You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scott Fujita

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Scott Fujita Reply with quote

So Scott is a RFA so does that mean we have to put an offer on the table and if a team goes over it we get 1st round compensation for losing scott?? I'm confused or if we just let him walk do we get nothing? And does anyone know when we find out what kind of a pick we get for Tait if it is a Third or Fourth?

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With restricted free agents, a team has three options. They can give him a high tender offer. This usually pays him the big bucks for one season. This is usually only for players who have really surprised after being drafted late. These players can negotiate with other teams. If they sign with another team, their old team can match it. Should the old team decline, they usually receive a first and third round pick in compensation, although a different trade is usually worked out. Fujita will not be given this kind of offer.

The Chiefs will offer Fujita a mid level tender. I think the numbers are pretty much set by the league, but it'll be somewhat of a raise. He can still talk with other teams. If someone signs him and we decide not to match, we get a 5th round pick as compensation because that is the round Fujita was drafted.

I think he's a pretty good player who still has some major upside, but I don't expect people to be knocking down his door.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: