You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Rookie report from 2005.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titansfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: My Rookie report from 2005. Reply with quote

Here's a Rookie report that I did in the NFL and I thought I would share it with you guys so you can agree or disagree whichever you feel is appropriate.... I haven't seen them as much as most of you have though so don't critique me too much.... Wink .

(1st round) Adam "PacMan" Jones - Regardless of what people say about him PacMan has tried one hundred per cent this season. His attitude needs to be sharpened up on and he needs to mature but that should come in time. He has been the best player in our secondary in my opinion. Despite the Training Camp fiasco early on he has done well in coverage and he has been amazing at returning kicks and Punts. He will no doubt be remember for the final regular seaosn game against the Jaguars.... . I hope I'm wrong. In my eyes, this guy is a future Pro - Bowler and hopefully much moire....

(2nd round) Michael Roos - He has played all sixteen games this season and he has been consistent. He has made some Rookie errors but then again, who hasn't? The coaching staff believe he will be groomed into Left Tackle for next season. He has been solid at blocking on a poor and depleated Offensive Line. He has been one of the few posotives on the line and he offers a lot of versability too.... A future Pro - Bowler? Possibly.

(3rd round"A") - Courtney Roby - has probably been the least productive of the three Rookies but he has been consistent and he has shown some signs of being a very good Wide Receiver. I have been pleasantly pleased by his performances.

(3rd round"B") Brandon Jones - Was the most productive of the three Rookie Receivers. He put in some very good games and he was a good outlet for McNair. Showed a lot of maturity in his first season. Sadly, after scoring on a long Touchdown against the Cardinals he tore his ACL and that was the last of him... .

(4th round"A") Vincent Fuller - Impressed early on in camp and then got injured by tearing his ACL (If I remember rightly). The coaches feel a bright future is ahead of this guy. I can;t wait to see him get some game time. May see a lot of playing tiem next season with the possibilty of Tank Williams being cut.... This guy has me excited.

(4th round"B") David Stewart - Hasn't played a lot from what I remember. He has been solid when he has played but I have never really heard or seen a lot of him...

(4th round "C") Roydell Williams - Impressed me. He had a big game against the 49ers and he showed signs that he could be a good target for McNair. He has decent speed and size and he has a good set of hands. Another training camp for him and the other two for a matter of fact will only improve these guys.

(5th round"A") Damien Nash - Who? No seriously, the guy got injured early on and never got going after that. He rarely got any snaps unless they were i games where we were well and truly beaten... I want to see more of this guy.

(5th round"B") Daniel Loper - Haven't seen much of him. If anything of him. Haven't heard anything either.... Solid player from what I have heard though....

(6th round) Bo Scaife - Has came up with some good catches when called upon and he has added good depth at that Tight End position. He has shown good hands at times and come up with some big plays when a first down has been required... Needs to stop holding on running plays though.

(7th round) Reynaldo Hill - May be the biggest steal we got. He has the picks that PacMan doesn't have but he hasn't been better than him. PacMan has covered well whereas Hill hasn't. Hill needs to polish up on his tackling as well. Is he the right guy for the number two spot? I don't know but I doubt it at the moment.... He may be a one for the future but he needs to improve the coverage....

Here's my views guys. Please, go easy on me.... Razz . I do know that there is a lot of potential from most of those picks...

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pacman and i think that he will end up being a future pro bowler

Roos will be very successful in the pros because he was great as a rookie

I like Brandon more than Courtney.............. Brandon should be the number one WR next year because i dont think that Bennett can play that role for the team

Fuller......... doesnt show me much

Reynaldo Hill............ could be a nickelback but i dont see him being anymore than that--bad tackler and makes many mistakes in coverage

He will be the nickelback because Pacman and Jimmy Williams will be the starters next year Wink Wink Wink
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:

He will be the nickelback because Pacman and Jimmy Williams will be the starters next year Wink Wink Wink

You like living in your fantasy world don't ya. Face it, Vince Young will be a Titan next year.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You like living in your fantasy world don't ya. Face it, Vince Young will be a Titan next year.

is there somethin wrong with living in a fantasy world....IS IT MY FAULT THE UNICORNS MAKE ME FEEL LOVED.....any way....im still holdin out hope for a trade down but i have come to the realization that baring any unforeseen events (such as vince youngs legs and arms falling off) vince young will be the 3rd over all pick in the 2006 NFL draft on april 29th

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:

Reynaldo Hill............ could be a nickelback but i dont see him being anymore than that--bad tackler and makes many mistakes in coverage

I was very pleased with the way Hill played, I mean talk about finding a diamond in the rough, he was a 7th round pick. I saw him come up and really stick some people this year, I think he is a pretty good tackler, and has the potential to be a really good corner.

BadToTheBone wrote:
VY, proving doubters wrong since college. When will people give up?

Hes a winner and will always be one.
titans will return

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:

Roos will be very successful in the pros because he was great as a rookie
What??that has no reasoning behind,he was a good rookie??LOL what is your problem??

Fuller......... doesnt show me much
MMM How Could he,he played in 2 Games LOL and he was a very bright spot in our secondary when he played and a key asset in the win vs. Baltimore a game I was at,in on a force fumble and then recovering it,and making key stops.

His tackling was much better towards the end of the year he made some nice hits,you can tell he worked hard in that area,he made some rookie mistakes in coverage,but what ROOKIE doesnt??He is way too fast/small to be a nickleback,its better suited for Woolfolk,and Reynaldo did lead our team with INT's,I look for a very promising future with the former 7th round pick.
AsianPlayer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Pacman Jones will definately improved, but his attitude really has to change because it affected his play. I do take in consideration that at times he was covering the best player of the opposing team such as Chad Johnson when they played the Bengals. But when I saw him in the Raiders game, he played terrible and it was mostly because of his play than the WR. He was covering Jerry Porter and he had caught a pass near the sidelines and Jones tries to push him out, but he didn't put much effot in it and Porter took off for like a 50 yard TD. Pacman Jones is definately a good punt returner.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacMan was a Rookie yes....?

Rookies very rarely come in at the Cornerback stage and impose themselves upon Quarterbacks and make them think twice about throwing to them.... However, PacMan didn't get thrown to all that often this season.... If he can control his temper and if he can sort out that attitude of his then we are looking at a future Pro - Bowler in my opinion. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be someone who thinks he is better than the team....

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just hope he doesn't turn out to be someone who thinks he is better than the team....

i dont think he will....if im not mistaken most of his problems have been away form the titans locker room and the field....correct me if im wrong

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsianPlayer wrote:
I think Pacman Jones will definately improved, but his attitude really has to change because it affected his play. I do take in consideration that at times he was covering the best player of the opposing team such as Chad Johnson when they played the Bengals. But when I saw him in the Raiders game, he played terrible and it was mostly because of his play than the WR. He was covering Jerry Porter and he had caught a pass near the sidelines and Jones tries to push him out, but he didn't put much effot in it and Porter took off for like a 50 yard TD. Pacman Jones is definately a good punt returner.

ya that was the laziest play that i have seen in a long time...... all he had to do is push him 2 steps over to the sideline

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: