Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Car Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
Mohr wrote:
I'm getting one in hopefully 2-3 years. Can't decide whether I want to get a GR or GD series.

GD was the last evo killer >>>

Funny thing is its not the MR killer. MR is faster.

MR is a very special EVO.

101stSaintsFan wrote:
I just bought a 2012 Toyota Tundra SR5 Texas edition!! woot! any fellow Tundra owners?

That Tundra tear-down test Applause

LOL no its not. Just a different package. Major difference is gearing thats all.. and thats why its faster. Not much difference after that.

Honestly I would have gone American when it comes to trucks. I've worked on many Tundras, they're still just not a real truck.

Well, when the American automakers get their crap together, maybe I'll buy my next one from them.

American automakers get their crap together so you bought a Toyota?

Sorry but that doesn't make much sense given changes over the past decade in quality. Not to mention Toyota has become the King of recalls.

My Toyota was built in San Antonio with at least 75% parts from the US...As opposed to what? Ford, GMC/Chevy and Dodge getting less that 75% from Mexico/Canda/China...? My truck is JUST as American as anything the big three make. This buy American attitude is stupid and out dated. I'M the one spending tens of thousands on a vehicle and if another countries truck is better (even though my toyota is as american as apple pie at this point), I'll go with the better truck no matter the country of origin. And like Hova said, the recall BS was looked at to be operator error, not mechanical error.

I have had plenty of work trucks that my company provides... S-10/Ram/Tacoma/Silverado/Frontier/Dakota/F-150, 250. I put plenty of miles on them and have driven them all regularly. When I drove the Tundra, it was the right fit. To me, there was no comparison; the Tundra was easily my fav...So I've done my reaserch and have PLENTY of time behind the wheel of many different trucks.

Jeez. Why can't anyone say (even if they don't mean it), Good job man! Nice truck" and leave it at that. So much hate and "you should have done this".

Let me just say I'm jealous.

I'm looking to get a truck hopefully next Spring/Summer, but haven't really narrowed it down yet. Have only driven a Ridgeline and an F150 at this point. However, the Tundra is my favorite looks wise, and have a buddy who absolutely loves his so I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Whenever I'm getting one of our vehicles serviced I always go out on the lot and look at trucks. I haven't owned one in years but there are some unbelievable trucks on the market now.

It's almost is an insult to call them a truck. They should be called high performance luxury utilitarian vehicles. Laughing

When you look at some of them they have cabs as nice as my Cadillac with quality seats. Four door models with T.V. and DVD players.

They have advanced so much in the past 10 years its really incredible.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
HOVA333

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
Mohr wrote:
I'm getting one in hopefully 2-3 years. Can't decide whether I want to get a GR or GD series.

101stSaintsFan wrote:
I just bought a 2012 Toyota Tundra SR5 Texas edition!! woot! any fellow Tundra owners?

LOL no its not. Just a different package. Major difference is gearing thats all.. and thats why its faster. Not much difference after that.

Honestly I would have gone American when it comes to trucks. I've worked on many Tundras, they're still just not a real truck.

Well, when the American automakers get their crap together, maybe I'll buy my next one from them.

Sorry but that doesn't make much sense given changes over the past decade in quality. Not to mention Toyota has become the King of recalls.

My Toyota was built in San Antonio with at least 75% parts from the US...As opposed to what? Ford, GMC/Chevy and Dodge getting less that 75% from Mexico/Canda/China...? My truck is JUST as American as anything the big three make. This buy American attitude is stupid and out dated. I'M the one spending tens of thousands on a vehicle and if another countries truck is better (even though my toyota is as american as apple pie at this point), I'll go with the better truck no matter the country of origin. And like Hova said, the recall BS was looked at to be operator error, not mechanical error.

I have had plenty of work trucks that my company provides... S-10/Ram/Tacoma/Silverado/Frontier/Dakota/F-150, 250. I put plenty of miles on them and have driven them all regularly. When I drove the Tundra, it was the right fit. To me, there was no comparison; the Tundra was easily my fav...So I've done my reaserch and have PLENTY of time behind the wheel of many different trucks.

Jeez. Why can't anyone say (even if they don't mean it), Good job man! Nice truck" and leave it at that. So much hate and "you should have done this".

If you had stated the bolded part you would probably have gotten the response you desired.

Sorry if I offended you but it was you that took a poke at American manufacturers and are now pointing out the obvious that manufacturers are all global.

What Hova pointed out is only one issue of which Toyota has had many. Toyotas problems aren't limited to operator error in regards to sticky gas pedals.

The latest surveys have Toyota averaging 118 problems per 100 vehicles which places them in about 23rd spot amongst manufacturers.

As for technical service bulletins they aren't the same as a formal recall. TSB's are addressed, usually without the owners knowledge when a car is taken in for service. TSB information/notification is never sent to an owner and in most cases the only time an owner knows is if the follow the TSB releases. Recalls are more serious in nature and require official notification to the owner. It may come via letter or phone call.

The truth is Toyota's quality has been slipping steadily since 2007 and the American manufacturers have been increasing in quality over the same period. Ford has now surpassed Toyota and Lexus for quality control in almost all market segments.

I'm glad you like your truck. Purchasing what's right for you is always the best way to do it. Sometimes a vehicle just feels right and you know it's right for you.

TSB's fall under recalls. But all it is, is common problems among vehicles to advanced diag or to related symptoms the vehicle has. It's nothing that needs to be released to the public,, although it assessable. I can't stress though how freaked out people get over their car though and try to tell me ( the auto tech ) whats wrong with their car because they read a TSB on a stupid Prius forum...../rant

All in all there are way bigger pieces of crap on the road than Toyota. *Cough NISSAN.....Every one has quality issues because of cheaper manufacturing and growth in technology. And thats that.

I have to agree, they all have their problems. So many are even using parts manufactured by the same company. Outsourcing has become a standard practice and you get huge manufacturers like Magna supplying to most of them. They or their subsidiaries supply to Toyota, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Volkswagen, BMW. European operations supply a host of manufacturers including Aston Martin.

I guess you could technically say a TSB is a recall but manufacturers will issue a TSB for diagnostic changes and service manual and procedural changes. Recalls are mandatory and issued as a result of regulator requirement and are safety related.

People do freak out over cars don't they? I'm sure it's worse now because people used to have a basic understanding of their car but now with the onboard computer systems even basic diagnostics for a layman are a crap shoot.

I'm no mechanic but I'm pretty good at diagnosing a problem, or so I thought.

My Daughter bought a 2012 Cruze. She took me for a ride and the tranny was shifting funny.

Well, Daddy took it into the service advisor who has been a friend for years. Did I feel stupid. The transmission adjusts based on driving patterns always trying to maximize fuel economy. So if you change drivers or get off the freeway all the shift points can be temporarily out of sync.

I learned something new. Laughing

Just to clear it up, a recall is a TSB. For example a 90L Was a pedal cut. A 90D was a Tacoma undercoating spray. Wow I really forgot a lot of Opt codes for recalls Embarassed

Its not the OBD that people freak out about, its every thing. Just as an example a customer may complain about a road noise. Well lets just say the hubcaps were making noise. People will argue that there is something severely wrong. No its your cheap hub caps!!!!

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
moss_is_1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a CAR, but I need AWD as I live in northern Minnesota.

I would like something that gets solid MPG, but also something with some power.

Basically narrowed that down to a Lexus IS250(love Toyota), or an Infinity G35(seems like an amazing deal, cheaper then the lexus, more power and still luxury)...

I have an 06' 4runner right now with about 130k miles on it that I would want to trade in....any tips, suggestions?
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a 2010 Mazda 5 yesterday. Certified pre-owned at a really good price. It's official guys, we own a minivan now. Laughing Now I have to work on selling my Honda Accord. Crying or Very sad

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
Mohr wrote:

101stSaintsFan wrote:

If you had stated the bolded part you would probably have gotten the response you desired.

Sorry if I offended you but it was you that took a poke at American manufacturers and are now pointing out the obvious that manufacturers are all global.

What Hova pointed out is only one issue of which Toyota has had many. Toyotas problems aren't limited to operator error in regards to sticky gas pedals.

The latest surveys have Toyota averaging 118 problems per 100 vehicles which places them in about 23rd spot amongst manufacturers.

As for technical service bulletins they aren't the same as a formal recall. TSB's are addressed, usually without the owners knowledge when a car is taken in for service. TSB information/notification is never sent to an owner and in most cases the only time an owner knows is if the follow the TSB releases. Recalls are more serious in nature and require official notification to the owner. It may come via letter or phone call.

The truth is Toyota's quality has been slipping steadily since 2007 and the American manufacturers have been increasing in quality over the same period. Ford has now surpassed Toyota and Lexus for quality control in almost all market segments.

I'm glad you like your truck. Purchasing what's right for you is always the best way to do it. Sometimes a vehicle just feels right and you know it's right for you.

TSB's fall under recalls. But all it is, is common problems among vehicles to advanced diag or to related symptoms the vehicle has. It's nothing that needs to be released to the public,, although it assessable. I can't stress though how freaked out people get over their car though and try to tell me ( the auto tech ) whats wrong with their car because they read a TSB on a stupid Prius forum...../rant

All in all there are way bigger pieces of crap on the road than Toyota. *Cough NISSAN.....Every one has quality issues because of cheaper manufacturing and growth in technology. And thats that.

I have to agree, they all have their problems. So many are even using parts manufactured by the same company. Outsourcing has become a standard practice and you get huge manufacturers like Magna supplying to most of them. They or their subsidiaries supply to Toyota, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Volkswagen, BMW. European operations supply a host of manufacturers including Aston Martin.

I guess you could technically say a TSB is a recall but manufacturers will issue a TSB for diagnostic changes and service manual and procedural changes. Recalls are mandatory and issued as a result of regulator requirement and are safety related.

People do freak out over cars don't they? I'm sure it's worse now because people used to have a basic understanding of their car but now with the onboard computer systems even basic diagnostics for a layman are a crap shoot.

I'm no mechanic but I'm pretty good at diagnosing a problem, or so I thought.

My Daughter bought a 2012 Cruze. She took me for a ride and the tranny was shifting funny.

Well, Daddy took it into the service advisor who has been a friend for years. Did I feel stupid. The transmission adjusts based on driving patterns always trying to maximize fuel economy. So if you change drivers or get off the freeway all the shift points can be temporarily out of sync.

I learned something new. Laughing

Just to clear it up, a recall is a TSB. For example a 90L Was a pedal cut. A 90D was a Tacoma undercoating spray. Wow I really forgot a lot of Opt codes for recalls Embarassed

Its not the OBD that people freak out about, its every thing. Just as an example a customer may complain about a road noise. Well lets just say the hubcaps were making noise. People will argue that there is something severely wrong. No its your cheap hub caps!!!!

I think we're just arguing semantics for the most part. Mandatory recalls are safety related and dictated by a regulatory body (usually).

TSB don't necessarily have a great influence on the car itself. They could outline a procedure change or provide notification to a dealer that cars reporting a problem should be fixed in a certain manner but it isn't always mandatory repair or changes.

You're a technician so a TSB probably is viewed differently in the industry than it is by a consumer. I have never been notified of a TSB but have always been notified of an official recall.

So in effect I guess they're both recalls but as a consumer they are vastly different.

I know what you mean about people freaking out. I've witnessed it many times. I tried to calm a fellow down at the dealership. He was absolutely insisting his CTS wasn't operating properly and as I was next to him with a different service advisor I couldn't help but overhear.

He was complaint about a rubbing noise when turning at low speed such as backing out of the driveway. He was also complaining about fan noise.

All CTS coupes suffer from minor tire scrub at very low speeds turning. The fan, at idle is annoying. It's my only complaint with the car. At idle it just sounds like a sewing machine. I to, thought there was something wrong with the car but its simply one of those vehicle traits that's an annoyance.

Anyway the poor service advisor was getting an undeserved earful.

Which makes me furious actually. I don't know what's wrong with people today but more and more I hear people ripping a strip off people. I don't care how upset people are it doesn't give them the right to be verbally abusive especially to the people generally trying to help you.

People just aren't nice anymore I guess.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Just bought a 2010 Mazda 5 yesterday. Certified pre-owned at a really good price. It's official guys, we own a minivan now. Laughing Now I have to work on selling my Honda Accord. Crying or Very sad

My condolences. Laughing

Being serious, good for you. It's always great when someone gets a deal that is satisfactory.

I've gone through many cars in my life and I actually hate the buying process. I always feel like I could've done better.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
So the past day, I found out a had a small crack in the bottom left hand side of my windshield. Looks like a pebble or something hit it on the highway. I guess the best description for it would be like a semi-circle, about 4-5 inches wide? Is this repairable, and if so what would be the best means to go about getting this fixed? And if it's not repairable, what should I consider when getting the windshield replaced?

Is it a crack, 4-5 inches long in a semi circle? Or is it a chip 4-5 inches across?

If its a crack it should be repairable .

As far as I know, a crack or chip larger than a quarter is not repairable and his whole windshield will need to be replaced. Most insurance policies cover this though.

Well this is a picture of the crack:

I haven't really talked to the insurance company yet. But it seems to repair a crack most places charge like $80-100, where as to replace the whole windshield it would be like $200-300. From that picture, is that repairable?

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moss_is_1 wrote:
I want a CAR, but I need AWD as I live in northern Minnesota.

I would like something that gets solid MPG, but also something with some power.

Basically narrowed that down to a Lexus IS250(love Toyota), or an Infinity G35(seems like an amazing deal, cheaper then the lexus, more power and still luxury)...

I have an 06' 4runner right now with about 130k miles on it that I would want to trade in....any tips, suggestions?

Those are both nice vehicles but personally I'm more partial to the infinity. They have more power and just seem more stable all around. When I drove the Lexus it just didn't feel right to me but that's probably just a matter of preferences not indicative of short comings in the car.

The only negative I know about the G35 is they had transmission problems early on. They've probably corrected it by now but it would be worthwhile checking out to confirm.

You'll do better selling the four runner privately. With 130k on it, if dealers are the same as in Canada they will either auction or sell the vehicle to a secondary lot.

With the exception of my Bullitt I always trade my vehicles. I know I can do better but I just hate dealing with the tire kickers.

I am curious why you think you need AWD?

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

My condolences. Laughing

Being serious, good for you. It's always great when someone gets a deal that is satisfactory.

I've gone through many cars in my life and I actually hate the buying process. I always feel like I could've done better.
Same here. Plus it takes forever. Buying my home took less time than completing my last two car sales. I was there for four hours and a buddy of mine bought a new car last month and he said it took 6 hours. What is the problem with the time it takes???

"Keep choppin' wood"
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

My condolences. Laughing

Same here. Plus it takes forever. Buying my home took less time than completing my last two car sales. I was there for four hours and a buddy of mine bought a new car last month and he said it took 6 hours. What is the problem with the time it takes???

It seems, sometimes they try to wear down your resistance during the process.

It takes longer to purchase a car than write up an offer on a house. Even at the lawyer,less time.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
moss_is_1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

Those are both nice vehicles but personally I'm more partial to the infinity. They have more power and just seem more stable all around. When I drove the Lexus it just didn't feel right to me but that's probably just a matter of preferences not indicative of short comings in the car.

The only negative I know about the G35 is they had transmission problems early on. They've probably corrected it by now but it would be worthwhile checking out to confirm.

You'll do better selling the four runner privately. With 130k on it, if dealers are the same as in Canada they will either auction or sell the vehicle to a secondary lot.

With the exception of my Bullitt I always trade my vehicles. I know I can do better but I just hate dealing with the tire kickers.

Yeah I was wondering if I should try to straight up sell it or not.

I was thinking I would want AWD because of snow/icy roads but the more I've been thinking about it, I've been wondering if I should just go for an IS350 without it. It'd be similar in price with the 250AWD but a lot more power. Gonna have to get some insurance quotes first though... Laughing
Neumatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really put much worth into AWD vs RWD vs FWD. I can drive better then most people in the snow in my RWD sports car. All it takes is patients, I say go for the power! If you really wanted you could get snow tires.

Jamison. on the sig
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
I don't really put much worth into AWD vs RWD vs FWD. I can drive better then most people in the snow in my RWD sports car. All it takes is patients, I say go for the power! If you really wanted you could get snow tires.

Same. Unless you routinely drive through snow, I personally think AWD is just a "nice to have".

Though, on the same note, when I buy a truck I'm most definitely getting 4WD. My parents live down a private lane that doesn't get plowed, so when it snows they have to dig themselves out. Having a nice, 4WD truck to get down there to help will be awfully nice Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

My condolences. Laughing

It seems, sometimes they try to wear down your resistance during the process.

It takes longer to purchase a car than write up an offer on a house. Even at the lawyer,less time.
But we already decided on it and the price after the test drive and negotiations. The time frame for the test drive and getting the price took about an hour maybe an hour and a half. I don't get why they make you wait so long.

"Keep choppin' wood"
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moss_is_1 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Yeah I was wondering if I should try to straight up sell it or not.

I was thinking I would want AWD because of snow/icy roads but the more I've been thinking about it, I've been wondering if I should just go for an IS350 without it. It'd be similar in price with the 250AWD but a lot more power. Gonna have to get some insurance quotes first though... Laughing

I was just curious. For many years I had a 4 X 4 but really didn't need it. A real good set of winter tires should provide everything you need.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 95 of 99

Jump to: