Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hawks' 2015 Offense (game concepts & analysis)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Hawks' 2015 Offense (game concepts & analysis) Reply with quote

Some nice 2nd half plays by RW. Bevell is terrible. Our pass protection was awesome. Our run blocking was terrible. How about we establish the pass & RW boots/options and then pound Lynch? It's always the opposite.

I like this sequence by RW. See if I can find it. btw, Doug Baldwin was the BEST offense player on the field. was open for 2 other Td's that RW didn't see.

I love how RW is looking left & strong. The OL gives him another clean pocket. He's going to freeze Burnett

Burnett is afraid of Mathews coming toward the post. RW is still staring leftwhile knowing he's going back to Doug.

RW steps up and fires a laser to Doug for the TD. That is excellent QB play, excellent. It can't be done any better than that.

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RW is excellent throwing crossing routes. I would design plays to clear out the seam or cross for Lockett, Mathews or Graham. It works and RW throws with authority and accuracy on crossers.

Lockett is wide open for the catch. Too easy. That play from weak or strong side is open. Then you run a post or 9 route off of that to pull safeties which will open up that area over the LB's. It's EASY EASY EASY. Bevell is a turd

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like this RW decision and don't understand the route concept at all. There, again, has the middle of the field open because Willson pulls C-Dix. Jimmy needs to attack the open seam.

That's a throw in the danger zone. You can't, can't do that. We traded for Jimmy for those situations. Hit the seam Jimmy.

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A td play with good and bad.

This is the bad. RW looks right to Kearse & the immediately checks down to Beast. There was a pocket. RW had 5 yds to move up in the pocket. Had RW looked left at all, he had both Jimmy & Doug open for td's on slant route combos.

You can see that Jimmy is wide open with a clear throwing lane RW needs to hit him. JImmy is frustrated after only 1 snag & these are the plays we traded for. If he sees beast how can he not see Jimmy running through the middle? uh oh....

The good. Again, RW looks right knowing he's coming back to the left. Still wonder why he doesn't attack to Graham. But this is solid play.

He comes back to Jackson for the TD. The good & bad w/in the sequence.

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Week 3 vs Chicago.... RWill is still outstanding w crossers Reply with quote

As mentioned in the GB analysis. Russell Wilson is outstanding on crossing routes. Superb. There are route combos to open up the middle of the field & expect to see more of it. Here's Graham's TD for starters. THese plays are wide open quite a bit. Clear out and pound the seam to JG.

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Vs Bears - Max protect 2 man route Reply with quote

Kearse joins in the deep cross - middle of the field where RWill is outstanding. Excellent Play action with a lengthy pocket. it was a leaping snag but when given time, RWill delivers the rock extremely well.

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Graham takes advantage of the middle of the field. Design crossing routes, maybe some quick curls instead of 7yd outs. Those are too dangerous. A repeat of taking advantage of the seam. It's there !

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Britt & Sweezy were beat Reply with quote

Tough play here. Britt was terrible when I focused on OL & Sweezy wasn't much better.

Britt & Sweezy get beat.... Heck, Okung is off balance & loses

Billal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, Good thread and analysis on the details and specifics.

The Sawhawks' offense in general:

Is very poor in executing in the Red Zone (28th in the league)

and converts very few first downs on 3rd down situations.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-doug-baldwin-attributes-offensive-tilt-toward-passing-to-deficits-in-first-two-games/

http://www.theolympian.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article37015398.html

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article36995700.html
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Zman, keep it up.
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Rawls 69 yd beauty Reply with quote

I haven't liked Bevell since the playoff loss at Atlanta in '12 when we laid a goose egg in the H1. 4th down fullback dives with Beast on the bench? I knew he'd cost a SB. Bevell truly stinks but PC can't see it. Too easy.

On this thing of beauty by Rawls, everyone knows it's a run & the blocking & cut back (twice) were splendid.

I went through all of the Hawks formations in the 1st Half because if my 10 yo knows what the Hawks are running how easy it for CIncy? EASY.

Out of the 20-22 package I formations lined up under center, the Hawks ran EVERYTIME in H1. 8 for 8. Not 1 play action & that's with 3 receiver sets. It's pathetic vanilla garbage calling. Same for other personnel packages. Same for the Defense.... Teams are figuring out the Hawks. If my 10 yo has....

Btw, Rawls scores on this 20 personnel package in the zman streamable below.

https://streamable.com/p8s8

Rawls Rocks... The 2 qualities I look for in a back are vision and feet. Rawls has those and power.
FeastMode

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Rawls 69 yd beauty Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
I haven't liked Bevell since the playoff loss at Atlanta in '12 when we laid a goose egg in the H1. 4th down fullback dives with Beast on the bench? I knew he'd cost a SB. Bevell truly stinks but PC can't see it. Too easy.

On this thing of beauty by Rawls, everyone knows it's a run & the blocking & cut back (twice) were splendid.

I went through all of the Hawks formations in the 1st Half because if my 10 yo knows what the Hawks are running how easy it for CIncy? EASY.

Out of the 20-22 package I formations lined up under center, the Hawks ran EVERYTIME in H1. 8 for 8. Not 1 play action & that's with 3 receiver sets. It's pathetic vanilla garbage calling. Same for other personnel packages. Same for the Defense.... Teams are figuring out the Hawks. If my 10 yo has....

Btw, Rawls scores on this 20 personnel package in the zman streamable below.

https://streamable.com/p8s8

Rawls Rocks... The 2 qualities I look for in a back are vision and feet. Rawls has those and power.

nice play
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Rawls run Reply with quote

I want to show Rawls' TD run and the fear of RW that led to the gaping hole. RW isn't running read option off of I formation because his back is to the weak side DE, M.Johnson. Bootleg maybe but not with Bevell calling garbage.

When PC took over, I was sure or hoping that ALL coordinators would read the Art of War by Sun Tzu. A major premise is "ALL warfare is based on deception", unless you're the Coordinators for the Seattle Seahawks & specifically Darell Bevell. Yes, Football is synonymous with warfare.

As mentioned EVERY 20-22 personnel grouping ran the ball. 8 times Standard (only analyzed the 1st Half). No deception. No simple seam pass. No simple crossing route. Nothing. As vanilla as it gets & yes, Rawls scored a 69 yd TD but that's more anomaly than what we need and expect from an Offensive Co that needs to unleash "deception". How can my 10 yo see this but Bevell making millions is still the same clown he was 4 years ago. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Zman724 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...... Standard 20 formation. Everyone knows we're running.

Same center of the field that I've seen open and open and open. How we can't exploit this more often is beyond comprehension.

Excellent blocking execution & Okung getting to the 2nd level to move the LB.

I was wrong about Rawls. I didn't see anything in pre-season at all. His vision and 1 cut and head North is solid for an undrafted Free agent. Heck for any RB it's great.

Split the D & tough running to the house. Impressive & I hope he gets more carries to ease Beast back into shape.

Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Red Zone Interception Reply with quote

It was obvious watching the 30 min condensed version and much of the all-22 that Cincy OUTCOACHED us. Rawls made a great TD run & the strip and score by Wags were all we could muster in the 2nd half.

The Hawks ran the SAME plays out of the 20-22 package & the SAME plays out of the 11 package in 1H. wtf? No variation. No deception. Just the same useless trash. Cincy showed the same formation but mixed in a pass vs the previous run. Even on the costly TO, Cincy ran the jet sweep to the same guy but inside popped a handoff up the gut in the 4th for a 1st down deep in Hawks territory.

I blame PC just as much as Bevell. How Pete can allow this trash to continue is on his watch. This red zone concept I'm delineating is eerily similar to the Lynch catch vs GB. Unfortunately, this RW pass ended in an interception. Why do I get so mad? A fanatic that can SEE THE OBVIOUS and track formations & pass/run plays. How can I SEE THE OBVIOUS but Bevell can't? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: