Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Mock Draft: PS Edition *Week 2 Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: 2015 Mock Draft: PS Edition *Week 2 Update Reply with quote

Obviously, this is pessimistic because I have us picking at 6 (like Bagga), but I think we make the playoffs in 2015 with another stellar draft and heaps of cap space. This is what I would do, not what Reg will do.

1st Round: Andrus Peat OT Stanford

An absolute mammoth of a man with all-pro potential, Peat would be the final piece to a young raiders offensive line that could flourish for years to come. He has raiders bloodlines as well, as his father Todd played for the Raiders in the LA era.

2nd Round: Sammie Coates WR Auburn

A huge mancrush of mine, Coates can play in the slot or on the outside and is an absolute burner on tape and has timed in the mid 4.3s. He also jumped 44 inches. He has great YAC and vision and looks to be a borderline #1 WR type receiver in the NFL. He forms a great trio with Jones and Streater, that can be one of the NFL's best.

Plus this:

3rd Round: Josh Shaw CB/S USC

Put up great numbers last year in the Pac 12 and can do a lot. Great length, but questionable deep speed. Could definitely be a #2 CB, or make the transition to FS if need be. Great versatility that RM loves.

4th Round: Cedric Reed DE/DT Texas

We grab a potential base LDE of the future here. Reed has good production, but may not test as well as some may think at the combine and the ridiculous depth at DL may drop reed to the early 4th round, just outside of the top 100 picks.

5th Round: Terrance Magee RB LSU

A high profile recruit who flashed some awesome ability in LSU's pro style offense as a power runner. Would make for a good committee with Latavius Murray in our run heavy offense.

6th Round: Andre Monroe UT Maryland

For the Aaron Donald fans out there, Monroe flashed some dominant quickness and projects as an interior rusher on passing downs in the NFL, like Clinton McDonald.

7th Round: Jordan Rigsbee OC/OG California

Has taken snaps at center and guard. Provides cheap depth along with talented backup Kevin Boothe.

Last edited by MrOaktown_56 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love mocks including this one. I don't know a ton about Coates but I really like what I have seen but I have really sit down and look at his film. The lack of passing in Auburn's offense could potentially hurt him but then CJ still went high playing in a limited offense.

I like Josh a lot too. I grade him as a 2nd but a high 3rd is feasible.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Personally, I love mocks including this one. I don't know a ton about Coates but I really like what I have seen but I have really sit down and look at his film. The lack of passing in Auburn's offense could potentially hurt him but then CJ still went high playing in a limited offense.

I like Josh a lot too. I grade him as a 2nd but a high 3rd is feasible.

I watched all of Auburn's games and he plays a lot like Julio Jones. He won't have the production and he makes concentration drops, but the physical skills, deep speed, YAC are all there. Agreed on Shaw. He's one of my DB mancrushes for next year.
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A LT/DE in the first and Stefon Diggs in the second is my absolute dream draft.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
A LT/DE in the first and Stefon Diggs in the second is my absolute dream draft.

You like Diggs more than Coates? I think Diggs goes in the 1st (i like coates more) but if not we should jump all over that.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny, played football in HS with Rigsbee, just saw in 4th of July Weekend, huge man. Love the Peat pick in the first round but in round 2 I'd rather go CB and Wr in round 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
That's funny, played football in HS with Rigsbee, just saw in 4th of July Weekend, huge man. Love the Peat pick in the first round but in round 2 I'd rather go CB and Wr in round 3

Who would you rather have at CB and WR?
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see LT being our selection next year 1st round. Menelik Watson can have a big say in this, but first let's see him at RT and healthy for a season...

Like the WR pick up.

Not too familiar with most of these guys, but like the overall approach!
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
I could see LT being our selection next year 1st round. Menelik Watson can have a big say in this, but first let's see him at RT and healthy for a season...

Like the WR pick up.

I've been researching Coates and I'm apprehensive as he has struggled with drops in the past. I would be wary of drafting a guy who is a burner who has a history of drops. Stephen Hill/DHB 2.0.
"There are a lot of guys who run a 4.3 but you can't have 4.3 speed and 4.5 hands. It don't work" - Herm Edwards.

I really really like Ty Montgomery (reminds me of Tim Brown), Goodley (Steve Smith), Parker and Waller (as a late round developmental project)

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Like the WR pick up.

I've been researching Coates and I'm apprehensive as he has struggled with drops in the past. I would be wary of drafting a guy who is a burner who has a history of drops. Stephen Hill/DHB 2.0.
"There are a lot of guys who run a 4.3 but you can't have 4.3 speed and 4.5 hands. It don't work" - Herm Edwards.

I really really like Ty Montgomery (reminds me of Tim Brown), Goodley (Steve Smith), Parker and Waller (as a late round developmental project)

He has had drops but watch him tear it up this year. Julio jones lite. http://www.footballsavages.com/sammie-coates-pre-season-scouting-report-young-julio-jones/. Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo1_l1XNg4I. I like Montgomery and Goodley, but neither can do that.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Like the WR pick up.

He has had drops but watch him tear it up this year. Julio jones lite. http://www.footballsavages.com/sammie-coates-pre-season-scouting-report-young-julio-jones/. Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo1_l1XNg4I. I like Montgomery and Goodley, but neither can do that.

DHB has numerous spectacular one-handers. . . . just saying.

Bonez wrote:
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Like the WR pick up.

DHB has numerous spectacular one-handers. . . . just saying.

:/. Ah fine Coates is a polarizing prospect but I think you'll change your mind about him this year. Glad that you like the rest of the draft.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bright side to losing is higher draft picks right?

Round 1:

Leonard Williams: UT USC

Obviously our run defense has been a problem to say the least. We've been gashed for about 200 yards/game. On top of that, our interior pass rush has been mediocre at best. Leonard Williams can fix both of these issues. At 6-5 290 and only 21 years old after the draft, Williams can be a cornerstone for our defensive line at 3tech and play 5tech in 3-4 looks.

Pro Comparison: Muhammad Wilkerson/JJ Watt

Round 2:Marcus Peters CB Washington

Man do we need corners. Assuming we keep Tarell Brown around and DJ Hayden doesn't bust (which I think he won't), we will still need a #1 caliber corner. Why is Peters still around at pick 33 or 34? Character concerns. However, like his teammate Austin Sefarians Jenkins, I'm sure Peters will clean up his act enough to be a 2nd round pick. Peters is extremely aggressive and is a great tackler, showing a knack for breaking up passes and is a Day 1 starter.

Pro Comparison: Alterraun Verner

Round 3:Devante Parker WR Louisville

My favorite (not best) WR prospect has a broken foot and will be out 6-8 weeks. With apparently recorded high 4.3 or low 4.4 speed and a 6-3 frame, Parker should be a late 1st early 2nd round prospect. However, his broken foot will mean a likely slide in the draft where we can scoop him up early in the 3rd.
Like Alshon Jeffery (albeit not as talented), Parker is a big target who Carr can throw jump balls and fades to.

Body Control:

Leaping Ability:

Round 4: Markus Golden DE Mizzou

Apparently the media isn't as high on Golden as I am, but I like the guy a fair amount and I think he could be a good LDE candidate for our defense. Mizzou has always churned out good defensive lineman and Golden would have to add maybe 10 to 20 pounds, but he plays fast and I'm sure he could do it. Plus he makes plays.

Pro Comp: Kony Ealy lite

Round 5: Jake McGee TE Florida/Virginia

A transfer from UVA, McGee is an immensely talented pass catching tight end. However, after breaking his leg before the start of his transfer season at Florida, his draft stock will likely plumet and his combine will likely be his only body of work. McGee strikes me as an RM small school type of pick.

Pro Comp: Poor Man's Kyle Rudolph

Round 6: Michael Orakpo ILB/OLB/DE Texas State

A freak of nature, small-school prospect with undeveloped skills, Orakpo (brother of Brian Orakpo), will likely be a late round prospect. However, he shows exceptional burst and can play multiple positions, making him excellent linebacker depth and a potential boom pick.

No real pro comp

Round 7: Michael Dyer RB Louisville

Another talented guy who hasn't done much since transferring to Louisville. He's gonna be a 25 year old rookie, but definitely worth a flier late in the draft.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What pick do you have the Raiders at? Big Cat didn't have a good game against BC. He'd better pick it up if he's going to be #1 overall. My suggestion for a Top 5 pick will ALWAYS be the same. Trade down. No player is worth multiple picks (except Peyton, Luck and Clowney).

Flip flop Peter(son)/Parker. (see what I did there?)

Mack is already playing the role Golden would in this defense. If the Raiders went 34 they already have Mack and Moore as OLBs. There isn't a spot for Golden right now and that pick could be better used elsewhere at this time.

I like McGee. I've looked at him a little but I'd have to go back over my notes but I'd expect he'll go higher than projected because the 2015 draft is really really weak at TE and NE and the Raiders will be desperately scouring the market. I suspect NE will double dip FA and the draft at TE.

Bonez wrote:
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
What pick do you have the Raiders at? Big Cat didn't have a good game against BC. He'd better pick it up if he's going to be #1 overall. My suggestion for a Top 5 pick will ALWAYS be the same. Trade down. No player is worth multiple picks (except Peyton, Luck and Clowney).

Flip flop Peter(son)/Parker. (see what I did there?)

Mack is already playing the role Golden would in this defense. If the Raiders went 34 they already have Mack and Moore as OLBs. There isn't a spot for Golden right now and that pick could be better used elsewhere at this time.

I like McGee. I've looked at him a little but I'd have to go back over my notes but I'd expect he'll go higher than projected because the 2015 draft is really really weak at TE and NE and the Raiders will be desperately scouring the market. I suspect NE will double dip FA and the draft at TE.

I think the raiders will pick around 1 right now. Maybe 2, but someone will likely try to trade into the 1 spot for mariota or winston (STL comes to mind). We do need spiderman on defense Very Happy, but yeah it could be the other way around with Parker high in the 2nd. My logic for Golden was that you can never have too many pass rushers and that he's a great rotational player who could maybe rush inside in a 3-4 nickel package. ILB depth in this draft isn't great, but I really want Perryman in the 2nd though I feel like it would be a luxury pick with our need at WR,CB, and DL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: