Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Devil Mock/FA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Quick Devil Mock/FA Reply with quote

Gotta admit, I'm still in the process of learning about many prospects but just wanted to have a stab at this and see reactions to some of the choices in both draft and FA. Also, not gonna get too into money etc at this stage so hoping it isn't too unrealistic. Here goes:

Cut or let walk:
Austin Howard, Lamarr Woodley, Matt Schaub, MJD, David Ausberry, Denarius Moore, Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, Vincent Brown, Pat Sims, Kory Sheets, Kenbrell Thompkins, Brice Butler, Usama Young,

Keep:
Stefen Wisniewski, Charles Woodson, Marquette King, Darren McFadden, Brandian Ross, Rod Streater, Chimdi Chekwa, Andre Holmes, Larry Asante, CJ Wilson, Neiko Thorpe

FA:
CJ Spiller - change of pace back to compliment Murray
Torrey Smith - big upgrade over what we have
Virgil Green - as many have suggested, gives us a TE that can block
Mike Iupati - will likely be expensive, but well worth it
Stephen Paea - likely have a reduced role with Fangio and his 3-4 coming in
Jabaal Sheard - offers some pass rush from 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB (would consider McPhee in here dependent on where we go with defense)
Mason Foster - I'd keep Roach but Foster comes in as insurance and competition as well as featuring in 3-4 looks
Tramon Williams - Unoriginal I know but, I would like our current crop of CBs to get game time so don't want to draft another one or have a young CB take game time off them.

Draft:
1. Amari Cooper - WR - just don't see Wlliams being around and although I like Ray, I'm not confident he will fit our scheme - not every down anyways. I like Cooper above the other WRs. He just looks so smooth. No need to over-think this choice. He comes in, improving an area of desperate need and has a long and succesful career with Carr
2. Carl Davis - DT - rising up boards. Good measurables. Plays with a mean streak and gives us a young promising player to go with Jelly and Paea.
3. Donovan Smith - OT - Bagga and a few others have been high on this guy and if the first day of senior bowl prctice is anything to go by, many others will be soon. He comes in and competes with Watson for the RT spot.
4. Phillipe Dorsett - WR - comes in as our slot guy, something we will likely need with Musgrave's offense
5. Lynden Trail - DE/OLB - a developmental pass-rusher
6. Damarious Randall - S - seen this guy mocked higher but not at all. Comes in as depth to a position where we are a bit thin
7. Jeff Luc - MLB - Again insurance for Roach. Probably start on practise squad.

Depth chart:

Offense:

QB: Carr, McGloin
RB: Murray, Spiller, Atkinson III
FB: Reece, Olawale
TE: Green, Rivera, Kasa

WR: Cooper, Smith, Streater, Jones, Dorsett, Holmes

LT: Penn, McCants
LG:Iupati
C: Wiz, Boothe
RG:Jackson
RT: Watson, Smith

(Barnes fills the gaps at G and T)

Defense:

DE: Sheard, Tuck, Mayowa/Trail
DT: Paea, Smith, Ellis, Davis, Mcgee/Wilson
MLB: Foster, Roach/Luc
OLB: Mack, Moore, Burris, Armstrong

(Positions to change in different schemes)
(Luc on practise squad if Roach healthy, winner of Trail/Mayowa takes spot as does winner of Wilson/Mcgee)

CB: Hayden, Carrie, Williams, Thorpe, Chekwa, McGill

FS: Woodson, Randall
SS: Ross, Asante

Spec teams: Jones
K: Jankikowski
P: King
LS: Condo

Last edited by reddevil on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it although I'll admit I'm not the highest on Donovan Smith. Wouldn't mind grabbing a MLB if Kendricks or Perryman fall (unlikely) or double dipping at WR with Harper or Hardy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I like it although I'll admit I'm not the highest on Donovan Smith. Wouldn't mind grabbing a MLB if Kendricks or Perryman fall (unlikely) or double dipping at WR with Harper or Hardy.

Bagga brought this kid to my attention and during the coverage of the senior bowl practice Mayock in particular was very high on him. He's not perfect and will need some investing in. I had toyed with picking up Bulaga in FA and drafting a guard like John Miller in the 3rd instead but went for Iupati. Whatever combination, sorting out the right side of the offensive line is a major priority.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Bagga brought this kid to my attention and during the coverage of the senior bowl practice Mayock in particular was very high on him. He's not perfect and will need some investing in. I had toyed with picking up Bulaga in FA and drafting a guard like John Miller in the 3rd instead but went for Iupati. Whatever combination, sorting out the right side of the offensive line is a major priority.
really like it.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but you may not have heard. Fangio is going to Bears.
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I like it but you may not have heard. Fangio is going to Bears.

Yep. That's why I have the Bears not locking up Paea and him being available for us to pick up.

What I said -

'Stephen Paea - likely have a reduced role with Fangio and his 3-4 coming in'

I think after this season, if they were staying with a 4-3, he would be a priority for them.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need at least two WR's in this draft. Confused

Raider X hooked me with the sig
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I need at least two WR's in this draft. Confused

Cooper + Dorsett = 2 WRs
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way OT Smith makes it to the 3rd, imo. If you are looking for a PBS OT late for your mock I would look Oklahoma's Daryl Williams or Tyrus Thompson.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your RB depth scares me. I like Murray but i'm not sure about his durability so the injury prone Spiller backing him up is risky, imo. And i don't think much of Atkinson.

Dorsett is a WR i'm intrigued by. He reminds me of Jacoby Ford, Amazing speed but not a slot guy.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it man. And I have been beating the Spiller gavel since he left Clemson so im with you. It would give us 2 playmakers at rb with different playing styles. I would love it. I understand the depth worry but you have to take into account. the explosive play opportunities. Also I dont think Spiller will not make us back up a truck either because of his injury history. Man 2 rbs that can take it coast to coast. That would be nice.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure if we signed Iupati, it would be Gabe Jackson making the move to RG, not Iupati
reddevil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
No way OT Smith makes it to the 3rd, imo. If you are looking for a PBS OT late for your mock I would look Oklahoma's Daryl Williams or Tyrus Thompson.

I took a bit of a guess with that. Not sure that Davis will make it to the 3rd, although he has been mocked there quite a bit. I expect his stock to rise too.
reddevil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
Pretty sure if we signed Iupati, it would be Gabe Jackson making the move to RG, not Iupati

Yep. That's just a typo!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: