Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome and Introduction Thread for the Silver and Black
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kairo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I've been a big Raiders fan since ... well ... as long as I can remember. I'm currently 25, and living in the midwest USA after a small stint in Newcastle, Australia. I played college football for two years at running back before tearing up my knee, so I'd like to think that I have a decent amount of knowledge of the game. Wink Hope to see you all around the boards!
KarmaZone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. My name is Kenny, and I live about 40 miles NW of Atlanta. I grew up, though, in West Tennessee and I first remember following the Raiders in 1989. The local AFC games that we would get were mostly Kansas City, for some reason. I remember watching a KC - LA (at the time) game, and loving the Raiders.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome guys, and thanks for posting. Hope you like the board and keep coming back.
HiFi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Raider Nation. There are more of you out there that haven't introduced themselves. Drop us a line here if you haven't already.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Leeds in England. I have been a Raiders fan since 1984. Favourite players were Marcus Allen and Howie Long and of the current team I really like Jerry Porter and Charles Woodson. Obviously got limited knowledge but will try to browse a lot before asking a stupid question. Hope you will bear with me but I am really interested in the NFL, especially the Raiders, and your opinions will help extend my knowledge.

Apologies to Juan00. I should have read this thread before posting re Tank Williams!
HiFi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
I am from Leeds in England. I have been a Raiders fan since 1984. Favourite players were Marcus Allen and Howie Long and of the current team I really like Jerry Porter and Charles Woodson. Obviously got limited knowledge but will try to browse a lot before asking a stupid question. Hope you will bear with me but I am really interested in the NFL, especially the Raiders, and your opinions will help extend my knowledge.

Apologies to Juan00. I should have read this thread before posting re Tank Williams!

Welcome from across the Atlantic. Don't worry about that thread thing. Glad to have you aboard the Pirate ship!

Yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

Laughing
GRaider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi from Belleville IL. Been a fan since '76. Hopefully the team will get back to where it belongs. The top of the NFL.

In the NFL there are 31 teams.....................................and then there are the Oakland Raiders. Fear the Nation.

“The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.” John Madden.
nugradraiderfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Columbus, Oh. I've been a fan since they won the SB in 83, the year i started playing pee wee FB. My all-time Raiders are Lester & Bo.

My favorite player now is CWood. We need him and it would be a mistake to let him go. He gets hurt because he is always trying to make plays. Look what he did against TO this year and what did Chump in Denver do and what DeAngelo in ATL did. Look what CWood does against Gates & Gonzalez. We need CWood... Fabian, Routt, Toast Hill & Nmamdi just can't get it done right now!!
NESNAT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, Im a 31 year old raiders fan living in bakersfield, ca via stockton, ca and have loved the Raiders for as long as I can remember. My dads a Raiders fan, his dads a Raiders fan, Silver & Black runs in our blood. I have been a season ticket holder for the last five years, but had to give them up this season because of work schedualing conflicts, but plan on getting them back next season. My favorite past Raiders were Howie Long and Bo Jackson. I loved the way Howie looked in a Raiders uniform, the way his facemasked looked with the u-bar coming down was legendary. Bo Jackson, without a doubt could have been the best running back to ever play the game. He had it all speed, power, size and he knew how to use it. Its a shame how is career ended. Today, I like watching Porter, and as of last season, Derrick Burgess. He's a beast. Anyways, I look forward to hereing what everyone has to say and throwing my two cents in every now and then.
kjherrm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone my name is kyle and I have been a Raiders fan for as long as I can remember. I live in Rockford, Il which is about an hour west of Chicago. I'm in college right now and spend a lot of time on this site. I'm the only Raiders fan out of all of my friends so its nice to come here and talk with people about the Raiders. Nice to meet everyone and praise the lord that the Norv Turner era is over.
boiseraider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you might have guessed, I'm from good ol' Boise, Idaho, a Raider fan since I was eight, and I'm now pushing 30. I'm a grad student in English at Boise State, and could not have been more excited when one of Boise State's best players in 2004 ended up on the Raiders' roster: Chris Carr.

As a fan beginning in the '80's, my all-time favorite players have to be Marcus Allen, Howie Long, Todd Christensen, Rod Martin and Lester Hayes/Mike Haynes. Bo Jackson will forever be the HOFer who isn't. And as a USC fan for just as long, I am not angry, but will always lament, the draft choice of Todd Marinovich.

Today, my favorites, far and away, are Kirk Morrison, Carr and Ron Curry. I have high hopes for Jake Grove, as a CENTER, and I think Fabian Washington may prove me wrong for saying he was pathetic burner with no skill when he was chosen.
RaiderFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Matt and I live in Beaver Falls PA. Home of the State Champs!!!! And I have been a Raiders fan since I can remember. I'm 19 years old and I have always been apart of the Raider Nation. I play college basketball at one of the Penn St. branches but Raider football has always been my first love. I have always been attracted to the Raiders mystique even though growing up in a town with all Steeler fans. I have the Oakland Raiders symbol tattooed on my right arm. I know 3 other people that are Raider fans, and they are the only ones around here thats apart of the Raider Nation, the rest are all Steeler fans. When i was younger I remember going into my room to watch the Raider games when the rest of my family was downstairs watching the Steeler games. Everytime the Raiders come to Pittsburgh I am at the game with my Raiders Jersey, Hat, Pants, and my face painted silver and black. I can't remember the last time the Raiders came to Pittsburgh and I missed the game. All of friends get on me for being a Raiders fan but I will never abondon the Nation. I bleed Silver and Black, and I am always a Raider Fan first over any other of my favorite teams in other sports. The Raiders have a saying There are 31 teams in the NFL and then there are the Oakland Raiders. Fear the Nation. Super Bowl 41 Champion Oakland Raiders!!!
RaiderFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Raider players are:
1. Danny Clark A.K.A. Hammerhead. He makes a ton of tackles and is one of the hardest hitters in the NFL. He's the most underrated player in the NFL.
2. Fabian Washington He tackles as well as any CB in the league especially for his size. He's got tremendous speed and we may have gotten the best CB in the draft. He is going to be a stud.
3. Randy Moss When healthy he will contribute like he did in Minnesota. In his first 4 games before he started playing hurt he was dominating the League.
4. Kirk Morrison A great tackler and if he would of played for a playoff contender he would of gotten talked about like Tatupu, Merriman, Thurmann, and Ware. He is going to be better then all of them.
5. Derrick Burgess How can you leave him off the list. He lead the NFL in sacks. A freak of nature.
Retired Raiders
1. Tim Brown He is the main reason that I am a Raiders fan. I loved watching him play when i was younger.
2. Rod Martin He had more INT's then any other player in Super Bowl history. 3 IN ONE GAME. The most underrated Raider of all-time.
3. Kenny Stabler A great leader on the field. He always made the big play when it needed to be made. The original master of the 4th quarter comeback.
4. Lestery Hayes Should be in the HOF. He gets snubbed every year. A true shutdown CB.
5. Jack Tatum A.K.A. The Assassin Always looked to knock the opponents head off. The hardest hitter in NFL history.
Gamble28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Nick. I live in Hendersonville, TN where im currently in college majoring in pre-law. Ive been a Raiders fan as long as I can remember. My favorite past players are Stabler and Bo. My favorite current are probably Schweigert and Gallery, and my favorite Raiders moment is Bo vs Bosworth.
HiFi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamble28 wrote:
....and my favorite Raiders moment is Bo vs Bosworth.

"In the secondary, now where is that Bosworth guy?"

Great moment! He ran him over and then later blew by everyone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: