Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome and Introduction Thread for the Silver and Black
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ienjoystuff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but on a serious note, I find it hilarious how little this place has changed. People still getting super offended when their prognostication skills get questioned or when their thought process isn't considered logical enough to warrant anything but a PG rated insult. Hot darn do I love me some indignant football blather.

condescension-the last refuge of the differently abled
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The board use to have more quality posters for sure. I miss guys like oaktownOG, StateOfMind, Kaloo, etc.

Glad you found the MST3K sig I made so long ago. I couldn't find it but I still have the Madvillain one.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ienjoystuff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
The board use to have more quality posters for sure. I miss guys like oaktownOG, StateOfMind, Kaloo, etc.

I didn't mean for what I said to come off as an insult to the forum at all, just amusing to see the foundation hasn't changed since I left. I'm stoked as heck to see so many familiar usernames still around. Funny to see BP still here without BA07, never thought I'd see one last without the other.

RaiderX wrote:
Glad you found the MST3K sig I made so long ago.

fudge ya bud, couldn't post here without it.

condescension-the last refuge of the differently abled
SenRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Raider Nation!

Been reading here for years and finally decided to join and get in on some conversations. I am cautiously optimistic for a big improvement this year. I think we added some really big pieces to the puzzle. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenRaider wrote:
Hey Raider Nation!

Been reading here for years and finally decided to join and get in on some conversations. I am cautiously optimistic for a big improvement this year. I think we added some really big pieces to the puzzle. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome SenRaider! I couldn't be happier to have another Canadian around these parts. You clearly have awesome taste in NFL teams, but what about the rest? You're a Senators fan from the looks of it unfortunately, but are you a RedBlacks fan as well? Bluejays? Raptors?

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenRaider wrote:
Hey Raider Nation!

Welcome, dude!

It's scary how optimistic I am about the upcoming season. The defense will be solid/teetering good but we'll go as far as our QB takes us and Derek Carr is not only very special, but he's got everything he needs to fully unleash - besides a factor back but that's still tbd.

The Raiders gave him a legit #1 WR, a starting TE, a real high end #2 WR, a Charlie Garner like 3rd down back, but most under the radar - an elite center that will QB the Oline. It's hard not to get giddy at that, especially knowing what Derek Carr is: A pros pro that can lead men older than him and slings it like the old #4.

But then I remember the last 12 years where I was optimistic Laughing Hopefully the Autumn Wind returns to send opponents tumbling out of stadiums.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable."
-Kendrick Lamar
SenRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
SenRaider wrote:
Hey Raider Nation!

Welcome SenRaider! I couldn't be happier to have another Canadian around these parts. You clearly have awesome taste in NFL teams, but what about the rest? You're a Senators fan from the looks of it unfortunately, but are you a RedBlacks fan as well? Bluejays? Raptors?

Thanks man glad to be here. And um I figure you are from Toronto? Sorry for your luck. Yeah I am getting into RedBlacks now, had a hard time at first cause I hate the name. Raptors and Jays are good in my book. Buds....not so much. At least I'm not a dirty French guy though lol. Look forward to antagonizing each other....
SenRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
SenRaider wrote:
Hey Raider Nation!

Welcome, dude!

It's scary how optimistic I am about the upcoming season. The defense will be solid/teetering good but we'll go as far as our QB takes us and Derek Carr is not only very special, but he's got everything he needs to fully unleash - besides a factor back but that's still tbd.

The Raiders gave him a legit #1 WR, a starting TE, a real high end #2 WR, a Charlie Garner like 3rd down back, but most under the radar - an elite center that will QB the Oline. It's hard not to get giddy at that, especially knowing what Derek Carr is: A pros pro that can lead men older than him and slings it like the old #4.

But then I remember the last 12 years where I was optimistic Laughing Hopefully the Autumn Wind returns to send opponents tumbling out of stadiums.

Thanks bud! Yeah for me it is both sides I am stoked about. Agreed it hinges on Carr but I am so looking forward to seeing what the defense can do. I honestly believe Edwards can be a force and with Mack coming too in subs it could be special.

If Murray can sustain what he did in limited time and with all of Carr's new weapons I love it. Not gonna be contenders this year but I love where RM has pointed us.

lol yes I have been the brunt of many jokes here walking around in my silver and black. I cant wait for it to end!
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Edwards is the wildcard here, no doubt. An enigma on the DL because at 3-tech right next to the NT rotation of Dan Williams & Justin Ellis I could see him be a BOOM player. I love that Justin Tuck will take him under wing....Edwards is the most interesting pick to me.

If he's gonna be DE then his track record at FSU was, well, less than impressive but occasionally provided the occasional "ooooh"(I.e. spearing the Auburn LT in the national championship game). There are guys who are better pros than collegiate players, we'll see.

It all depends how they use him. I prefer mainly at 3-tech because the QB must hit the ground, and hit it hard. Collapsing the pocket is hard & next to our NTs I feel he'd flourish.....then the Mack truck, oh boy.

Hard to get hopes too high with Edwards though, he's been "high hopes" since high school and Leonard "Big Cat" Williams he was not..but his tools are there, the personnel in Oakland is there for him, gonna have to see if the 2nd round pick gets it done. He was vouched for so fingers crossed.

In any event, the Raiders are truly building the right way. Like you say, SenRaider, we won't be contenders next season but something sinister is sailing under a black flag for the NFL. The Raiders are up to something, shoot, we might hit stride as the team moves to LA with this regime & their makeup. Things are falling in place, then again....

Optimism runs high during the off-season Laughing It's just the regime seems competent, the roster looks like an NFL roster, the drafts have actually been awesome. Hard not to drink the kool aide after not having seen those things for the Raiders in over a decade lol

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable."
-Kendrick Lamar
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenRaider wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
SenRaider wrote:
Hey Raider Nation!

Thanks man glad to be here. And um I figure you are from Toronto? Sorry for your luck. Yeah I am getting into RedBlacks now, had a hard time at first cause I hate the name. Raptors and Jays are good in my book. Buds....not so much. At least I'm not a dirty French guy though lol. Look forward to antagonizing each other....

Even better man, I'm from around Calgary! I live out of country though right now but will be returning within the next year. It goes without saying I am a Stampeders and Flames fan, so I have actually enjoyed my Canadian teams lately. Once again, welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here.

I suggest hitting up a fellow Raider posted named JTagg7754 for a sig. He does some solid work!

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
SenRaider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Mario Edwards is the wildcard here, no doubt. An enigma on the DL because at 3-tech right next to the NT rotation of Dan Williams & Justin Ellis I could see him be a BOOM player. I love that Justin Tuck will take him under wing....Edwards is the most interesting pick to me.

If he's gonna be DE then his track record at FSU was, well, less than impressive but occasionally provided the occasional "ooooh"(I.e. spearing the Auburn LT in the national championship game). There are guys who are better pros than collegiate players, we'll see.

It all depends how they use him. I prefer mainly at 3-tech because the QB must hit the ground, and hit it hard. Collapsing the pocket is hard & next to our NTs I feel he'd flourish.....then the Mack truck, oh boy.

Hard to get hopes too high with Edwards though, he's been "high hopes" since high school and Leonard "Big Cat" Williams he was not..but his tools are there, the personnel in Oakland is there for him, gonna have to see if the 2nd round pick gets it done. He was vouched for so fingers crossed.

In any event, the Raiders are truly building the right way. Like you say, SenRaider, we won't be contenders next season but something sinister is sailing under a black flag for the NFL. The Raiders are up to something, shoot, we might hit stride as the team moves to LA with this regime & their makeup. Things are falling in place, then again....

Optimism runs high during the off-season Laughing It's just the regime seems competent, the roster looks like an NFL roster, the drafts have actually been awesome. Hard not to drink the kool aide after not having seen those things for the Raiders in over a decade lol

Totally agree with everything you said, he is lining up beside (and in front of) some pretty skilled players and I can see him not getting doubles right away at least and making noise. I say more boom than bust.

Yeah it is always the offseason hype but we do that cause we are Raider Nation and after as you say a decade, we have to hang our hats on something lol
SenRaider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RaidersAreOne"][quote="SenRaider"][quote="RaidersAreOne"]
SenRaider wrote:
Even better man, I'm from around Calgary! I live out of country though right now but will be returning within the next year. It goes without saying I am a Stampeders and Flames fan, so I have actually enjoyed my Canadian teams lately. Once again, welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here.

I suggest hitting up a fellow Raider posted named JTagg7754 for a sig. He does some solid work!

Oh nice, glad I don't have to endure leaf talk lol. You guys set yourselves up pretty nicely at the draft my friend and with the Hamilton trade, could be awesome. Flames are actually my number two team, I pull for them when the Sens eventually get dumped from the playoffs...

Thanks bud, looking forward to it!
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jermjerknerm makes better sigs than jtagg Cool

Donald Penn watched practice tape of Mack getting inches from ground & beating him for sack, then looked at Tice. Tice: 的致e got nothing.
Majora

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Win Baby!

Feels good to be posting in this forum for the first time, long time spectator of about 4 years...had I started earlier my post count would be pretty impressive. Anyways I've learned alot from analyzing prospects to just disecting the game in general from you fellas, looking forward to continue learning and hopefully contributing to this prestigious forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: