Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Car Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you can drive a RWD car with substantial power safely in the snow, but in my experience it's that you have to really take care with it. The point of AWD is that you can drive more close to normal without changing your style in varied weather conditions.

^ryknowssd on the sig
steelcity43

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have any experience with Audi a4's?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcity43 wrote:

I had two B4s, V6 was awesome. 1.4T was underwhelming.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Sure you can drive a RWD car with substantial power safely in the snow, but in my experience it's that you have to really take care with it. The point of AWD is that you can drive more close to normal without changing your style in varied weather conditions.
I get what your saying, but that can also lead to a false sense of security and will bite people in the end. No matter what WD your car is you have to take precautions and drive outside of your normal driving style in bad weather. But I understand what your saying completely. Of course its "easier" with an AWD 200hp car over a RWD 440hp car, but either way you should be paying the same amount of attention in bad weather.

And plus either way AWD/4WD can't fix stupid Laughing. It was hillarious last winter(my first winter here at Ft. Riley), a good portion of people stationed here are from the southern states and watching them drive in the snow was comical.

Jamison. on the sig
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
I get what your saying, but that can also lead to a false sense of security and will bite people in the end. No matter what WD your car is you have to take precautions and drive outside of your normal driving style in bad weather. But I understand what your saying completely. Of course its "easier" with an AWD 200hp car over a RWD 440hp car, but either way you should be paying the same amount of attention in bad weather.

And plus either way AWD/4WD can't fix stupid Laughing. It was hillarious last winter(my first winter here at Ft. Riley), a good portion of people stationed here are from the southern states and watching them drive in the snow was comical.

Another common mistake people make is not spending money on good snow tires. I don't understand why people assume all season tires are effective on snow and ice.

I agree with your comment AWD/4WD can't fix stupid. The majority of accidents occur because people can't stop and last checked that has nothing to do with AWD/4WD. People are simply prone to over driving road conditions. Combine that with lack of preparation for stopping and its accident time.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Neumatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Another common mistake people make is not spending money on good snow tires. I don't understand why people assume all season tires are effective on snow and ice.

I agree with your comment AWD/4WD can't fix stupid. The majority of accidents occur because people can't stop and last checked that has nothing to do with AWD/4WD. People are simply prone to over driving road conditions. Combine that with lack of preparation for stopping and its accident time.
Personally I don't have snow tires. All-season suffice as long as you know the limits of them. You just have to know when too much is too much. Which of course, snow tires will work better and work better in worst conditions. Hell last winter I drove on summer tires, smart? Hell no, but I knew that if there was snow on the road my car was parked.

You have to know the limits of yourself, your car, your tires and the road conditions. Having dedicated snow tires certainly help over all-seasons though if you have the extra money and space for them. Kinda all goes back to you can't fix stupid and over driving the road conditions as you said.

Jamison. on the sig
HOVA333

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
steelcity43 wrote:

Well their stock turbos is about the size of my fist Laughing . What did ya expect??

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
SiLo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
steelcity43 wrote:

Well their stock turbos is about the size of my fist Laughing . What did ya expect??

I expected a fun little gas saver, I owned a civic before so the lack of power wasn't the problem. Just wasn't as fun to drive as I expected it would be. They drive great though!

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
green 01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

I have an 01 mustang gt. 75mm Throttle body, CAI, Hooker long tubes and x pipe, Borla cat back, and a 3:90 gear with a tune. In the snow on a flat surface, I would put the thing in drive and get out and watch the wheels spin. I would actually have to push the car with the door open and catch it.
I now have a 2010 SHO (the mustang is in the garage), but the AWD is such a difference. It's so nice to be able to hit the gas and go in the snow.

ChuckNorris101 on the sig.
Winning isn't a sometime thing.... IT'S AN ALL THE TIME THING!!!
"IT IS TIME" -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews right before he forced the Mendenhall fumble.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heater in my car won't blow hot air anymore. If I set the dial on low heat will come out but it takes 4 times as long to defrost my windows.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
The heater in my car won't blow hot air anymore. If I set the dial on low heat will come out but it takes 4 times as long to defrost my windows.
your heater core is toast.

Jamison. on the sig
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
your heater core is toast.

damn...I've spent almost 2500 on repairs for this car within the past 3 months. Something new every other week.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
damn...I've spent almost 2500 on repairs for this car within the past 3 months. Something new every other week.

What kind of car? Replacing a heater core can get extremely costly. Hopefully im wrong and its not the heater core, but i doubt it. But It could be a crimped line preventing the hot coolant from flowing through the heater core. It could also be your thermostat or the heater core is clogged up. If you are able to locate the heater core you can feel the 2 hoses, one should be hot and one should be warm. If they are both warm its probably thermostat, if they are both hot its probably the heater core its self.

Also be sure to check your coolant level just to be sure. Wouldn't want you to take it to the shop for them to tell you it just needed coolant Laughing

Jamison. on the sig
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pissed my cruise control just went out on my 93 buick roadie. but i heard to fix it they would have to damn near take the steering column out. glad gas went down cause my heavy foot in the v8 was killing me.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

What kind of car? Replacing a heater core can get extremely costly. Hopefully im wrong and its not the heater core, but i doubt it. But It could be a crimped line preventing the hot coolant from flowing through the heater core. It could also be your thermostat or the heater core is clogged up. If you are able to locate the heater core you can feel the 2 hoses, one should be hot and one should be warm. If they are both warm its probably thermostat, if they are both hot its probably the heater core its self.

Also be sure to check your coolant level just to be sure. Wouldn't want you to take it to the shop for them to tell you it just needed coolant Laughing

Could also be a thermostat that's stuck open. That's a repair anybody that can use a wrench can get done in 20 minutes.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 96 of 99

Jump to: