Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wynn and Jansen Restructure deals!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avbanig

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Wynn and Jansen Restructure deals! Reply with quote

I read today that both Renaldo Wynn and John Jansen restructed their deals. Both restructured their contracts this week to provide the Redskins salary cap relief, defensive end and the combined savings of the two puts the team about $2 million under the cap. Wynn saved the Redskins $1.9 million. . . .

That's good news, now if we can just get Brunell and Samuels to restructure, that could save us like 5 million, that'd be nice!
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with those two(Burnell and Samuels) Exclamation
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I take back anything I ever said bad about Renaldo Wynn!

That is the meaning of being a team player, and I respect it greatly. The man knew he wasnt earning that big deal and he had enough pride and care for the team that he made a gesture he didnt have to. That's a huge step for the Skins.

Samuels will restructure. Brunell, I don't know. From everything I've heard, he's a stand-up guy so that makes me feel better, but I know hes not pleased about being a backup. Maybe he will figure that if he restructures, the team will give him a better shot at starting (which secretly they wont, lol).
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is why Joe Gibbs has made a big thing about emphasizing that Ramsey will have to earn his start next year. Trying to give Brunnel a little hope and grease the wheels for a restructure.

Samuels was 100% against restructuring when they tried this a year ago but this past year he has admitted a change of heart and is actively pursuing a more cap friendly contract.

I am not a big fan of Wynn but stepping up for the team is what Joe Gibbs means when he calls someone a redskin. I am now glad to have him stay though I would like someone that is more a pass rusher to start ahead of him.
WhySkins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently because wynn, jansen, and apparently ramsey all restructered they were able to resign Lemar Marshall, which I think is a great move. Get him for cheap, good depth, and allows you to toy with Arrington at DE, giving us one less thing we need in the draft or free agency.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had some room for Marshall already, we were a little more tha 4mill under the cap before the restructured deal and Marshalls deal was 3yrs for 2mill (I think)

Restructuring Samuels contract will give us the releif necessary to sign our draft picks and fill our holes in Free Agency> Brunnel needs to restructure simply because he isn't worth the money he makes. His cap hit isn't outrageous yet.

Mike Barrow needs to retire!!!!!
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggensghost wrote:
They had some room for Marshall already, we were a little more tha 4mill under the cap before the restructured deal and Marshalls deal was 3yrs for 2mill (I think)

Restructuring Samuels contract will give us the releif necessary to sign our draft picks and fill our holes in Free Agency> Brunnel needs to restructure simply because he isn't worth the money he makes. His cap hit isn't outrageous yet.

Mike Barrow needs to retire!!!!!

Where did you get your cap numbers from?
The commish.com has them around 2 million I think.
Do you have another source for NFL cap numbers?
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in two spots and I thought one was a posted limk to the commish but I ESPN insider also has them around 4mill before any of the restructuring.

If we trade off Gardner we save another 2mm on the cap and Wynn, Jansen restructuring, if we can get Samuels redone we will be in great shape (considering) Maybe we can get some good things done in free agency.
samuariskins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Cap Issue Reply with quote

Samuals & Brunell will not give us any cap savings without harming us even further down the road. Brunell will be known as the worst Free Agent pick-up in NFL history. Gibbs needs a GM. Its as simple as that.
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contract restructuring improves salary cap
The News
Because Redskins' offensive tackle Jon Jansen and defensive end Renaldo Wynn restructured their contracts recently, the Skins are now under the salary cap. has saved $1.9 million in salary cap money. The Washington Post reports that Jansen saved the Redskins $1.9 million, leaving the team roughly $2 million under the cap.
Our View
The Redskins are under the cap, but they don't have enough room to be big players in free agency like they have been in past years.

This is from Fanball.com. Not the 4 Million you mentioned earlier.

Does anybody know if Lavar still has his suit against the Skins. I think it's like $6.5 million. That could put a damper on the salary cap.
indaslums

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: BRUNELL Reply with quote

Brunnell is being paid as if he were the starting quarterback. he is proven that he is over the hill. ramsey earned his starting spot after getting killed in spurriers suicidal offense. either restructure or drop grandpa brunell
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but Gibbs has Vinny Cerrato so what more does he need?
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that LaVar dropped his grievance and that the team is going to make it up to him when they restructure his contract again (he counts like 12 million on next years cap before dropping back down into the 5,6,7mill)

As far as Brunnel we can drop him, we would owe him a pro-rated portion of his huge 40mill contract that is only a year old. We can only hope that he restructures or retires.
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Brunell restructure of retire?
He has to much to gain. He has the Skins organization right where he want them. If they want him gone, it will cost them something like $8 million towards the salary cap.

Huge mi$take by the $kins.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogs, going by your own reference to AskTheCommish.com the Skins have 4 million under the cap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: