Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Eagles Mock Draft Reply with quote

Rd 1- If they dont move out of this pick, and don't sign a Wide reciver they should go with- Roddy White UAB

Rd 2 pick a- This is where they get an O-lineman if they get rid of Mayberry. My prediction is- David Bass Michigan

Rd 2 pick b-This is where they get another O-lineman, maybe a Tackle to take over in a year or to for Ruunyan, and let Bass and Andrews play the Guards. My Prediction is- Michael Munnoz Tennesee

Rd 3 pick a-If they don't get a power back to compliment Westbrook in FA, this is where they get him. My prediction- Frank Gore Da U

Rd 3 pick b- The Eagles always take a Local product, they do it here and also provide depth at LB with- Rian Wallace Temple

Rd 4-They need a back-up QB who is mobile, this is where they get one, the guy I like is-Adrian McPhereson Arena Football League

Rd 5 pick a- This is where teams just fill the depth chart. however the Eagles only have 2 good Recivers, TO and Greg Lewis, The guy I like here is- Steve Savoy Utah

Rd 5 pick b-This is just a pick for depth, If they go for a KR/PR, they should go with- Roscoe Parish Da U

Rd 6-Traded to San Fransisco

Rd 7-They should just use this pick for a player for the practice squad.
Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow
liquid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrews was drafted to play tackle. that's a very valuable position. Guards are much easier to find. so why would we reach and take munoz?

I think the tackle position, QB, CB and defensive end are the most valuable postions. and also game breaking wide receivers.

We could use another CB just in case Hood gets bowled over with a restricted free agent offer after next year. I don't think the Eagles want to be paying a nickel back starting CB money.

It also takes a year for the Eagles' corners to learn the system and in this day in age you need at least 4 solid corners.

You can also tell a thing or two about the value of players by looking at what it would take the franchise a player at their position.

I'd be happy if we got a cornerback and OG with our first two picks.

then drafted a running back and WR with the next two picks.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquid, no.

In regards to the mock, I personally as an intelligent Eagles fan see slim to no need at WR. It won't be addressed in the first round. T.O., Lewis and Pinkston are all fine. Young Justin Jenkins is waiting in the wings.

The Eagles won't take a guard in this draft, if they go O-line it will be tackle. The Eagles have alot of players that are guards but there is little depth at tackle. Also the eagles are very high on Adrien Clarke expect him to get his shot next year if available at Guard.

The Eagles won't draft 2 olinemen on the first day, they drafted 4 last year.

Frank Gore? no. He is a reach in the third, there will be plenty of other backs with working knees at that spot.

Rian wallace is your only remotely good pick, and you have him falling kind of far.

Also this is for everyone that does this. There is no "we" when talking about the Eagles. You do not work for the organization and you don't play for the team. Refer to the team in the correct manner.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate (aka the professional Eagles fan)

we would appreciate your opinion more if you didnt have to act so stuck up, everybody has their own opinions on what the eagles will do and they have a right to state it on this site, because it is a forum where people state THEIR opinion. Whats the point of having a forum if we dont get to read what other people think and mix them up with our opinion.

As i see it, i think the Eagles will take a Guard with their first pick in the second round and keep him on the bench for a year and make him either fill in at RG or LG in 2 years with either Runyan or Tra being cut. both Andrews and Hicks will be able to play their respective tackle positions and the drafted Guard will have a year under his belt with the system and should do fine.

I dont think pinkston or freddie will be back next season, this will mean we will probably sign Muhsin Muhammed or draft a WR in the first or second round. we still need another good WR to make a solid core of receivers.

also The Eagles will either resign Buckhalter which is pretty unlikely due to all his injuries or we would make a trade with the Packers with either a 3rd or 4th rounder for Najeh Davenport who is a RFA and who the packers wont offer a high tender due to their salary cap situation which isnt looking to good.

And with our other pick in round 2 i think we will either draft a DE which is very likely or even a possibility at LB, both positions will be needed after the FA period begins because Burgess and Douglas arent under contract and ND Kalu is decent and McDougle hasnt shown much since we drafted him.

Again this is my opinion so you can tell me what you think but u cant make a statement saying its either right or wrong because again its a forum so we're here to hear what people think.
liquid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate,

don't be such an [inappropriate/removed].

I've been an eagles fan since 1975 and I'm a very successful baseball agent.

I will continue to use we as I view the Eagles as partially my team!

L
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillyfan, I would probably sound like less of a -, if some of the opinions I read weren't just blind homerism.

As for the OG over OT, I still doubt that. Hicks is really nothing special, he is great coming off the bench for injury, not really starter material though.
The Eagles are in love with Clarke. The need becomes Tra's future replacement.

While I know Freddie is gone. Todd however will be back next year. At this point in his current contract releasing him will cause the Eagles a cap hit. I don't think the Eagles are the type of organization to take a cap it by cutting a decent player. As for Muhammed, he will probably get a big pay day from some poorly run organization(a.k.a. Redskins) I do say draft a WR but I would wait for the third.

As for the Davenport situation, I think that is a pipe dream. The Eagles are a team that acquires draft picks by trading their own players. Davenport is a good player, I just don't see the Eagles giving anything up for him. The Eagles could just as easily use that 3rd or 4th to draft a running back and pay him alot less than Davenport would want.

I agree with need for DE and LB.

Your opinions are better than alot of the other posters.

As for Liquid, it wasn't a direct attack on you it was for all posters that use "we." Sorry, that just really gets on my nerves. I probably over reacted.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
hype4bid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to way in my 2 cents:
1st round = I think the birds may trade up to grab a DT or DE. Franchising Simon is a sign that he will not be back next year. Time to groom someone: S.Cody, A.Hawthrone?
2nd round = definitely Oline (Barnes or Terry), unless a WR like T.Williamson or Clayton fall this far.
3rd round (2 picks) =if “we” don’t trade this pick for Davenport, I’d say LB, CB, or RB(Shelton).
4th round I think we go TE here (J.Dredssen or D. Kashetta) both are good blockers and average receivers that may compliment L.J. Smith if C.Lewis does not return.
5th, 7th, and any compensatory picks – When they get to the 5th round and beyond, I say the birds will draft the best players available for the DLs, LBs, CBs, WRs positions.

It’s ok if someone uses “we” or “us” to express their forum opinions. Some peeps just develop a tie with their team and it comes out naturally. No need to persecute them. We associate ourselves daily when will use the term “we Americans” and “our country” Does it mean we own the United States? Its just means we are proud Americans, just like when we use it to describe our favorite team. Just take a chill pill and talk football!

Anyone know of any other site for Eagles football discussions? Only one, I’m aware of, is Philly.com and not much discussions going on. Only peeps trash talking….And anyone subscribes to ESPN insider? I’m bout to subscribe and want some opinions before I shell out some bucks for it?
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: L.J. Smith ? Reply with quote

I think that TE just moved up a notch on the priority list
when L.J. Smith had lower back disk surgery last week.
That's a bad spot to be hurting !
and not much back up at TE ?
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its hard to determine now what position we will draft because FA hasnt happened!

once we realise who is staying and who is going. i think because of Derrick Burgess and Keith Adams play during the playoffs will appeal to a team that spends big bucks on average players ie 'redskins' and i doubt that they will be back.

It seems my wants change each day but i would seriously like a trade up into the middle of the round for a d-lineman such as Shaun Cody or Marcus Spears. even though it seems both these 2 players will be gone in the top 15, if they drop i think we could consider them both because they are both capable of playing either tackle or end. maybe this year could play end and switch to tackle nect year if Simon leaves. also they both have good speed off the edge which will take some players off Kearse and can stop the run which is somehting we struggled with last season.

with this draft i think the only position with quality at the spot where we pick in round one will either be DL, WR, OL so either one of those position will be addressed in round 1 in my opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: