Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Derek Carr Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Derek Carr prove to be the teams franchise QB?
Yes
94%
 94%  [ 97 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 103

Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: The Derek Carr Thread Reply with quote

The Raiders haven't had a young, franchise QB in ages (if ever?). Do you think the Raiders finally found that player in Derek Carr? Obviously we have no game play evidence to say yet either way, but I just want to read people's predictions about our 2nd round draft pick.

Last edited by Darkness on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. He's got the physical talent and the work ethic. Seems pretty smart too.

Plus, it's better to be an optimist than a pessimist.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Yes. He's got the physical talent and the work ethic. Seems pretty smart too.

Plus, it's better to be an optimist than a pessimist.

+1
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if he pans out he could be the best QB we've had since Gannon and he'd be on the team longer too. I like where he's at in the preseason thus far, I think he could start next year for sure which I'm fine with. He's got to get more accurate with his passes though I want him to be completing at least 60% next year.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not spectacular Carr will be serviceable for some time. I'm satisfied. My only concern is that the next HC should be an offensive/QB guru. Pat Shurmur

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Yes, if he pans out he could be the best QB we've had since Gannon and he'd be on the team longer too. I like where he's at in the preseason thus far, I think he could start next year for sure which I'm fine with. He's got to get more accurate with his passes though I want him to be completing at least 60% next year.

Agreed. I want him making faster reads and decisions too. But that will come with time.

Donald Penn watched practice tape of Mack getting inches from ground & beating him for sack, then looked at Tice. Tice: Ive got nothing.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
My only concern is that the next HC should be an offensive/QB guru. Pat Shurmur

Concern or hope? I too hope that whoever we hire as HC next season will be an offensive guru, capable of getting the most out of Carr's talent and potential. Add a stud WR drafted in the 1st round next year, and our offense could be in business.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr throws a beautiful ball. Tight spirals with good accuracy on precision passes near the boundaries. What will make or break Carr is his footwork. He could either be an average starting QB if his footwork stays inconsistent, or he could become great by mastering that part of his game. He has all the physical talent in the world, and seems to have a real passion for the game. Awesome value in the 2nd round fosho.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Concern or hope? I too hope that whoever we hire as HC next season will be an offensive guru, capable of getting the most out of Carr's talent and potential. Add a stud WR drafted in the 1st round next year, and our offense could be in business.

Concern because the Raiders keep hiring defensive HCs. I don't know if it's something Al has passed down.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Concern because the Raiders keep hiring defensive HCs. I don't know if it's something Al has passed down.

DAs the first defensive HC the Raiders have hired since John Madden...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Where have I been the last twenty years?!?

Bonez wrote:
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Where have I been the last twenty years?!?

Hiring an offensive guru might not make this team better. Lots of guys who were considered offensive geniuses but couldn't be good head coaches like turner, kubiak, shermer are all guys who are constidered great offensive minds but couldn't produce a consistent winner. If we do look for a head coach I hope we look for a guy like Shaw, a guy who knows what it takes to over see a team.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope so. Has the physical and mental tools to be one, but the best thing for him would be to get the Rodgers treatment. No need to rush him.

I was one of the few who really liked him since the end of the last draft. The complaints of his footwork and spread offense were all fixable things. Raiders got him in the perfect spot in the draft and he'll be the best QB of this class.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ROFLcopter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I certainly hope so. Has the physical and mental tools to be one, but the best thing for him would be to get the Rodgers treatment. No need to rush him.

I was one of the few who really liked him since the end of the last draft. The complaints of his footwork and spread offense were all fixable things. Raiders got him in the perfect spot in the draft and he'll be the best QB of this class.

I was overjoyed. IMO we got the second best QB in the draft after bridgewater and half a round later than I thought he'd be gone. And the improvement mechanics-wise has been pretty marked. It's by no means perfect or complete, but he looks waaay better than he did at Fresno....damn system let him neglect his lower body and get away with it.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLcopter wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

I was overjoyed. IMO we got the second best QB in the draft after bridgewater and half a round later than I thought he'd be gone. And the improvement mechanics-wise has been pretty marked. It's by no means perfect or complete, but he looks waaay better than he did at Fresno....damn system let him neglect his lower body and get away with it.

Its crazy how many people used the offense against him. His first 2 years he played in a pro-style offense. I remember posting a clip that showed him playing under center and playing pretty well. His Football IQ and leadership is all there. Its more of him being consistent and feeling pressure. We've seen instances where he's worked on it. Not relying on his arm is another thing, but that goes without saying with all big armed Rookie QBs.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 1 of 70

Jump to: