You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I blame Jimmy Johnson for the Dolphins woes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: I blame Jimmy Johnson for the Dolphins woes Reply with quote

You guys may be wondering why I blame the man who drafted Daryl Gardener, Jason Taylor, Patrick Surtain, Zach THomas and Sam Madison. Well I have several: Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Yatil Green, John Avery, JJ Johnson and Cecil Collins. If you look at the quality picks vs. the busts I say his drafting was a wash, but the biggest reason I blame Jimmy for our downfall is he brought in Dave Wannsted. That damm man has failed every where he went and we hired him to be our head coach. Not to mention his great draft picks: Todd Wade, Ben Kelly, Jamar Fletcher, Seth McKinney, Eddie Moore(has he even played a down?), Wade Smith (garbage). He lucked up with Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael. Not to mention he ran Ricky into the ground that screwed up our 2004 season. You might say, why blame Jimmy for Wanny? My answer to you all is do you blame the drug or the pusher when someone dies? Thanks for setting back our franchise Jimmy.
Cunn88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually didnt wanny win everywhere he was b4 here?...he was with jimmy winning super bowls in dallas...and if im not mistaken he was with pittsburgh when they won there only national championship...other than that i agree with your assesment...Jimmy ruined us

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wandstash one word...... chicago

Jimmy I hate him always and forever for running off Don Shula. If he didnt pull the crap he did Shula would of coached 5 more years easily.
c_beiswanger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i agree, don shula is the man!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shula is God to Marino's Jesus

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abdul Jabbar wasn't that bad a pick for a third rounder, IMO...don't forget that he got us Shawn Wooden in round 6, Derrick Rodgers in round 3, Ed Perry in round 6, Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Bromell, =and Jermaine Haley. Rob Konrad wasn't a bad pick either.

Collins was a 5th rounder-not bad for the round at all...

Johnson also signed Brock Marion.

I think he did just fine. He got us a great secondary, a great MLB, OK OLBs, good DEs, imroved our DTs even more, and although he screwed up at RB, he was pretty solid, IMO.
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing that I hate about the coaches is 1 thing, they never planned for the future at QB! Jimmy never thought of an replacement for Marino and Wannstedt was in Fiedler heaven.

It's hard to be an NFL Coach. If you've been a head Coach u can talk bad about these coaches. But I doubt you could've telled the future and said, these players will suck, and Ricky will retire. It's hard work.

They did 1 thing right though that u have to admit, we were always in the playoffs more than we werent.

Dolphins Fan
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
Abdul Jabbar wasn't that bad a pick for a third rounder, IMO...don't forget that he got us Shawn Wooden in round 6, Derrick Rodgers in round 3, Ed Perry in round 6, Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Bromell, =and Jermaine Haley. Rob Konrad wasn't a bad pick either.

Collins was a 5th rounder-not bad for the round at all...

Johnson also signed Brock Marion.

I think he did just fine. He got us a great secondary, a great MLB, OK OLBs, good DEs, imroved our DTs even more, and although he screwed up at RB, he was pretty solid, IMO.

If they were so great then why did they not succeed when they were no longer Dolphins? Wanny was a decent coordinator but a horrible coach. Wait and see what happens to the Pittsburg Panthers.
KyleAustin316

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blame game eh? Okay...

I absolve JJ of any wrong doing. His good picks outweighed the bad in my book.

My blame falls 50/50. Whose fault is it?

The tandem on Wannstedt and Spielman.

Did Spielman even have a CLUE? The dude is an ESPN analyst now.
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Shula back with the Dolphins somehow. I miss seeing his monday night tv program. I made it a point to sit there and watch from the time I was 7 upwards.

Can you believe that some current dolphin fans dont remember Shula on the sidelines?
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Johnson was a problem to start with. He hated having to compete with Danny Boy for the Media's love and could never top his popularity. Even with his problematic ego he is not of fault for the Dolphins...the Combo of DW and RS left Miami in peril (saved by Saben). Look at the choices they made as a team...The Dolphins leqad the NFL in Rushing and miss the playoffs and have New England BEat only to stop giving Ricky the ball and lose the game. The QB research experiment to find AJ Feely...What the hell was that. The Wonderful draft choices...The Free agents...hopefully e will look back on the era as the Dark Ages.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishfan79 wrote:
I want Shula back with the Dolphins somehow. I miss seeing his monday night tv program. I made it a point to sit there and watch from the time I was 7 upwards.

Can you believe that some current dolphin fans dont remember Shula on the sidelines?

No I can't believe Dolfans don't remember Shula on the sidelines. Rick Spielman can't step foot in Miami again. If I ever see him I will hang his [inappropriate/removed].
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
If they were so great then why did they not succeed when they were no longer Dolphins? Wanny was a decent coordinator but a horrible coach. Wait and see what happens to the Pittsburg Panthers.

Since when was I talking about Wanny? Wanny is a horrendous coach.
MoJr24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KyleAustin316 wrote:

And who brought Wannstedt here? JJ
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJr24 wrote:
KyleAustin316 wrote:

And who brought Wannstedt here? JJ

Exactly my point. It all comes back to Jimmy Johnson. He is the reason we had Wanny. I will blame the owner for Spielman because they ran Marino out of the front office.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: