Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

how have your LBs been looking?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: how have your LBs been looking? Reply with quote

Mack, Miles Burris, and Sio Moore?

all guys I had scouted and was interested in, in varying amounts, over the last few seasons
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: how have your LBs been looking? Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Mack, Miles Burris, and Sio Moore?

all guys I had scouted and was interested in, in varying amounts, over the last few seasons

Miles Burris had 6 tackles last week.

Mack had 5 and Sio Moore had 11.

There all young and need time to grow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burris sucks period

Mack is inconistant but has potential

Moore is the best right now and its not really close overall they are below average in coverage and above average in pass rush.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burris is garbage. Terrible angles, misses tackles, looks fragile. Shouldn't be starting for anyone.

Moore flies around and makes big plays, but misses tackles as well. Great pass rusher and I think he'll make a pro bowl at some point in his career imo.

Mack is the best against the run and has some good burst, but he's still learning and his instincts need work. He missed some sacks last week.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to be too critical of Burris at MLB since he shouldn't be playing there. But out of position, unaware and bad in coverage would sum up his play last week.

Mack has great awareness for a rookie against the run, sheds blocks well, but needs to apply more consistent pressure when rushing the passer.

Moore's a hard hitter who shoots through the gaps and does a good job of creating havoc in oppposing teams back fields. Seems to struggle in coverage though.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burris has a high motor, but it just seems like guys juke the crap out of him all the time, and seems to be out of position on a majority of plays.

Sio Moore has been all over the place making plays. Aside from the occasional missed tackle, he's looked really good in preseason and in week 1 against the Jets.

Need to see a lot more of Mack to give an accurate assessment. I expect him to make a lot more plays when he gets more comfortable with the NFL. Seems to be thinking to much out there instead of just playing and going after people.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap, what in the heck is Miles burris doing at MLB? The guy is a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 rush SAM backer
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
holy crap, what in the heck is Miles burris doing at MLB? The guy is a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 rush SAM backer

We have 3 4-3 rush backers on the field right now Very Happy.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

We have 3 4-3 rush backers on the field right now Very Happy.

So true. I'd rather see Moore at MLB while Roach is out.
ragingraider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell-

Miles Burris should be playing for Our Lady of Perpetual Mercy. He is terrible. Wait worse than that. That's mean, but the guy really looks totally overmatched in every facet of the game. Truly bad. He is regularly blocked to his back. So pathetic.

Sio Moore has talent. Good player with a ton of potential. Needs to play smarter. He occasionally completely blows his assignment, but he plays fast and can get after the qb.

Khalil Mack- obviously it early. He disappears for long stretches. If you watch him his pass rushing skill is somewhat overrated. He isn't really a speed rusher and he isn't really a power guy. He is a little of both. The story on him coming out was that he can really get after the qb. I don't think that is really the best part of his game. Perhaps he will get better, but I have watched all the games multiple times and he gets stoned pretty easily by nfl caliber tackles. He will beat tight ends and backs but he doesn't really have that around the tackle speed rush or the powerful bull rush. Sio Moore in my opinion is the more dangerous pass rusher right now. I do think that Mack looks like a smart player though. I actually think he might be better suited to mlb. He reads plays well and is good in pursuit. I would be curious to see him try it out. He is definitely a fast player for his size but he doesn't look quick if that makes sense. He doesnt really seem to have an explosive first step. Excellent motor though.

I would like to see Sio used the way Mack is being used on the strong side. Mack at MLB and roach moved to the weak side. I might be wrong but I'd like to see it.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the one long run today our linebackers were killing it today.

Add that to our young rotation of Jelly and McGee along with Fat Pat, our run defense was stout. We just can't get off the field on 3rd down when teams go to the air against our secondary. And as a matter of fact, CJ Wilson was also in the rotation at DE on run downs today too.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Add that to our young rotation of Jelly and McGee along with Fat Pat, our run defense was stout. We just can't get off the field on 3rd down when teams go to the air against our secondary. And as a matter of fact, CJ Wilson was also in the rotation at DE on run downs today too.

Surely you jest. Miles Burris whiffed unimaginably on 3rd and 9 run for a first down. He was horrid all day. And I don't know what stout run defense you were watching but I can say it dang sure was not ours. Not the one who let up 188 rushing yards and couldn't stop the run when they knew it was coming for a whole drive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Nothing stout about our run defense at all. 400 rushing yards allowed in 2 games, putting us dead last in the NFL (by a good 50 yards or so). Houston beat us up.

^Plays like this have been a staple against our defense for a long time now. You know you're bad when your safeties lead the team in tackles.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense is terrible. There's not one area where we even look average. If we can't get off the field against offenses lead by Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick, I'd hate to see how we fare against our division and the NFC West.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Our defense is terrible. There's not one area where we even look average. If we can't get off the field against offenses lead by Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick, I'd hate to see how we fare against our division and the NFC West.

Actually Roach being back would help a fair amount because his pass coverage and blitzing ability are both good. He's not great against the run, but is 10x better than burris. Our linebacking core of Roach, Mack, and Moore should be average to above average.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: