick and know how to use their hands. I would much rather have a guy like Cam Erving in the early 2nd to play guard, or go with an edge guy like Odigizhuwa or Harold in the 2nd. Mayowa should not be starting for us day 1 of next year. If he is i'll freak out.
The Tomlinson pick comes after a trade down to get an extra 3rd, Tomlinson showed up big at the Senior bowl and Reggie likes drafting guy's from the Senior bowl. Kikaha and Mauldin will compete with Mayowa.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtydom wrote:
I like everything except your first third round pick, I feel like he is a SLB in a 4-3 and I don't know if Mack is a full time DE.
I think he can do both like Mack.
Trojan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
I'll be generous with a C+. Tomlinson I'm meh on, and I would prefer WR or Pass rusher 1 and 2 in either order. Alex Carter is a zone corner too, meh about it. I'm not a fan of Ty Montgomery. Fills needs, but is it really quality? C+ for effort

Tomlinson and Duke Johnson were two of your favorite prospects not that long ago, what happened?

I think it's funny that in a control everything mock offseason, the 7th round pick still doesn't make the team - lol.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trojan wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:

Tomlinson and Duke Johnson were two of your favorite prospects not that long ago, what happened?

I think it's funny that in a control everything mock offseason, the 7th round pick still doesn't make the team - lol.
I like Tomlinson as a RG but value RG lower then say a pass rusher or playmaker. I like Tomlinson in the 3rd round good value for a good guard. All about DUUKE. U know. We signed Helu, and taking a chance of Richardson so I don't see use investing in a 2nd day pick on DUKE. A lucky team will draft him in that slot.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trojan wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:

7th round pick from Deleware. Practice Squad!

Last edited by raidr4life on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with most. This draft left me like, meh.

First, who did you trade down with and why? For a RG? I would find it hard to believe Tomlinson was BPA mid-2nd but I do like the trade back in later rounds.

Kikaha & Mauldin are tweeners, definitely not stout enough to be LEOs. Kikaha has a history of knee injuries that concern me. I'm not that high on Carter. There are far better late round WRs that I like exponentially more than Ty. It just feels like a whole draft of players I'm lukewarm about.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: