Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My First Denver Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: My First Denver Mock Reply with quote

it's almost time to start looking at the draft, so here's my first denver mock...

1.a) Ko Simpson, S South Carolina - he's the type of safety we need, able to play centerfielder. a great ballhawk.

1.b) Martin Nance, WR Miami (Ohio) - a big receiver (6'4", 215) that we need. a great possession guy like hagan, but we need another end zone threat. i love putzier, but he didn't catch a TD this season.

2. Jesse Mahelona, DT Tennessee - i think he'll fall a bit because of his size and injury concerns, but we should snap him up if he's here. he's got a lot of potential at UT.

3.a) Mark Setterstrom, OG Minnesota - he's a great guard for our system. good quickness and agility. he'll slide a bit because he's too small for most teams, but that makes him perfect for us.

3.b) Joe Toledo, OT Washington - we'll get at least one third round comp pick, and we should make it this guy. same as setterstrom, he's perfect for our system because of his agility and speed. he's been moving up the boards lately so i hope he's still available in the third.

Last edited by broncosfan_101 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
broncos_fan80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with taking a safety and all but..

I like Santonio Holmes for WR. He is the best one in the draft, and a great player and he would be agreat help to this team.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan80 wrote:
I agree with taking a safety and all but..

I like Santonio Holmes for WR. He is the best one in the draft, and a great player and he would be agreat help to this team.

if we've got any kind of faith in lelie, we won't pick holmes because they are almost identical. we need a possession receiver and nance is that and more. he'll instantly become our best redzone threat which is something we need after watching lelie try for that fade against NE Confused .

plus i think ko simpson will be a great safety and a huge steal.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it. personally this is how i hope it goes down.

1a) Tamba Hali DE, Penn St - Great pass rusher but still good against the run. i have come to prefer him over Kiwi because the more i see of kiwi the more he reminds me of freeny. i would rather have a guy who can stop the run and get 5-6 less sacks per season.

1b) Derek Hagen WR, Arizona St.- our WR corps is thin to say the least plus Rod is getting old. Hagan is has great football speed and good size. is an above average blocker and runs dececent routes. both can be improved upon though under the tutilage of Smith.

2) Claude Wrotten DT, LSU - a Mid 1st rounder until his arrest he is a solid gap penetrator who can also take up blockers. is average against the run. lots of potential.

3a) Mike Hass WR, Oregon St. - an Eddie Mac Clone. great hands, crisp routes, willing to give up his body and go over the middle. a great #3.

3b) Roman Harper S, Alabama - a jack of all trades is solid in coverage though not much of a ballhawk, and still great in run support. leader on the field for the best defense in the nation last year. may never become elite but an upgrade over ferguson and a denver type player.

4a)Nick Mangold C, Ohio St. - Perfect fit, allready makes oline calls and adjustments, great speed and intangibles.

4b)Rashad Butler OT, Miami - After listening to Chris talk about him i decided to do a little video research of my own. good pulling speed, and adjusts well. great motor. gets over shadowed by winston but still a good prospect.

4c)Brian Iwuh OLB, Colorado - is projected as a S but fits the mold of a Denver OLB, smaller and quick yet still hits like a truck. a Special teams ace may never become more than a Kieth Burns type, but that's not bad.

5) DJ Shockley QB, Georgia - a little small, was highly recruited out of high school, a good leader and natural athlete. very inexperianced, a bit of a gamble but at this point well worth the risk.

6) Scott Ware S, USC - very underratted imo. could be a real gem. overshadowed by bing. will start on ST. but has alot of upside.
Westy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big Derek Hagan fan and hope we get him...and now you mention it there are a lot of similarities between Holmes and Lelie.

That being said they were both solid looking drafts and would be content with either...i think its going to be a pretty hard draft for us to screw up this year...lots of picks loaded talent.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
1a) Tamba Hali DE, Penn St
1b) Derek Hagen WR, Arizona St.
2) Claude Wrotten DT, LSU
3a) Mike Hass WR, Oregon St.
3b) Roman Harper S, Alabama
4a)Nick Mangold C, Ohio St.
4b)Rashad Butler OT, Miami
4c)Brian Iwuh OLB, Colorado
5) DJ Shockley QB, Georgia
6) Scott Ware S, USC

-i'm not a fan of hali that high. he doesn't have a lot of upside, his athleticism leaves a lot to be desired.
-i love hagan, but i think if we can get nance who is taller i would go with him.
-i love wroten, that's a great pick. don't know if he'll last that long. i would love pat watkins here.
-i like hass. i think he'll be a solid pro.
-harper is kind of like hali, a good college player without a ton of potential at the next level. he should be a decent pro, but again the lack of athleticism scares me.
-mangold is perfect.
-butler is a good pick (if toledo is gone Wink )
-love the hometown iwuh.
-shockley...he's gotta have a great combine for me to want to pick him. he's short, not very accurate. possible position change.
-scott ware would be a steal. i love this guy, and he played very well against texas.
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1A) Mathias Kiwanuka, DE -- BC
1B) Darnell Bing, S -- USC
2) Rod Wright, DT -- Texas
3A) Greg Lee, WR -- Pittsburgh
3B) Nick Mangold, C -- Ohio State
4A) Roger McIntosh, LB -- Miami
AB) Rashad Butler, OT -- Miami
4C) Mark Setterstrom, OG -- Minnesota
5) Greg Jennings, WR -- Western Michigan
6) Brandon Iwuh, OLB/S -- Colorado

Before you all rip me, I believe Kiwanuka could fall to us on draft day. I don't think Bing has ever been the first rounder people have made him out to be, either is Ko Simpson. They'll probably be drafted late first if anywhere, because usually safeties don't go that high. Rod Wright is not a first rounder, ask almost any scout and he hasn't lived up to his potentia l. He's still a solid pick for us in the second though. Not too impressed with the receiving class this year and Greg Lee is a good option for us, as he probably has the same amount of upside and potential as any other receiver in this draft.

Nick Mangold is like butter on bread for this team. McIntosh gives us depth at OLB/ILB. Butler just makes sense. Um, Setterstrom is a mid-rounder, not a first day guy and would make perfect sense for the Broncos. Greg Jennings could be a potential first day pick, but with a draft this deep and a weak receiver class (beings it won't be high priority picking) I think he falls. I also think Iwuh is better than where I list him, but he's not that fast and he's a tweener at the next level.

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
1A) Mathias Kiwanuka, DE -- BC
1B) Darnell Bing, S -- USC
2) Rod Wright, DT -- Texas
3A) Greg Lee, WR -- Pittsburgh
3B) Nick Mangold, C -- Ohio State
4A) Roger McIntosh, LB -- Miami
AB) Rashad Butler, OT -- Miami
4C) Mark Setterstrom, OG -- Minnesota
5) Greg Jennings, WR -- Western Michigan
6) Brandon Iwuh, OLB/S -- Colorado

there's only 2 picks that i can't see happening. wright is gonna go early 2nd based on potential alone. and jennings is underrated, but late 5th underrated? i didn't think so, but i could be wrong. the rest of them would all be steals, but not impossible steals.
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hearing Wright is mid-second to mid-third guy. That's just my feeling.

As of now, Greg Jennings is #15 on my WR list. Greg Lee is #7. Jennings could rise with a great combine, but since this is such a weak WR class... (taking into account he'd have an average combine) I don't think people will be going crazy on them. My guess is two or three per round, which would leave Jennings in that range. Just my feelings.

DenVerGuY66

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all these mocks look amazing but u seriously think simpson is better than bing?...some of u guys picked him instead...but were u guys picking Ko instead b/c u think bing would b drafted already?i dunno

_BlueQuickSilver on the sig
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on jesus, and Tim Tebow walks on chuck norris. Laughing
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're about the same in my books, Simpson a little better, but I think both of them are late first round picks at best, not top fifteen like some people do.

broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenVerGuY66 wrote:
all these mocks look amazing but u seriously think simpson is better than bing?...some of u guys picked him instead...but were u guys picking Ko instead b/c u think bing would b drafted already?i dunno

basically it depends on what kind of safety you need. simpson is a ballhawk, straight up. centerfielder who will fly everywhere to make the play. in the mold of sean taylor.

darnell bing is more of a strong safety. he'll play a little closer to the LOS and is better against the run. not really the kind of safety that we need because that's what we already have. lynch, ferguson and brandon are all strong safeties. they are coverage liabilities.

overall, i think ko simpson will be a better player. plus he's the type of DB that we need so i'd take him over bing.
Westy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no confidence in Bing...in the Rose Bowl he was shocking.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westy wrote:
I have no confidence in Bing...in the Rose Bowl he was shocking.

here's my general thought on the safety position for the broncos. we need a FS in the first 2 rounds so Ko Simpson or Pat Watkins is a must. if we don't think that we can get anything from Chris Young or Brandon Browner at SS, than with a comp pick in the third, JARRAD PAGE! i absolutely love this guy and if you watched the UCLA-USC game you do too. nick ferguson and john lynch are near the end of the line and i'm not sure what we can get from sam brandon. we need to overhaul this position now because i don't want to go into another season with these guys. another mock that i like is...

Kiwanuka
Simpson
Eslinger
T. Watkins
Page

that would be another dream first day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: